Changes in 126.96.36.199:
Totems were slightly nerfed and crucible difficulty increased. Yet the build with some tweaks is able to do 7 minute runs no banner.
Minimum green version: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RZRGpk0N
Old build from 188.8.131.52:
(all comments, criticisms and advice welcome)
(EDIT: build updated with some of the ideas in the comments below. Some details are different than on the one in the linked video.)
(amazing Mercymaker’s 6:18 run with a banner)
Disclaimer: This is so called “g5” build meaning it needs greens to function and it’s quite hard to assemble in legit game.
Inspiration and Credits: Some ideas were copied from veretragna’s Electric Madness build. That’s one of the best no-green totem builds. It proves that adcth can be effectively utilized by lightning casters only through devotion procs. Also, credits to mad_lee for pointing me in the right direction regarding devotions.
Concept and Gameplay: This build revolves around the idea of keeping 5 Storm Totems up at all time. Light’s Defender and some green affixes allow for a lot of tankiness (for a caster). Basically, you turtle up in the seal and smash at the buttons like a madman, trying to slowly move to where the mobs are thickest. Only some nemeses combos - heavy phys hitters like Reaper, Kuba, Grava and to lesser extent Maiden - can hurt and force to leave the foxhole (as can be seen in 170 in the video).
(EDIT: some information removed as it was proved incorrect in the comments below)
- full Light’s Defender set - core. Dread Mask of Gulgoth isn’t worth it.
- Stormstrife - can be replaced by Rune of Elgoloth or the Electrolis gun for more RR at the cost of one totem, oa and % lighting. BiS would be probably Thunderstruck/Runecaster’s Ugdenbog Strormstrife of Torrents but anything with high %lighting is good here.
- Groble Sky Effigy - core. Sandstorm prefix is quite vital as LD has no phys res. BiS would be of Rituals/Torrents.
- Conduit of the Wild Whispers - core. Best res affix would be acid.
- Boots - using random SG here. BiS would be Formidable of Kings.
- Belt - I was split between Arcanoweave and Scales of Beronath. Both are good.
- Medal - I think this Wendigo Eye here is pretty good here. BiS: Thunderstuck/Tempest of the Dranghoul. Due to lack of good medals for lightning the only non-green option is Tempest Sigil.
- Pants - I settled for Barbaros due to lack of oa and phys res. Tranquil Mind comes to mind but non-spamming casters are not desperate for slow res. However, it could allow to wear Ignaffar relic which might be a superior option.
- Rings - Kephlat’Zoths sadly give nothing except dmg. After some testing I settled on double Sky Seals for oa/da and maxed Box. Time-Flux isn’t needed here as slow res isn’t that crucial and it’s already ok.
Thanks for reading and in advance for your comments. Also, this is my first real build post so excuse me if there are errors. All feedback more than welcome