[1.0.6.1] 5 Storm Totems Vindicator - No Banner 8:16

I must be piloting poorly because with banner I got 8 minutes on my first run with Ptirodaktill’s setup. How the heck did ya get 6:18 on the OP? is that version best then? Oh, I did do extra spawn.

Like i said to ya_ in a pm, I honestly don’t know how the hell i managed 6:18 in that run, that was literally the first run i attempted after i assembled the build and all subsequent runs after that were around 7mins (with banner). And apparently even without a banner and ulzuins blessing, the build still does 7min runs, so i really dunno what to say lol, i’m just as confused as you are :rolleyes:

Actually I swapped my button setup to something closer to ya’s and I was able to get just over 6 and half minutes with banner. Needed aether clusters though.

And whatever tool he’s using to show the name of hero mobs and bosses would probably have helped shave some time down as well for helping me orient myself about where I need to move and who to kill.

I just remembered why I never put more that one point intro DUMB devils
:eek: Now I think Storm box is not that bad :smiley:

PC difference matter. Even on my 3570k at 4 Ghz+1060 turning the graphic off reduce runtime by 20 seconds.

That’s a good point! I’m on a Nvidia 1080 but I should try putting everything to low and trying again. Mercy when you read this, please post your most updated version that you can get sub 7 with pretty consistently, if you get the chance. That was amazing.

Also what tool do you use to see boss names?

edit I meant Mercy

Also mutators and retarded/nonretarded spawns.
Extra move speed? Faster run. Got two Reapers with Fabius? Faster run. Retarded trio leave it spawn-point? Faster run.
Some random shit stuck at spawn point in another corner of the map? Well, that suck :smiley:

Retarded spawn ai was adding a lot of time to me on multiple waves.
Still I’d like to know exactly what Mercy’s build was at the 6:18 run. I ought to try the 26 storm box .

Grim internals. I mostly used it for auto picking up components and rares. But is has a bunch of other additional features you can toggle on or off that’s invaluable.

Grimtools links for each build used in that video are in the description

BTW I think Guthook belt is worth checking. From posted videos I see some struggle against human targets - Janaxia etc.

At this point in time, the fastest build i’ve tested so far is ya_'s original build. With and without banner

Huh, so the many MI build is actually worse. Go figure! Thanks

Devil’s base node is great with the Ultos axe and Stormcaller Pact or other setups that give high phys to lightning conversion and/or when you go for electrocute. Outside that, the Box is better as long as you can cast it well (it’s target casted, hooks on and dies off with the enemy - it’s a very skill dependent spell). Many ppl focus on its low dmg and underestimate its AoE and stackable da shred (maybe because you get twice as much da shred, unstackable though, for half the points in the skill next door?)

Even though I personally fail to use it well, I stand by my choice to max Tenacity at least for a no-banner setup. I also, not so firmly though, stand by my choice of WoP as one pointer to utilize the medal’s -50da mod as well as the proccing power. OA is important for Ultos (almost like a sixth Totem) and for the fact that many sources of dmg make investment in oa more direct an investment in dps. I would also try to squeeze some points out for biting cold as mad_lee suggested but not instead of Tenacity but on top of it (yeah!) if only I had six fingers in my left hand. Where’s that guy from macro scripting?? :slight_smile:

What I was unsure about was whether to invest more in arcane empowerment at the cost of the tether. One point in blood Pact and WoP last node is also a good idea.

The gear chosen by Ptiro is definite BiS with a few changes for my personal taste. I’ll post my proposition for GDStashing when I’m back from work.

Last thing, whether sth clears in 6:18 or 7:02 is often a matter of converging of multiple micro-factors: mutators, nem combos, stray trash, skill jamming, players errors, FPS drops, etc.

Lol never heard of spellbinder?:rolleyes: Actually I prefer a hybrid vindicator, he deals insane dmg ouput and facetank everything.

He actually played my binder and got insane 6 min timers. He meant the “fastest version of this build”.

I didn’t have time to test it myself but this will probably get best clear times (no banner). The relic with Censure completion bonus ofc. If sustain is a problem than back to the original weapon components (haunted on main and corruption on off)

EDIT: Or this for total offense but might be too much…

Runecaster is BiS prefix for crucible. 25% Extra dmg for aetherial and chtoinc? Gimme two :smiley:
Also not sure if hell bane ammo do anything on these setups, its less that 3% dmg increase.

Absolutely. I overlooked that. You can’t have two runecaster’s, can you? gt doesnt show it on offhand.

Here should be the final version.

“Ancient Groble proverb: better 3% dmg increase than 0.”

Holy cow I’d never thought of vindicator totems but WOW. Blew my mind. can’t wait to lay my hands on this build. A fantastic job! :slight_smile: :D:D:D

Lmao I gave this guy a discount in trade in exchange for that endorsement. I was kidding with that!

BTW This is the best I managed with the GDStashed setup from my last post. A bit testy and almost died there at 170 but no-banner 7:38 is no-banner 7:38 :slight_smile:

EDIT: I did 7:22 just now