[1.0.6.1] Impaler - DW Pierce Cadence Blademaster, Gladiator farmer (under 11 minutes)

Just looked at it. Hmm. What I think went wrong there:

1. You blitz into her RR shotgun - that chunked you to 50%
  2. You didn’t use warcry - no dmg reduction
  3. EDIT: Sorry. Not devastation. She shotgunned you again. It did about 30% of your hp as damage which is understandable because of her RR.

Also, IMO, in a situation like that - you shouldn’t run.

I say that because it’s easier for you to recover from that damage since you have ghoul up and running.

Running away, especially with pots and heals on CD, is almost always more dangerous when you’re that low.

I thought she won’t use that TSS again in next 4 seconds. Well, that was a good lesson! :smiley:
Edit: I wished to wait a few seconds to give Ishtak some recovery. Ghoul was ready too, it procced after Anasteria’s last blow, it wasn’t running

Ok. I think even that backing off for that 1-2s could’ve led to a death if she had devastation. Faster to just hit her.

Sometimes you just need to believe in your DPS.

Yes, that’s my trouble sometimes.
I need to watch the situation carefully, because on wave 161 for example, if I lose 40% hp, Aleks can oneshot me taking remaining 60%. Big hairy balls don’t save from such shit. In summary: the strategy is highly situational.

That’s very true too. That’s why I hate annie. And mous.

Annie and mous are the worst. I would rather fight 3 reapers than annie and mous together.

That’s why I always mention Annie and Aleks in my guides. They are dangerous and unpredictable. However, Aleks can be trivialized by arks and timing the runs, while Annie just uses her beast TSS whenever she wants

I watched the fresh video once more and realized that Trauma ticks are very decent in this build. Up to 100k ticks on Aleks.
Edit: and 130k on Reaper.
Should I call this build a hybrid Pierce/Trauma? :smiley:

Could it also be bleed? 12/12 CoS + 12/12 fighting form?

I have much more Trauma damage: Cadence and DM, but also Doomforce and Ground Smash, physical RR from Assassin’s Blade, Break Morale and Bladetwister signet.
And I have no bleed RR on this char except for steroided RoS, bleed impact here is negligible.
So, I’m pretty sure it’s trauma

Ok. You’re probably right. I was looking at tooltip damage so my guess is just a guess. :rolleyes:

nice build, veretragna. i got a few questions - not trying to criticize, just figuring stuff out:

1. why the last node in ghoul (left leg)? wouldnt 5% health be better?
  2. why break morale? for cadence’s trauma?
  3. why even go for full pierce if you have ~1150% to both pierce and phys and RR both at roughly same levels (with that break morale)?
  4. why bind ulo to markovian advantage? isnt that a skill you wanna utilize at the precisely right time?
  5. that doomforce shockwave looks interesting. would you recommend it for a classic wps belgothian build instead of belgothian carnage?

thanks in advance

Hi!

1. Probably 5% hp are better. I took the Ghoul’s leg for no reason.
  2. Break Morale have built-in skill disruption. Helps greatly against exploding enemies and Reaper ghosts, they do not reduce your resistances upon death. Other effects of Break Morale are side effects.
  3. ~1150? Wrong numbers. I have around 2000% Pierce under all buffs. Same about RR: my calculations show that I have ~100% Pierce RR, more than Blademaster can expect ever (31% Night’s Chill, 32% Assassin’s Blade, 18 steroided RoS, 20% ring and amulet).
  4. I just need white+blue points and nice resistances from Ulo. I don’t care about Ulo proc.
  5. Yes, I think even for dual wield Belgothian build Doom is better: it has vitality resistance, attack speed, armor bonus, more flat damage and great AoE proc. It is also better damage-wise, you achieve better numbers of Weapon damage with Doom.

Thanks for your reply. And sorry - I forgot about the buffs (took the numbers straight from grimtools) and the RR from jewelry. About that skill disruption thing from break morale, I thought the more powerful enemies are totally resistant to that, isn’t that true?

Yes, I can’t debuff strong enemies, I have to deal with them by power of my weapons anyway. But these Reaper ghosts can drop my physical and elemental resistances to 0 since their RR can be stacked: one missed pack of ghosts and you’re dead.
Deal with Reaper and don’t allow his minions to make you vulnerable.
Same for any explosive enemies except Harbingers.

Hello.

I m new at this game and i m interested on your build. I began it and i m lvl 25 now. But i have a little problem : i m stuck with devotion cause i put 1 point in Crossroads and completed Eel. But i can’t pick anything that you put in grimtools devotion now.

How can i do this ?

Thank you !

Hello!
Thank you for being interested in this build.
The devotion system is self-supporting. You can take the Order node, take Assassin’s Blade and buy Order node back at the Spirit guide.
Assassin’s Blade requires 1 white point and provide 2 white points, so you don’t need white node after Assassin’s Blade is complete; now it supports itself.
Same for other constellations in this game. Some constellations might require temporary constellations to be bought and rolled back after you complete desired one.
Hope this helps

Thank you, i will try it.

And what are your advice for the build/stuff to do when i m leveling ? for now, i m going full damage and a little tankiness and i can kill every boss quickly but my life is… fiou, sometimes really going down fast and i have to run and come back sometimes. Potions and Pneumatic are often needed but it s cool to play like this without many death.

Do you think it s better to be a little tanky as well, balanced, full damage ?

Thank you for your build man, it s really a pleasure to play it !

Keep your resistances at 80%, buy rings/medals with multiple resistances and that’s it.
On Normal/veteran difficulty it’s possible to die if you don’t have enough resistances, especially to poison/acid

Thank you very much.

And what do you mean by “Order note” for Devotion ? It s the white on the central Crossroads ? Or one of the constellations (that i dont find hehe) ?