[1.0.6.1] SkeleFamiliar Witching Hour Cabalist - 6:06 Gladiator 151-170 (with banner + 4 buffs)

i’m missing the chest, damn. Also only got non mythical boots.

Don’t have mythical fiendflesh mantle either. I fear i’ll be way to squishy.

The non-mythical boots should be fine while you farm tbh. For the chest you could try anything with pet bonuses. I don’t know if you use GD Item Assistant or not, but I do purely for the extended stash, and a quick look through my items filtered on pet bonuses and there’s the Corruptor’s Robe and the mythical version and even some green items with Ritualist’s prefix that might see you through farming.

I backed up my save folder before trying this build, and have since deleted it because this build is so good, and I still have placeholders for chest and shoulders :confused: I’m trying not to farm too much because it drains me after a while, but they’ll drop…one day.

I don’t use any mods, just normal game/legit.

I have mythical beastcaller and mythical fiendmaster raiment as options for chest. Just means I run with one less skeleton.

I’m L90 now pretty close to been able to equip everything, I have a question about the familars, how much of this build is raven lightning damage? And does having 2 ravens give you double lightning strikes? As i noticed you don’t get double elemental spirit buff. Is Widow mastery an option here?

Another thing i noticed is eldritch fire is better placed on double ravens, procs way more than fiend imo.

OK i have everything but chest now, but man this is strong. Farmed lokarr for the leveling gear(full set) Then just stomped gladiator with extra spawn. Easily the strongest character I have, in relatively easy to gather gear. ( no full set, mi’s etc… )

Hey I just came back to the game and I am level 75 Cabalist. Back when I started I ran the The Night King (DaShiv) build and I came across this build you made… My question is what can I can I do at this point because I don’t want to start fresh until the new FG xpac comes out with the new class. Right now I am in act 2 Elite so I obviously don’t have the gear required. It seems I can still do okay through regular mobs but when I come across Bosses the skeletons, hellbound, and familiar die easy.

If you post a link showing your gear, skills, and devotions I can offer some advice. Unless you’re severely under-leveled, you should be able to breeze through Elite, at least up until the AoM areas without much trouble.

Abit off topic but do you consider this to be your strongest pet build sigatrev?

No, I think the chaos variant of the similar conjurer is more powerful, even the non-supercharged variant. The Cabalist is probably a little faster in the campaign due to having more pets to 1-shot trash mobs, but in the Crucible and against most bosses I think the Conjurer is better. It’s at least as powerful with high sustainability.

Ok thx. Good thing I levelled a conjured then :slight_smile:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/pZrqey3V

Focus your gear on skill bonuses for skeletons for now.

Kill Kreig until he drops this and use that as your weapon until you get something else with more impactful skill bonuses.

Try to find rings, medal, and belt with +1 skeleton.

If you can manage to kill Kra’vall in act 5 of normal mode, use Kra’vall Shoulderpads until you get something better like Mantle of the Patron.

Max your reputation with Rover’s by killing undead (farming the Steps of Torment is great for this) and buy the Mogdrogen’s Blessing augment on your rings and amulet.

Use a relic. At your level with your equipment, order of preference would be Primal Instinct, Dirge of Akrovia, Bysmiel’s Domination, Ancestor, Mortality Deathchill, Guile. Even the low end of those will be useful pretty useful.

Try something more like this for your devotion setup. Bind Flame Torrent the Skeletons.

If you still need more power, the vendor in the Ancient Grove in Act 5 sells recipes for Legendary equipment in the level ~50-75 range. He can sell the recipe for the non-mythical Beastcaller’s Cowl, and I think he can sell the recipe for the non-mythical Voidmancer’s Coil. Both are worth getting if you can. He sells the same recipes on all difficulties, so you can get them on Normal difficulty.

Thanks for the reply. I farmed Wardens Judgement and changed the Devotions as far as I could to your posting. Unfortunately I cannot craft any of those relics you posted… What about Skills what should they look like at level 75?

The skill breakdown doesn’t look too far off what I’d use at that level. The only thing I’d mention is that, with a few exceptions, in Grim Dawn you generally want to do one of three things with skills. Place a single point, soft cap, or overcap as much as possible. There are a couple of Occultist skills where you have 2 or 3 points. I’d generally recommend not putting more than 1 point into a skill until you’re ready to invest fully. With where you are, I’d recommend getting Aspect of the Guardian to 12/12, particularly before you get to Act 5 in Elite. It adds a ton of acid & poison resist that effects both you and your pets, so it will make Act 5 much much less painful. It also adds Physical resist which will help everywhere.

If you can’t craft any of the relics I suggested, try for Hysteria. The blueprint is purchasable from either Homestead or Coven of Ugdenbog

How about that as alt tree?

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/qNYJzmX2

Trade some damage for added minion resist, DA and ADcTH.

Would’ve to switch one Eldritch Mirror for Titan Plating for pierce res as a result. IMO not worth it.

Do you think using double Voidwhisper is better if we can get the +Familiar levels elsewhere?

It actually might be better regardless. Even without making up for the +Familiar, it’d drop the maximum possible Familiar DPS slightly but things rarely live long enough for you to properly position both familiars at point-blank range to have both hitting with all 5 projectiles at once anyway. The added uptime of chaos conversion would probably be more useful.

But as you well know, there are several improvements that could be made to this build.

A lot of time has passed since the original version of this build, and I’ve learned a few things in the meantime. Of particular relevance, I’ve learned that Blizzard is amazing, and that having Familiar at 26/16 isn’t critically important on builds that have other major sources of damage. After bouncing some ideas around with Ceveth, I’ve made a few improvements.

MI-Enhanced Build
Gladiator 151-170 - 4:42 with 4 buffs + Banner

No-MI Build
Gladiator 151-170 - 5:23 with 4 buffs + Banner

I’ve updated the OP with a lot more info.

Before I prepare to sacrifice many skeletons to meteors to the face I have 2 questions:

1. How much of a difference does WotB.Tincture make for clear speed? (assuming that is the purple one on slot 6 in the vid)

2. Any Ravager/Moggy vids? I am curious how fast a pet build can take them.

Hey could you update the devotion bindings in the grimtools pls?

As far as i can see you are missing an active skill to bind to the rumor proc as CoF is bound to Time Dilation and DEE to Dying God.