[1.0.6.1] Ulzuin's Infernal Champion - BWC Sorcerer for Safe 170 Glad Farming

Thx a lot.

ayos bro! Did not realize may very active pinoy pala dito:rolleyes:

translation : I havent updated any of my burn builds, so looking at this build I am tempted to wanna play with fire around this time:cool:

Lol @translation. Haha uy pinoy ka pala! :rolleyes:

Interesting

1.0.7.0 - With the recent buffs to IK set (more BWC damage, makes thermites suck less, better proc) and Herald of the Apocalypse (50% Aether to Fire on Devastation) I decided to combine both and get a Triple Meteor Infernal Knight Sorc.

Grimtools: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YVWJldL2

It’s expensive and still needs polishing but I believe IK + Herald will be the best sorc until FG, so any ideas to improve the current setup is very welcome.

As for the current performance of the above build, damage is really good, imo. I get around 9 mins 150-170 clear with 4buffs1banner (based on timer so maybe inaccurate, didn’t really time it with a stopwatch or a recording cause there’s a lot of disturbances irl so I have to pause a lot) Died once in 3 runs tho (wave 165 Alex + Maiden, got hit by meteor while BS/Mirror are on CD). Positioning and timing are key for this build to survive and with the recent Mirror nerf, there’s a smaller margin of error. Overlapping BS and Mirror is virtually unacceptable when close to nemeses waves (159/164/165) tho I managed to mess that up at 159 and got 2 reapers on 160, still survived fine with some sidestepping tricks.

I considered giving up Cataclysm set on my sorc to go for that amulet too. Those greens tho, man :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, the transfer in resists on IK set didn’t really help make gearing for resisrs easier, tho I admit I used green pants for Inferno. It should be doable with a purple pants and purple medal, but I wanted to maximize damage so +2 devastation and human damage for maiden. Book is non-negotiable tho. Any decent affix combo should be fine but phys res is the best imo.

I was thinking of testing Consumption of Agrivix with Burn mods to Inferno actually. I still want a Burn build.

Yeah a burn build would be nice but it will clear worse than a direct damage build. That’s what I care the most now :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello guys,

Just wanted to share this version (which is almost mad_lee’s w/o Cataclysm’s set if I remember correctly) : https://www.grimtools.com/calc/vNQvOOn2

Just did 3 runs with 4buffs + vanguard (1.0.7.1), quite easy but consumed a lot of health pot & MoD procced a few times.
I did one run in 1.0.7.0 and didn’t noticed so much difference.

I know it can be improved a lot, what are your thoughts?

You can try herald of the apoc, drop canister and get devastation. You don’t need to care about the recent star pact change cause it won’t do much dps loss to devastation. Try it if it suits you.

It may perform better indeed, but I want to stay away from devastation & the herald since my sorc used to be a pumped up quad-meteors (JoV’s build + herald) and I wan’t to try something different now.

Thanks for your feedbacks anyway :wink:

So Mercymaker has been so kind to me and decided to grant my request for him to test this build. Gets really great times imo (I mean great for a “dead class”, still not at the same tier as the Inqs and spambinders of this era). Here’s the video:

//youtu.be/nO3cAipgnQg

Also, I put this on the 2nd post.

hmm, I wonder whose sorc is better now :slight_smile:

Looking at the video, this one seems safer.

Any good reason for using Myth Reign of Ice & Fire over a 2nd Entropic Coil or Combustion Band?

Looking at mercy’s runs they’re pretty much equal (tho his fastest run on your build was faster by 7s compared to mine). Still got me salty tho. After all the buffs IK has received it still didn’t surpass Justicar. Or maybe I was just too lazy to optimize.

I wanted a more direct aoe damage source and Entropic coil is a single target dot so a second one isn’t welcome. I like the stats more on ice and fire compared to band so I chose the former.

I min-maxed mine to death. Plus obviously in new Crucible fat armor and ability to facetank even as a caster elevates your total damage output even if in theory your build has more damage. Don’t be salty, it’s a glorious return of the Sorcerers, this change in 1.0.7.1 makes me very happy!

I think both of them are capable of faster runs, it just all depends on mutators/nemesis combos/monsters getting stuck/wave 163 (this one can be a real time consumer) etc. But of course that would require dozens of runs to really see which one has the average best times and which one could potentially do the fastest. And i’m not doing that lol, i think both are good and have their pros and cons :slight_smile: