[1.0.6.1] Impaler - DW Pierce Cadence Blademaster, Gladiator farmer (under 11 minutes)

Take Assassin’s Blade first, then Assassin and Blades of Nadaan, then everything else

ok thank you, i saw the thing !

Hey love this build too!

I tried to incorporate the cadence interaction with WPSes found in this build: http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78770 with your build since I like how tanky your version is. Came up with something like this:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/bVAWPe4N

Overall dropped a little damage on ring of steel (like 40% Weapon damage) but I feel like I increased my auto attack damage A LOT. Have you tried this approach?

I always thought that if you have Cadence you don’t need any WPS except execution probably. Will try it

Def worth trying! I decided to try it with this build because I don’t have any full sets yet. Here is the part of the forum guide I linked that I was referring to:

"Why cadence with full WPS? Isn’t it DPS lost? Contrary with the popular belief, it will actually quicken the cadence charges and increase the cadence frequency. This is because WPS that deal with both hands (don’t know with single hand) can coincide with cadence in the third strike. When this happen, one of the hand damage is replaced by cadence strike while the other do the WPS damage, ALSO it gives you a free single charge, thus you only need one more attack to charge cadence. 100% WPS ensures this to happen 100% of the time. Refer to the thread link above for video proof.
"

Basicly using dual wield WPSes you can trigger cadence every 2nd swing instead of 3rd!

I couldn’t believe it at first so I tested it some time ago. It is true. WPS and Cadence work beautifully and it’s time to think of reworking all DW Cadence builds in the light of this revelation.

There’s a slight problem that you can only achieve 72 true DW WPS chance on non-Belgothian pierce BM (BS, WB, Exec, Direwolf proc) (EDIT: that plus 1/3 of the remaining 28% = 9.(3)%.) AQC acts weird with Cadence (I don’t really know how exactly - some more testing is required) and Markovian Advantage hits with one hand despite the description (same as Cadence).

I used to think that this build will be better as tactician, but after knowing how cadence “truly” interact with DW WPS, then blademaster is better (offensively).

All Nightblade wps should hit with both hands and quicken cadence charging. I think x1x2 tested himself with AQC and Execution.
MA should also works with both hands too, only ZT doesnt work with DW melee. For some reason, ZT shows both hands only from DW ranged, but I think it’s still not gives free charge.

I tested this will all blademaster’s WPS maxed (except Zoltan and Whirling Blades) plus Direwolf Crest (97% total chance) and Cadence was being quickened 3-4 times out of 5.

There seems to be some factor that makes the results not consistent.
I tested this interaction too in my ranged discord cadence tactician. It supposedly has 100% wps, all both hands, but there is some instance that it doesnt give a free charge. Check the video in my thread:
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78939

Maybe you can figure somethings out.

Yes, good build (for an inquisitor ;)). I read it before and found the Cadence thing very intriguing (not intriguing enough to drop Belgothian though… :D).

Your results might stem from the fact that Chilling Rounds has the same being-wierd-with-Cadence problem as Amarasta’s Quick Cut. Or maybe devs thought, hey that dw cadence too op let’s rig it! :smiley: Also, I’m mostly sure that MA isn’t auto-DW unless used over Belgothian Strikes.

Anyways, IMO 80% quickened Cadence is still worth investing in WPS at least to the point of their max proc chance. BTW, have you tested how Cadence quickening looks like with all naked DW attacks? 33%?

Belgothian is indeed still stronger, but I like the fact that cadence is more flexible for other damage type. Proven by Vere that make multiple cadence build with different damage type… :wink:

You mean the animation? Cadence will take the same attack animation as the WPS. And what do you mean by 33%?

No, sorry, I didn’t explain it right. I was asking about the chance to supercharge Cadence with and without WPS.

So instead of asking I decided to test it just now and the results are confusing:

• 0% WPS - Cadence procced of the second hit 45% of the time
  • 92% WPS (all nighblade’s WPS at 20% and Direwolf Crest’s proc at 12%) - Cadence procced of the second hit 56% of the time

I started testing with 25% of Markovian Advantage on top of that but gave up as it was going pretty much 50/50 too. I don’t really know what it means. Maybe I didn’t test enough samples and it’s just variance. But it seems Cadence dropping off the second hit is a dualwielding thing and has nothing to do with WPS.

Without WPS, cadence will double charge if you hit with both hands, which is 50% chance between cadence hit.

Try 100% WPS then, use seal of void if you need.

PS: I don’t want to hijack vere thread more than this, so we should continue by PM…

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Cadence interaction with WPS was changed in early beta. B31, IRC, cause before every hit counted as charge, so blademaster with 100% WPS Cadenced every second hit. :rolleyes: Did Crete reverted the change?

This is definitely so far the most favorite BM build
very featured!

No MI requirements which means newbie friendly, though much harder to forge comparing to those MI builds.

Thanks alot! I appreciate this :slight_smile:

Good luck finding the items for this build :slight_smile:

thank you for this nice build. I started fresh last week, and just got to level 94.

I’m still missing a couple of the legendaries, what would you say is the best way to get them (weapons and rings mainly)?

I guess I could start Crucible farming, see how far I get with what I have.
I have about 3 mio gold, I could go to the Ancient Grove quite a lot of times and look for recipes.
I have played a lot in the past, and I have > 100 of each Blood/Heart/Brain, is it worth visiting the smith in the Hold?

edit: two ancient groves. One was not a single new recipe, one was two level 75 sets, AND all the paths were blocked apart from the one through the aetherial mini-melee, which was quite exhilarating, first time ever doing it, and on Ultimate.
I tried nemesis hunting, the Beast nemesis is an arsehole, Valdeeran is super-easy to facetank and kill, but involves a lot of running, and I have not done Port Valbury on Ultimate yet. He only dropped one recipe the one time I found him so far. I’m almost done with Nemesis to Chtonics.
Funnily enough, one of the two rings on the build popped out of one of the two small chests in the Coven’s Refuge.

can you tell me how did you start with devotions how did you build them

Hi!
I recommend the following order:

1. Assassin’s Blade, Panther, Hammer;
  2. Assassin, Crab, Blades of Nadaan, remove Hammer;
  3. Ghoul, Hawk, Eel, Ulo, Solemn Watcher, Ishtak.

After completing Assassin’s Blade, Ghoul and Hawk you’ll have unused Crossroads nodes, remove them at the Spirit guide. And to take Ishtak you’ll have to take Blue crossroads node.

OP updated.