[1.0.7.1] Elemental CT Iskandra Druid - Why Iskandra Needs A Rework [feedback]

Oh yeah! You can do oath… aw shit, no, you can’t equip a shield because of that off-hand either…

Dude, I am sorry, but your spellbreaker is horrible. Everything in it shows that you don’t understand how to make a good build starting from gear choices and ending with a terribad devotion setup and weird skill allocation.

Perhaps he/she does but do not care? :wink:

I tinkered around some more with this set, I came to a dual wielding spellbreaker as well, but not being able to use devastation is kind of terrible. After all this time I’ve started to hate this set, it’s sadistic if I’m being honest.

since i can clear all normal condent of the campaign fast its ok for me if you dont like my build i have my funn with it

I meant, with 181 new items, 17 new sets and other changes/nerfs/adjustments … there’s still hope.

Yes, it might work ok as Templar (Arcanist/OK).

From the looks of it, Spin2W is a skill on its own and AA replacers can’t be used in it. I calculate at 0% speed and overcap max = >300 energy per second. And that likely goes up with %AS speed increase.

I think Iskandra’s set could be one of the better fits for this because of a few things:

• IEE is good for energy leech-at max it gives ~160/s and +100% regen. And there are a few other lesser regen/leech skills (arcane will/fabric)
  • the amulet can convert 22% of the physical from EoR to Elemental and the set provides %elemental. Add 2x 15%weapons/shield + 2x components +IEE max 30% =~100 % conversion.
  • overload may have dot potential inside EoR with a bit of dot % boost. (EB gives some of that)

There are quite a few sets that see the majority of use with only 4 of 5 pieces.

I guess we’ll see.

That’s the SPIRIT!

But listen. If you want a Scourge Strike nuker you need another strong nuke maxed like ABB with Olexra’s Chill scepters and ABB counduit or full Mageslayer for yet another quasi-nuke: OFF.

What you call Elemental Strike is in fact called Sacred Strike. It’s been something of a meme for a while for how useless it is. And for you it’s even more useless because you got Elemental Storm (those rr don’t stack)

Anyways show me anything in your build and I’ll tell you what’s wrong with it. Anything. Except gloves. Gloves are ok.

Problem with spin2win, I suspect, will the same as with everything else. Iskandra will block everything that supports it. 4pc Iskandra would be ok if only it was changed somewhat. Like if the rr was moved from completion to 4pc bonus (and maybe buffed to 26-28). Or if cdr was returned to support various nukers.

Cast speed scaling skills with %WD already exist. Have you forgotten about seal skills with significant weapon damage on them? Chillspikes can shotgun for up to 100 %WD per cast (but this requires facetanking). Seal of shadows can do 140% WD per cast (as long as the blade returns and doesn’t hit a wall/object).

Elemental balance rings, a luminari commendation, WD devotions like amatok, tsunami or flame torrent and ultos. It has potential with the large weapon damage and crit that can be accrued. This works best with mage hunter. The major issue I see is mostly likely to be RR on an elemental mage hunter more than anything though; elemental rr is hard to come by.

I would like to see one of the Iskandra piece grant a %chance on attack that does ~-20%+ ele res reduction (rather than the flat res reduction which is not great as its lower than crown and melee/high WD only). If that happens then I think WD caster Iskandra would be more viable.

Edit: There is quit a bit of exaggeration though in this thread I feel. I mean this set pulled a glad cruci time less than 9min so it is not garbage. WD iskandra to utilise the flat damage from the set however is weaker than it should be considering that seems to be the purpose of it at first sight…

As stated already, for a 5-piece set, you expect more from it. Iskandra Set isn’t garbage and it’s really clunky because you need those item slots for other supporting items. It would seem to be a powerful set on paper but when trying to build around it, you often reach a theorycrafting deadend, always missing some important item/support. Octavius, Markovian Sets for instance do not have this issue: powerful and easy to build around.

While it’s not a bad idea, this is unlikely since all these sets have +2 skills on the four piece bonus. Seems unlikely that theme will be changed.

Moving bonuses around would not change the theme. I never said remove the +2 all skills. Just move rr from 5pc to 4pc. And give it a small boost. And we have a midtier set for all kind of arcanist autoattacks that makes some ppl happy because it needs no Storm, Manticore or Sacred Strike. Maybe even happy enough to overlook the fact they still get no support to any meaningful skills from key slots like helmet and amulet (seriously, who really needs +2 to Mirror or Inner Focus, etc.)

I tried to make a melee spellbinder with this set and fleshwarped strikes.

Don’t try this at home, it won’t end well.

In the end I was asking myself “why not use krieg set you idiot” and honestly I have no answer to that. You’ll struggle to get any sort of good DA, capping resistances is surprisingly difficult unless you start using amazing rare items and the armor is terrible.

Honestly, I try, but I don’t get it, melee with devastation is just not worth this.

Because why not :

Here is “The Saint”, an Elemental (Simon) Templar :

GRIMTOOL

Some work on the DA and Devo Path needed, but you get the idea.

seems squishy

Eh, I see no good reason to even take arcanist here, surely others are a better choice (inquisitor, of course).

That would a job for Vanquisher. Using Iskandra there is like… using Iskandra everywhere else. :eek:

I was surprised by the weapon damage though, that’s why I posted this build here (and especially for the obvious and terrible pun, of course).