[1.0.6.1] The Tainted Belgothian - DW Pierce WPS Reaper with 75 cunning

Big thanks to Superfluff for his mega belgothian thread.

The Build

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/w26w1r0V
Screenshot with all permanent buff + Pneumatic Burst, Soul Harvest.
DPS shown is belgothian’s strikes.

Build Feature

• DW melee, Fast Killer
  • Auto-Attack Build with 100% WPS, fluid gameplay
  • Only Few keys to press
  • 71% damage to Human. Eat Iron Maiden, Fabius, and Aleksander for breakfast
  • Basically everything… :cry:
  • Berserker build, kill before being killed

Build Overview
I like nightblade, I like necromancer, I like DW, I like auto-attack build. Just trying to build something that I really enjoy playing.

So I stumbled into conduit modifier for reaping strike, converting its vitality damage to pierce. So I try to make belgothian reaper, and it works! LOL. My Divine reaper is overall still stronger though because it can utilize double mark of torment.

With reaper, the build has 100% WPS chances. I make sure that all WPS increase the DPS fully:

• Belgothian’s Shears & Execution strengthened by Belgothian set
  • Amarasta’s Quick Cut strengthened by Dermapteran Slicer
  • Reaping Strike strengthened by Necromancer Conduit
  • Necrotic Edge strengthened by Dreadchill Mark

Defense is quite minimal: good life leech by almost 200% effective AS and reaping strike, ±3000 effective DA, 25% reduced damage by decay, Fumble by Circle of Slaughter, ghoulish hunger as soft circuit breaker, and blade barrier as panic button. Also aether cluster as another panic button :p.

Equipment Choices

Core Items:
Belgothian set, place its sword in offhand
Main Hand: Dermapteran Slicer. Get the one that give bonus to pierce. At least one rare prefix/suffix is preferred. Slayer suffix is quite essential though due to low +%pierce damage in the build
Amulet: Conduit of Undying Whisper with Reaping Strike modifier. Supporting necromancer as pierce build, get any resist suffix as you like
Medal: Mythical Dreadchill Mark. Crazy skill modifier for necrotic edge

Supporting Items:
Gloves: Mythical Grasp Unchained Might. Gives RR to Ring of Steel, AS, and physical damage to be converted as pierce
Pants: Grava’Thul Legguards. more RR, get any prefix/suffix you like
Boots: Stoneplate Greaves. to cover resistances, get any prefix/suffix you like
Belt: Mythical Blade Breaker Sash. +Nightblade, +flat pierce, good stats overall
Ring: Judicator Set. provide balance of offense and defense
Relic: Mogdrogen’s Ardor. Plus all skills and total speed, get %phys, cunning, & spirit as completion bonus

Devotions
A bit distinct choices are: Ghoul is taken because I cannot live with that, Typhos for its defensive properties and align with our devo, hawk because it’s hawk, living shadow because I have one point spare (it’s also nice for blocking enemy attack :p)

Assassin’s Mark > to Ravenous Earth
Blades of Wrath > to Necrotic Edge
Living Shadow > to Reaping Strike
Blind Fury > to Belgothian’s Strikes
Ghoulish Hunger > to whatever permanent buff

Gameplay
Keybind:
LMB: Belgothian’s Strikes
RMB: Bone Harvest
Mouse scroll up: Ravenous Earth
Mouse scroll down: Pneumatic Burst
Middle mouse button: Shadow Strike
Keyboard 1: Ring of Steel
Keyboard 2: Blade Barrier

Standard procedure:
Scroll up and down to activate Ravenous earth and pneumatic burst, triggering multiple assassin’s mark
Cast Bone Harvest to trigger soul harvest
Shadow strike in, then Maul your enemy with belgothian’s strikes while pressing Ring of Steel button.
Make sure soul harvest and Ravenous earth, also RoS in cooldown.
Do not let yourself to be surrounded. Try to move around a bit or escape with shadow strike so there are no enemy behind you.
It is preferable to isolate one nemesis from the other, and kill them one by one.

Build Performance
The build is tuned for crucible. It can farm 150 crucible with buff. 150 without buff is possible but harder and full concentration is needed.

For 170 Crucible, screenshot with 4 buff and vanguard banner:

I did not time it, but you can measure the clear speed from the remaining duration of the buff. For +151, the most dangerous enemy is reaper and grava’thul for their anti-melee properties :cry:, it’s preferable that you kill reaper / grava near the vanguard banner so you can kill it fast. All human nemesis died within seconds, kuba as a beast is a bit more than that. And as always, try to isolate them so you can kill them one by one.

