[1.0.6.1] Guardian of Death's Gates - Ritualist Skelletal Master 150-170 in 10 min(no lag)

YOU’RE NOT THE BEST. :stuck_out_tongue:

Jokes aside - how is Giant’s blood in this build? I personally find it very lack luster.

I wanna beeee the very best… Like no one ever was… Oh shit when was the last time I watched pokemon.

Actually JayNyne and Snazzblaster are the oldest pet build posters. Avatar of Dreeg was one of the first to make use of pet conversions to my knowledge (the most popular pet concept)
DaShiv joined late but contributed a lot to the pet build side by providing detailed explanations regarding pet mechanics (things that were earlier unavailable to most)
DaShiv also popularized pet builds since after Avatar of Dreeg went inactive a top tier pet build wasn’t seen on the forums until DaShiv posted his guide. We briefly had ABC post his Conjurer but that got nerfed for killing Mog in 3 minutes :smiley:

Now we have TPOM making creative pet builds and now Fluff has joined the mix

When did this become a contest jokes and all?:eek: As a melee player at heart I could not have done these builds (including Druid who was an intro for me to learn) without previous dedicated summoners(especially ABC’s friend with the conjurer and Shiv). It’s like a game within a game with summoners. This explains why veteran summoners are good at the game without having to play many other build types melee/casters to better understand the game, basically everything else that is on the forum. It also requires your maximum attention like no other builds

I also have to pay my respect in the build to summoners in general who attempt crucible. It can be a traumatic experience unless you really like running in wide circles, which in my personal opinion does summoners no justice and they need some attention in FG. This is why I wanted a Full face tank summoner that also does crucible in at least 10 min. Grava can Decimate your summons if non Necro. This build counters his initial onslaught by summoning lots of pets at a time and being able to tank him, taking him out early (seen at wave 165) but for many summoners he is insane. 120K hp Briars with 45% phys res and ovecapped resistances die in 1 sec vs Aleks shotgun, losing their blessings (the pets who need to keep them on the most and so their fortitude is rendered null on non necro Beastcaller summoners). Again Necro doesn’t care with his expendable Skelles

Summoners need attention. Getting 2800 DA is an absolute Bitch!. Summoner gear neds more DA all across. They also need some different survival mechanics included. As far as i’m concerned it’s RE+Bat or running around when the shit hits the fan. And i have Swarm life steal too on top of that. It’s not Fair to non Necro summoners.

And lastly more + skills. The duality of these builds in balancing both your resistances and those of your pets, your DA when it’s so hard to get, and skills that need to augment your pets (which are so costly) and skills that affect you so that you can survive means that you are more strained than other builds. I can’t for example, Put points in Briar, I barely keep Emboldening Roar at lvl 12 ( which is not worht overcapping). You get your main shit then scavenge everything else.

Anyway, I added Giant’s Blood cause People kinda freak out when they see DG and negative Regen. Personally I’ve done crucible with this build without giant as well. One can take hawk or something

Hopefully the 5 or so Feedback threads I put up about better improving pet builds continues to get attention. If people continue to point out things that the dev team can pay attention to, it can certainly help pet builds reach the echelon that other casters / tanks can reach effortlessly. Pet builds can definitely get some help getting enough Resistances for both players and pets, you and sneaky parrot have really emphasized how important it is to keep your pets’ resistances as high as possible. It wasn’t that much a factor pre-AoM, but it’s an absolutely necessity now.

I’m the same way in wanting to be able to run Crucible without having to run in large circles and not actually do anything, but my builds can’t beat it nearly as well as you can. This is truly amazing stuff, Superfluff.

Finally a gladiator pet-master. Well done!
I took a quick look at the grimtools and I’m curious: what was the main reason to take Ritualist instead of Cabalist? Emboldening Presence for phys resistance?
>UPD: Blood of Dreeg provides the same phys res.
Still don’t understand

Massive Vit RR. Swarm, while less comfortable than vulnerability has 30% more rr than Vulnerability and some extra lifesteal. You can argue that Cof also has some phys RR for the remaining phys dmg. The build has 120 vit RR without ring procs or Rattosh thus capitalizing best on all the phsy>vit conversion and flat vit. As a bonus you get Primal Spirit 85% uptime with Helm mods and TD that has 55% of all that massive base phys dmg converted to vitality. The rings and helm are in Really good synergy with the class combo. You also have 7.3 sec MoT or more with the helm making you extremely durable in nasty waves

Funnily enough, the blue Coruptor set is really strong for ritualist but needs a legendary version and Master of Death instead of PRimal bond. It makes no sense since it’s a vitality pet set.

