[1.0.6.1] Spanks' and StrUktO's vit/cold PB reaper a.k.a look mommy I'm melting 'em!

is it a bird, is it a plane, is it a tactician?! noooooo…

here’s Spanks’ and StrUktO’s PB reaper, and I get to do the honors!

this here build may not look like much when you look at the picture, but in fact it melts bosses and nemeses like there’s no tomorrow!
of course they have no future, so that is actually right

blastf1

it makes use of the Blood Knight set and sweet sweet conversion on both it and Soulrend
ABB and BH deal a ton of damage and Ill Omen and PB top it off nicely while Soul of Nazaran, Rumor and Rattosh deal their respective RR
the result is a melting pot of two very potent damage types

check out the Grimtools Link

alternatively here’s a version by Mad_Lee using PA as a nuke and adding Oleron’s Blood as another

pro’s:

• good DPS
  • strong defense through decent ADctH
  • clears most content quite fast (Kuba took me a while… see YT section)

cons:

• not the highest stun resist
  • there are builds out there with more impressive OA/DA

reserved

Youtube evidences

reserved for future updates

All we need is to find a way to get some damn OA. :rolleyes:

And to get pb to 24 :see_no_evil:

I’m actually itching to test this guy out in the crucy. I have no idea if it’ll work. It’s me and strukto’s real first dual-damage class (barring the saboteur, of course).

scratch that itch!

Yes mum. :stuck_out_tongue:

What’s the highest damage dealt, out of curiosity?

problem is, I can’t really tell because the test toon is (a modified copy of) my former commando…
the only thing I can tell you that the damage is not above that character’s

As in, the commando out-dps’s this guy?

so far it does, yes

I double checked and it turns out I’m wrong

highest damage dealt: 335767

reaper wins

Phew. Because if a S&B commando is out damaging a 2H PB reaper…

Something’s seriously wrong with the build. :stuck_out_tongue:

That and cast speed, 170% isn’t great for a PB spam build, there’s a lot of room for more dps there. I would probably also replace the medal with a BoM to at least get the last PB projectile, that’s also a rather large dps improvement (you could even gdstash a +5 to cap it I guess).

That’s the thing about this build. It’s kinda tough to cap cast speed because soulrend doesn’t have any innate cast speed. Strukto and I are hoping that the beefed up BH will compensate for this.

BoM sounds like a great idea. I might give that a whirl in the crucy.

P.S. I really like how the NB class and the Necro class harmonizes so well together. Flat cold damage from lethal assault + flat cold/vit damage from soul harvest.

You could replace the cursebearer with another signet of the fallen, yes the proc is a bit wasted but you can trigger it twice in one cooldown, I guess. It also allows you to cap PB with a +3 badge and gets you ~10% more cast speed. Something I would try at least.

And flat vit damage to boot. That’s a great suggestion. Also, is it worth to get PB to 26/16? Because at 24/16 you get the final additional projectile.

EDIT: A rough idea - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YVWQdW7N

It’s not essential but when you’re trying to squeeze out every bit of dps, and a lethal assault/soul harvest build is trying to do that, that 2% weapon damage, times 6 projectiles, can add up I guess. The second signet idea is more to get cast speed, the skills are a bonus.

Edit: that belt change is interesting too, didn’t think of that

I just wanna gush and say how cool I find the 45% phys to cold conversion is paired with a 35% phys to vit conversion?

Thematically speaking, this is just such an awesome build.