[1.0.6.1] Carrot Tank - Markovian S&B Witchblade, Gladiator farmer (12 minutes)

Zantarin is easy but not having your best proc go against him is time loss, unless he already summoned his children before you engage him.

Alex does ‘spawn alone’ unless you like being ganged by 4 nemeses. Terrnox/Valaxteria/MQ, I agree missed that part. Anasteria/Theodin on 169 isn’t exactly a swarm wave so the efficiency of empyrion still isn’t maximized in that wave even if you tank all of them.

What? 0_o

I play MC too with this build, it’s not enough mana even with Harp sometimes. If one plays only Crucible, drop Harp and get Arcane Spark, you’re absolutely right.

No.

New revision and new test. More hammers, more trauma, more damage, still unkillable.
This is one I really like.

Yes, quite a bit more dmg can be obtained. Don’t get me wrong. This is after all my favorite set in the game since loooong ago and i’ve tried it so many ways…i may be obsessed with it… It can do a lot more dmg. No FG shenanigans like new devotions or runes in what I said. But when FG comes I may be able to share more.

Well, I did a test. With this setup it has better clear times than with this, and the only explanation I found is Empyrion.
Any other explanations? :slight_smile:

It can do more damage > right now < ? Share your thoughts please. Or gt link, if possible.
About FG: I’m sure good old Markovian will receive a buff there. But until that I’ll stay on this setup.

I think you will gain moar dmg if you swap Hauted steel with seal of blade and hand component with 3%ADCTH skull.
I think there is a room for improvement in jewelry/devotions.

I use 3% lifesteal skull only, for example:) And a second seal of might for starters.

If your dmg is high enough, you won’t need as much lifesteal to compensate for the lower dmg to survive

Yeah, i think ghoul is not a good option here. Will do some math when i return home :stuck_out_tongue:

Without Haunted Steel I’ll be forced to take Ghoul and drop Shieldmaiden or Harp. Nope.
Attack speed of this build is already not stellar and you suggest to drop another 5%. Nope.

Jewelry can be replaced with what? Black Matriarch is necessary, Entropic Coil provides 17-30 flat phys (7-20 chaos and +2 to Solael Witchflame = 10 chaos) and proc with nice phys/trauma, Mark of the Dreadblade provides 11-13 aether (3 phys via Seal of Might), total speed and +2 to Cadence.
Blackwatch Seal + Markovian’s Stratagem = same Cadence bonus, phys damage bonus, less total speed, more shield block stats.

I’m not trying to be a dick, I’m trying to understand your position.

Absolutely, but

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and ask: But at what cost?
If big dick “Proc Buffs: On” is what you’re aiming for, Blood Sigil of Ch’Thon (non-mythical) is worth looking into for Beronath users. Also Haunted Steel hurts the build’s damage screen numbers due to conversion. Just swapping those two and overcapping Olreon’s Rage and Fighting Spirit results in 18.7k. Swap in physical augments and you start breaking 19k. But now you’re giving up Haunted Steel and really want to run Ghoul. This doesn’t fit if you want big dick damage.

And then it becomes an issue of how much of that damage actually adds to your DPS. Oleron’s Rage might inflate the damage screen, but that’s trauma damage, and DoTs are finicky with actual DPS. Same goes for Oleron devotion’s head node, adding about 1k, but that’s just trauma.

On top of that, building for character menu numbers has always proven to yield poor performance when you can’t actually apply the damage in a reasonable fashion (see: Aether Ray’s amazing 250k+ DPS!! being complete garbage in practice). Entropic Coil for example has an awesome proc, but Voidwhisper Band inflates your meme numbers even higher. And if you really want to push it, throw in the Hellhound. Impractical, sure, but number inflation.

I’d personally be more concerned with 150-170 (+spawn) clear time and success rate than meme numbers. For comparison, 5 minute clear times on 3.8k OA spellbinders can be cute, but I’d rather stick to 9 minutes without risking to lose my HC character from dying to a single misstep.
I do think Blood Sigil has potential though if the set’s cdr properly applies to it.

Just try Guardian Gaze+Fiend+Anvill combo ::wink: gaze on plague fiend on CoF. Once shit start flying around you get constant sustain from ADCTH. Cap DA cause its so easy with such build. Drop excessive defense etc.

at the cost of obliterating crucible in under 9 min easy:p

Ah, I forgot about this brilliant idea! Will try it

Sounds like I need to handle it and return to my old build concept. Prepare the room in compendium for Markovian range warder build. :wink:

Yes, sir! :slight_smile:

With full procs, the Empyrion version has better attack speed (while having similar stats elsewhere) than the Oleron set. Maybe that’s why. Also add the fact that it’s tankier than the Oleron setup so you’re not worried about anything at all. Maybe that’s why. Still not convinced that Empyrion proc > Blind Fury individually, but overall, yeah maybe it’s better.

anyways, you could use pox on the Empyrion setup to proc Assassin’s mark and put Bull Rush to Cadence for extra procs.

I just wanted to drop that extra button for max IDGAF rate of this build :smiley:

@veteragna

So isn’t the spec I made the optimal one? I thought it was faster than your initial one and also super safe. Why is there still such a huge discussion? :slight_smile:

I doubt Markovian WB can do 9 minute runs, unless you let go of all that tankiness.

Hm. What’s the point? I included your one as alternative immediately and added your video to OP.
Now I plan to test this one, I think it should work similarly. I ran a quick test on lunch and it looks promising.

Okay, so I run some numbers :stuck_out_tongue:
1)Bull rush bound to Blitz is useless waste of points. The dmg output is so low its not worth to pick it. The best T1 devotion for this build is Fiend. You convers all of it to phyz and you can bind it to literally anything CoF, plague, etc. Nodes on both devotion are equaly worthless for you.
2)If you run Empirion there is no reason to invest intro War cry more that one pointer.
3)Best augments for head and chest are sanctified bones. They rock.
4)max Olreon rage. Internet trauma do it dirty job.
5)Blood of dread! I hope you pick it for healing, cause OA on this build scale so bad its not worth our time.
6)Guardian gaze is useless on this build, as it don’t work at all due to armor. =(