The Wraiths pets from the Reap Spirit skill can be pretty powerful, but aren’t very effectively without the Diviner set which both reduces the skills cooldown and extends their duration.
I’m a bit burnt out on Familiars and frustrated by the inconsistency/fragility of Skeletons in the Crucible so I wanted to try something different. I’ve experimented with focusing on Blight Fiends and found that while they make great support, on their own they are vastly insufficient. I’ve experimented with Wraiths and found they were a too slow and clunky for my tastes on their own. Putting the two together, however, turns out to be really awesome and fun.
For a long time I was struggling to get clear times consistently under 8 minutes. I tried a bunch of equipment, skill, and devotion variations and nothing seemed to work. Eventually, I stumbled upon an amazing breakthrough by accident. I found that if I didn’t try to micromanage my pets, my clear times dropped by 30 seconds. I’m so used to micromanaging pets on Familiar and Skeleton builds where it’s necessary that I never even considered that not doing so would be significantly better. I think they make much better use of their AoE skills when left to their own devices.
- Has very few permanent pets, which means that you don’t need to worry about pets losing crucible buffs
- No pet micromanagement required, they perform better without it.
- Great AoE damage
- Very safe with both Ishtak’s and Time Dilation.
- Plays pretty differently from other pet builds.
- Has very few permanent pets, which means that you need to keep summoning them.
- Blight Burst confuses enemies and Ill Omen terrifies them, which can be annoying at times.
- Reap Spirit is a huge mana hog at 26/16, so you really need all 4 buffs.
Gladiator 151-170 - 7:15
I never managed to actually clear gladiator in 7 minutes but I know it is possible. I’ve had a dozen of runs in 7:20 to 7:25 range, usually clearing wave 160 around 3:30. I had a single run where I cleared wave 160 at 3:04 and in my excited haste to start the next round I accidentally clicked “I wish to collect my reward!” instead of “Lets begin!”. Oh well. Regardless, it can consistently do 3 runs on a single set of buffs.
7 second MQ
19 second Lokarr
24 second training dummy
Using a similar Ritualist setup is also viable, but both slower and less safe.