Afterword
I think that is all. Hope you can enjoy the build

Good on you for posting it. It’ very nice:p

Just on thing i’d do, a couple of points in MoT to be GoD mode for 4 sec together with life steal. Excellent vs Grava, the only real nuisance vs this build. You sue damage reduction too so it should be solid

Good point, I will try to fit that into the build. 4 sec is actually enough to kill some nemesis… :stuck_out_tongue:
Will try to update tomorrow, right now is 1:34 am in my Timezone…

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Looks good.
Any reason to use the Soul Harvest? To boost Reaping Strike only or I don’t see something?

Thanks Vere!
Cold damage is converted to Pierce in execution by belgothian helm. Vitality damage is converted to Pierce in reaping strike by Necro conduit

Graz on build.
Is there any reason to put more that one point in Belgotian shears? It don’t look like something that scale good, I`m not even sure that flat phyz dmg from it gets converted to pierce cause its not weapon dmg.
If you push Cunning that much its a good idea to max anatomy of murder.

It’s converted. I mean i get up to 300K in crucible. Not too bad

A younger brother of Belgothian Infiltrator and Belgothian Blademaster, nice :slight_smile:

What fluff said. It get converted, even flat phys from belgothian’s strike is converted.
It seems that either armor piercing can convert all phys damage (but not the one result from conversion) or flat damage from main skill of auto-attack replacer and WPS is added to the weapon damage.

Regarding anatomy of murder, yes I actually want to Max it, but the skill point is quite scarce, so yeah… :confused:

And who thought there could be a fourth class for pierce. Congrats! This is really innovative

Thanks MadLee, I’m not sure how it’s fare with blademaster and infiltrator though, as I haven’t leveled one.

Thanks x1x1x1x2. Frankly speaking, Necro skilltree do not have any support whatsoever to Pierce damage. It just support Nightblade nicely with its glorious WPS and nice defensive mechanism.

I tried making belgothian work with witch hunter, making it Pierce/acid build with madqueen’ claw, but haven’t succeeded, even with 50% phys res, lol. Damage reduction mechanism provided by necro (and Inquisitor) is just huge…
Hmmm wait, maybe it can work with dark one’s grasp…

I would say Infiltrator > Blademaster > Reaper for Belgo. Blademaster got bigger burst then Infiltrator, but I would prefer Inflitrator because it’s much more reliable and versatile and requires less focus to play in Crucible.

Yeah, That’s about right… Reaper support belgo by providing nice AoE from necrotic edge and sustain by reaping strike, and its nice defensive skills. Infiltrator provide more though.

My reaper win hands down in fashion department though :stuck_out_tongue:

Waiting for fluff to read this :stuck_out_tongue:

Belgo infiltrator is indeed clunky. But it provide more flat damage, more crit damage, 50% phys res, flat damage absorb, 45% chance of avoid projectiles!!!

I honestly hate Inquisitor seal because it confine me in one place, but it is undisputable how powerful it is.

WHERE. IS. MY. COMPENDIUM. SUBMISSION. :furious:

Such a creative build NEEDS to be in it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ahhh, the current keeper of the compendium.
I honestly haven’t submitted all of my build to the compendium. I will do it tonight…

Thanks for the reminder and compliment spanks… :wink:

Bro, I’m just teasing ya.

You don’t NEED to make submissions. I’m just making a humble request. <3

On the contrary, for me personally ofc, BM is way more straight forward machine. Casting WoP alone all the time would drive me insane and would make me dislike this particular char really fast.

Hey, each to their own :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d like to see how it does with the new T3 pierce/phys devo

Interestingly enough, oleron belt gives more flat pierce, together with +1 soldier, around 500 flat in calc. Something to explore. The only downside is losing a bit of Night’s chill.

Like so:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/qNYD9BgZ

Merciless prefix instead of stonehide on boots to get over 800 flat. 18800 final. Enchanted earth on pants now to recover some armor from losing stonehide and get more HP than before(this can be done no matter the belt really).

Anatomy can be increased. Anyway, looks good, might try it unless FG gives new pierce items that fit

There’s one thing that I think is suboptimal with this build: you have 110% chance for WPS. This means that you’re watering down some of your procs - I presume at least execution is highest priority (and maybe the necro WPS, I’ve never really tried them out). You should thus probably aim for 100%, unless you really think all your procs are equal (relatively).