[1.0.6.1] Ulzuin's Infernal Champion - BWC Sorcerer for Safe 170 Glad Farming

Grimtools link added. Just got home after a long day and I only found the time now. Thanks for all the compliments guys.

Thanks! That meant so much coming from you. On M. Consumption of Agrivix, I used it before 170 was released and it was great. Should still be great now and I will definitely switch to it if I wanted more damage but I’m more than satisfied with the build’s current performance.

Imo, herald could be BiS for spam BWC along with that yellow book. I already have a theorycrafted build for that so only testing is needed for now. I do think the RR loss from not using Warpfire is big and a BWC build using herald will want to overcap Agonizing Flames and Thermites and use a Combustion Band if it can.

Loled :smiley:

Sry I didnt noticed this earlier :undecided:

I dont think so, crucible cant be that hard now :stuck_out_tongue:

All this weapon needs is 3 sec CD max on proc. Brimstone has several projectiles at once so more chances to crit with burn but herald has just one so should have less CD

Someone was calling IK weak? That would be the most amusing thing I heard this decade.

You chose to end your suffering? Understandable!

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72100&highlight=underpowered

This was the one I remember

One post out of the whole thread? That’s disappointing!

Really enjoying this build thank you!

Quick question: Any reason you do not throw some extra points into canister bomb for another burn source? Or do you find you don’t need the extra damage?

Thanks!

You can and it would be a good dps boost, but for me it’s one more button. Also, I really wanted to hit 3k DA and with my setuo I barely scraped that number. Removing points from mastery would lower my DA. That’s also the reason why I’m not using mythical consumption of Agrivix

Hey,

I’ve made a beastly sorc bwc/cataclysm hybrid few months ago. Maybe my devotion map will help you :slight_smile:

Also, Korvaak’s Deception is an insanely strong medal, huge source of Burn and a mobility skill as well.

Don’t know about the devo route. We’re accomplishing different goals in our devotions. TD aside, you picked absorb (phoenix) and stats (harp) I prefer my HP and heals.

As for Korvaak, I think it’s beter suited for more offensive setups (with meteor). Eternity is now a bigger help on damage than before because of the nerfs. More cdr = more Bwc = more flame torrents, which is how we make up for the nerfs. Also, I don’t think I need a mobility skill for this setup. Because of the nerfs ( :cry: ) I wouldn’t want to move too far away from enemies so that I can reapply burns easily. Also, most of the time, I don’t need to come close to enemies cause most of them are fast enough to come to me instead (at dead). I do agree that Korvaak is better for stats.

Phoenix is another source of burn damage. Harp is just harp, it’s a lovely devotion when you have CDR (so basically for every build that uses off-hand).

Korvaak is awesome because it’s skill got huge burn damage and helps us with applying all that flat burn that we have.

But, to each his own :slight_smile:

Hey man, can you show me what this build would look like if it had Devastation instead? As you said, JoV’s build isn’t updated, I just want some bwc goodness with meteors sprinkled on top

JoV’s bwc meteors build is actually quite updated. It’s in the second post o his thread. It’s for 1.0.4.0 with time dilation but I won’t change that even in this patch because unli meteors.

Please forgive the probably obvious question, but what’s Star Pact’s purpose in this? I can’t seem to find exactly how it helps (is it meant to be Reckless instead?!)

Cooldown reduction is it’s purpose :stuck_out_tongue:

Reckless power’s damage boost wouldn’t exactly be huge, but it would murder your survivability. High cooldown reduction means tree of life is always up and that either blast shield or mirror is always up. CDR also helps with clear speed in it’s own way as we can drop BWC and Inferno more often

Star pact is for the cooldown reduction, which is a bigger help than anything that reckless power offers us because it has both offensive (more bwc/ct) and defensive (more mirror/bs) purposes.

Ahhh thanks for the replies! I was scouring the gear stats looking for some elemental conversion that Pact would boost.

Could arcanist be swapped for inquisitor? You’ll lose mirror, sphere and CDR mainly but new aura of censure is so awesome :slight_smile:

Sure. Survivability should be around the same. What you want to consider when choosing between sorc or purifier is CDR versus RR. Purifier is probably a bit faster when it comes to clearing.