[1.0.6.1] Darkblaze Pyro showcase - 9:30 170 clear unbannered

My first ever character is a pyro gunslinger as well,thank you for making this build ,this pyro hold a special place in my heart as well.
Excuse my poor english as i am chinese. :stuck_out_tongue:
Also I would like to ask if the darkblaze head fire convert to chaos to fire strike work on explosive strike as well as I am not sure about it.

I’m also chinese. :stuck_out_tongue:

I would type in mandarin, but I’m too lazy to switch keyboards.

No - it won’t convert the damage on explosive strike. Burn damage cannot be converted to chaos damage, only flat fire damage can.

(Same thing with elemental --> pierce conversion. Cold damage will be converted to pierce, but frostburn will not)

Hi,

I’m not Darkblaze expert but have you considered something like this?

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/qNYD307Z

Pros:

1. Cheaper chest
  2. 1K more raw dmg so dps should be quite a bit higher. Even if you do use entropy dmg should still be higher due to torrent+gaze as bellow
  3. Has great slow res
  4. Most importantly Torrent + Guardian Gaze. I think not using guardian gaze is a missed opportunity for this build. You will lifesteal with both torrent and Guardian gaze so you should be set.

Cons:

• minus 1K HP
  • No Empyrion I guess. But you shouldn’t need it with torrent and eyes all around you
  • No maxed armor absorb but that can be easily fixed if you think it’s relevant on this build

I will have to test it. In my experience with fiend - the pyro is too squishy to stay in close proximity brawls for extended periods of time.

Constant repositioning means that you can’t effectively milk out every drop of DPS on what would seem like the perfect celestial power.

I do wonder if the combination of fiend + dreeg’s gaze will provide enough DPS to avoid that. It’s a really good suggestion fluff, thanks!

1. Chest piece is definitely viable IMO. I don’t think this build wants for HP. I’ll create a subsection of itemization over this weekend probably.

2. Ring - On average, the voidwhisper gives 18 flat damage, and the entropic coil gives 13. I think it’s a very close call depending on resists and stuff.

I personally prefer constant damage rather than a buff, but I can see how this proc can essentially give you a mini deadly aim of sorts.

What do you think of divinesteel hauberk fluff?

I thought of it. Could be good. The build is just so skill hungry. Hurts that you can’t max second rite or static strike.

If FG doesn’t provide somthing better Divinesteel could be really good in SR.

As for fiend. If the damage is good enough with the setup up there, fiend+gaze, you should be able to tanks enough to dispatch a nemesis fast.

I’m just imagining here. If I were to try Darkblaze, which I haven’t, what I posted above would probably be my first attempt and see how it goes.

Was a bit surprised that Hysteria ring has less raw dmg than Entropic coil but there you go. % conversion mods and global % conversion don’t go so well together. However, you can check in game the DPS as grim calc does not show the FS conversion mod so the flat fire on it could be put to good use in game and you have some extra conversion

A little confused as to why we’d need to get more fire to chaos conversion.

Wouldn’t we have >100% fire to chaos conversion all our attacks as it is?

70% fire to chaos to BWC from blood sigil, + helm and voidheart = More than 100% AFAIK

100% fire to chaos conversion to FS with just helm + medal alone.

Watched the vid and daaamn that WPS animation is sick.

Forgot about the medal tbh:)

But global conversion and spcific mods are multiplicative not additive. And now I’m not sure about how 2x specific mods interract in this case medal+ darkblaze.

If in game you have no fire dmg in your stat screen then it’s additive. Idk cause i haven’t tried. Either way Hysteria is not a great choice since you have the medal mod

Torrent on this build rocks, imo. I was using it from the start and never regretted picking it. There are some Bosses and Nemesis which will close quarters pretty quickly.
Torrent shines in those situations. Guardian Gaze isn’t something I considered though.

I did try torrent a bajillion times. Really wanted to like it.

But the overall nodes in bat are a lot better, and maybe it’s my lack of confidence in my toon/piloting skills, but I try not to overstay my welcome too much.

You can see the amount of stutter-stepping I do in the video. And that really limits the offensive potential of an incredible devotion.

I guess I could try to respec my ulzuin pyro and give it a go cause i’m curious and never tried this pretty set. But I don’t miss the lag at all:D

Do it, you won’t be disappointed. :slight_smile:

Still no new hardware in your rick? I can’t imagine it to be worse with this build than with some caster builds though.

Recording+Fire builds are pretty horrible. The worst to far was the summoner build i posted. All of them lag bad with 1:30 to 2 min penalty while recording but that one took the cake.

I’m buying some modest pieces soon(2-3 weeks). Pretty cheap lowish end but certainly light years ahead of what I have.

A MB, CPU, Memory, and HD. Should be able to keep it all within 300$ (255 E)

Yah you a pussy :stuck_out_tongue: you should try to be more aggressive in your gameplay :stuck_out_tongue: You’ll die more but it’s more satisfying.

Yah you a pussy

Can’t argue that. :rolleyes:

Basically, this is how I try to play. Rope-a-dope dem fools:

EDIT: Though it probably ends up like this:

Well, at least there is not much fire going on with this. No Volcanoes, Meteors, etc. :smiley:

SSD, RAM and CPU will help a lot, at least it did for me a few months back.

Your videos were looking good already:D

But yeah it’s cpu i’m most interested in and i’ve settled for a ryzen 5

That’s because my settings are low to medium. :smiley: My GPU is 8 years old and has a hard time recording and playing the same time. I am upgrading later this year. :slight_smile:

Ryzen 5 should be plenty enough of power, at least for GD.

Sorry for the OT sir spanksalot.

Have you considered testing M C of Barbaros in your alternatives todo list?

-bit more of a min/max playstyle and potentially a tiny bit more squishy 33+% of the time…but even without the proc, the extra ~140 OA might crit more often over the course of the battle (slightly higher average damage due to crit% influence, may trigger voidH’s proc more often, etc.)

It’s hard to say upfront: the damage numbers might be fairly consistent with the current- depending on playstyle. You’d also lose a small bit of cof duration/radius.

Might be pitha juggling 20+ overcap %vit resist, though, if that is essential.

@jargermeister: lmao. Chat away mate!

@hammyham: 22/12 solaels is a must unfortunately. Damage is too big to give up on