[1.0.7.1] Master of Winds, Vindicator 5:49 Gladiator [g4] [c+] [vid]]

Hello! It’s me, John_Smith, again.

What do you think, when you hear “VINDICATOR GLADIATOR FARMER”?
Ultos’ set? Light’s guardian? Primal strike, savagery and storm totem? Maybe runebinder?

I bet that few of you thought about the devil wind and Trozan’s set. Today I will show you power of the wind.

Build
>>>grimtools<<<

Everything available is up.

About build
I usually trying to make ‘no-greens’ builds, but this build requires Yeti horn and Conduit. Horn even without affixes is better than epic or legendary items. Conduit is BiS too.

Why not Spear of heavens, as usual? Because of electrocute. This isn’t usual lightning build, it has high amount of dot damage, so Tempest+Harp give us much more damage due to high cdr.

Tried to make this build as tanky as possible, and I achieved my goal. But it still requires understanding the game. You should save ghoul for 160/170, it has only 22 sec cd - just run if it was accidentally activated. 2 reapers hit hard :mad: On 159 Sentinel has strong clap, avoid it. On 169 just run a circle like I do in video. Start 160/170 already staying in the Seal+Totem. Use Word of Renewal and health pots wisely.
I know, that savagery stacking with melee caster set seems strange for this forum, but it isn’t hard and worth it.

Videos
In crucible I use 3buffs+1banner as usual

//youtu.be/dmRMv_-GB88

4 runs <<<4 runs per buff
Ravager kill <<< 1061 patch. 2.33 killing time. Using more greens to kill him faster

The end
MadLee’s and Veretragna’s ideas to use bat and ghoul+ultos for non-wd casters still work very good.

Thanks for your attention and excuse me for mistakes.
Other my builds you can find in russian-speaking comunity compendium. Thanks to Safarel stream discord comunity for support.

Really nice!
Just a week ago I was planning on making a wind devil focused build after realizing that 26/16 wind devil provide so much damage in trozan druid, and here it is you have it ready as vindicator!

I haven’t get to it because still trying to find a way for sustaining trozan druid without kiting.

Congrats for another beastly build! below 6 minutes in a kiting build is quite insane.

I was actually looking at all the modifiers for wind devils last night and I was surprised there was so many. Very fun looking build, nice job. What does your tooltip say the actual cooldown is for wind devils after all the mods and cdr?

Damn, I wanted to do Yeti Devils next… But I doubt I could do it any better. Nice build. Some feedback/questions if I may:

1. How do you feel about Stormcage pants? I know Barbaros are better but Stormcage would allow you to get two Coven Sky Seals for more oa/da or Timeflux for smoother kiting. Or hardcap Maelstrom. Just asking.

2. I noticed you’re not using pet attack command. I know it’s better to keep devils in disarray sometimes for better AoE but it I think it would be useful in nemesis waves.

Real Master of Winds

Great build.

But not because of Inquisitor.

I was waiting for someone to make this kind of build but I’m surprised it can do sub 6-mins. Really great job there.

Thanks!
It my old build, in 1061 this made <7 min extra unbannered, but had to use pharma to stay alive. Btw that was one of the fastest cruci builds, except binders and pets.

Thanks.
1.1 sec, but it takes a lot of time to cast it

I used pants before, but this build need every % of phys res and armour to facetank reapers&grava
Winds moves slowly, it is easier to spawn new than trying to move older ones

Fresh wind with a flavor of victory. Loving it.

Great build, my friend!

Thanks, guys!

Coold build! :slight_smile:

Oh, this is another build from senpai.
Please, notice me :wink:

Thank you!

nya
ps stra6na vyrubaj

Interesting build with Savagery thrown in! There’s another Wind Devil build by Evil_Baka on the compendium, http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75329, which I’ve been following (still missing a couple pieces of BiS). Tons of damage even without storm totem, but looks like yours has more OA+DA. I’ll have to give this one a try, thanks!

I planned to make a conjurer more or less like this… Any tips, John?

I used everything I think was the best. Maybe medal or gloves could be changed, but I don’t see alternative.
I hope conjurer will be tanky enought. If not - you can also try to increase health regeneration.

That is good that there are many people on the forum using non-standard solutions:D

a theocraft Master of Wind Conjurer without Bat and Reckless Tempest:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/M2gRl86N

thanks for the idea :slight_smile:

Great build, Ultos would be impressed of your devotion.
With new stuff in FG, maybe this build could transform into avatar of wind.

this build is very interesting i might try it