Thank you :).

But even if it face tanks the build requires your full attention and you are casting all over your keyboard all the time, there is no other way for any summoner. You cannot play lazy and effective with them no matter the build(I know you already know this, just laying it out there for other readers). You do everything an end game summoner would do, just no running around

Thanks for explanations! It’s much clearer now.

Hi Fluff

Amazing work. I have played and watched many cabalists and conjureres but this build just rocks and it’s #1 for me to play now.

1 question however, have you tried primal instinct? Don’t you think it could work better for this build?

Regards

Thanks, glad you like.

Yes primal instinct is amazing and i mention it. I lag more than usual as a summoner and 5-6 more pets just adds to that for me. So I chose Bysmiel that puts all your army into overdrive for 8 seconds and mess up a nemesis fast. Same in campaign in single boss fights.

But Instict is by no means inferior. You will have ~25-26 pets. Don;t forget to do Reap Spirit at lvl 17 in campaign cause you get 2x

I am a big fan of primal instinct and lag is not a problem for me so I think I will go for that

Can you explain that for me? I don’t think I understand.

I keep spirit at 1 pt + skills from gear in crucible to max other defenses. But you can put a few more points in it to get it to lvl 17 where you can summon 2x spirits.

With TD proc you get 2x spirits instantly along with refreshing your other spells

I see now, thanks! I think I can take few points from MoT and Decay and put them there :wink:

Also, if you are not willing to use PI, how about Mogdrogen’s Ardor? I solid offensive/defensive choice in my opinion. And also no additional pets to lag.

And Primal Bond not worth a 1 point?

Regards

Mog ardor had by far the worst results for me(and I’ve tested this build a lot).

1. Chaos/Aether res are high enough

2. Armor is crap on Skellies anyway and 15% is a drop in the ocean compared to will of the crypt. Briar is more for support and Primal Spirit survives fine.

3. Offensively it’s mediocre compared to Bysmiel, Instinct and even Dirge cause that summon hits almost as hard ans Primal Spirit and has AoE too

Primal Bond is an Exclusive skill and so is Master of Death, thus mutually exclusive:p One or the other. Master of Death cause it has vonversion

Thanks for your time Fluff :wink:

I will go for PI as mentioned becouse I like to have many pets and it as good (if not better) as Bysamel.

Regards

Is this build viable to level with? I am currently 64, and like the concept of this, but wonder how gear dependent it is.

Leveling with Summoner’s is always viable.

I’m currently 72 or so with this build, here’s a link to somewhat what you can do around that, obviously moving things around depending on your +skills. Devotions included, sort of guestimating on what you might have. I’d get Rattosh before going for Typhos, that’s what I did. Behemoth and Bat help you out with some self healing.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/wV1P9vY2

I was not worrying too much about overcapping, and respeccing to spread points out when I got gear that allowed me to. If I was home I’d pull my save and upload that grim tool link.

Usually just grab any gear you can with +pet damage and stats. Rovers has chest/shoulder, coven has helm/shoulder, black legion has some rings, etc. 68 gets you access to the Beastcaller regalia or something, but it’s more occ/shaman focused. Using it for now myself.

Thanks for that! I will give swap stuff over when I hop back on. I am already playing as a summoner just occ instead of sham, but I just bought this game when steam had that summer sale I think last week, and wasnt sure about how gear dependent it was. I had read other places you build your spec around the gear that drops in this game. So far I can see that lol.

Anyway, Thanks again for the help!

Edit: Well damn! I thought if I removed all my points in occultist I would be able to change it to shaman. Guess there is no way to reset a class?

Nerp. That’s why I am remaking classes >_>

Very original for a ritualist to play a PET build!

Only wished that 170 video could be more presentable or more usual of the quality of the character.