[1.0.7.1] Radaggan's Apostate - no greens, 170 viable

Hello. Today I would like to show you my Apostate Build that uses full Radaggan’s Set. As far as I know, people are using Radaggan mostly for Deseivers and I actually haven’t seen Radaggan Apostates posted on the forum. Lot’s of people told me, that the Necro bonuses that this set provides are pretty useless when compared to Occultist ones. But I still wanted to give it a try.

The Build

*all perma buffs + Word of Renewal active

Grimtools

Gear, Skills and Gameplay

Of course we use the full Radaggan’s Folly set to get those sweet bonuses to Aura of Censure, 2x Decree of Malmouth (very easy to farm imo, especially when compared to Aldrich Decree) for elemental conversion, Judicator’s Seals for OA/DA, Mythical Legwraps of Tranquil Mind for slow res, Mythical Golemborn Boots for some armor, Mythical Direwolf Crest for the ability to DW and Valguur’s Touch for the proc. The choosen relic is of course Uroboruuk’s Reaping.

Playing this build requires some practice. It’s quite squishy, but is able to deliver tons of damage. The main damaging ability is Rune of Hagarrad, which is almost fully converted into vitality by the gear. Word of pain becomes a good rr with two Malmouth scepters, Seal is used for protection, Word of Renewal - for healing and amazing buffs, Bone Harvest for dmg bonuses and as a devotion activator, MoT - as a circuit breaker. The Reaping Arc from the relic also deals some nice damage (more than 100k in one hit).

The build can facetank most enemies when protected by the Seal, but when a few strong bosses or nemesis show up it’s better to kite and switch position from time to time.

Videos

I’ve was only able to record one video due to some hardware issues. It took a little less than 12 minutes to complete, but the run wasn’t very good, because I did some unnecessary kiting and actually forgot to put augments into both of my weapons :rolleyes: (thus loosing 6% DA), but was still able to complete it. I think the run can actually be done in about 10 minutes or so.

Enjoy!

Pretty surprised you’re not using necro WPS. Especially when your health is high and just two points off Vigor give you 40% good vit WPS in between RoH, Arc and Bone Harvest. Pretty sure you could squeeze some Ravenous Earth there too for extra dmg red or Siphon Souls as the number of buttons don’t seems to be overwhelming either. But ofc I never played it so I might be wrong.

Also, not using Bloodthirster here when all the res from Seal of Might are fine seems strange to me.

I didn’t take wps because the attack speed is pretty horrible and I don’t think they will add that much overall damage. As for the seals, I’ve tried to use haunted steel here, but the build was really lacking phys res and I couldn’t get past wave 160 in the crucible. Siphon Souls is just another button to press and isn’t actually that important here.

The damage reduction from Earth doesn’t stack with the one from the Aura of Censure.

Doesn’t it? Oh, yeah, it doesn’t…

But Siphon Souls might still do some good there, maybe, especially with that da.

As for phys res, I dunno. For a caster paper it doesn’t really matter, in my experience. You get burst by phys heavy hitters anyway whether it’s 15% or 11% if you don’t kill them fast enough. Debuffed, you get in minus anyway and plenty so, so the extra 4% in exchange for more dmg and better sustain when you need it just seems missed to me. Just giving my opinion. Might be wrong ofc.

I ll try it with Siphon, maybe will take some points out of Arcane Empoverment and see how that goes.

Phys res made a big difference when I was testing it, not sure why. It went much smoother for me personally. Ghoul and MoT are doing a pretty good job when it comes to sustain, so I don’t think Bloodthirster is that important in this particular case.

Hey Saw, interesting build. Since you’re focusing on nukes, I would front-load the damage on Bone Harvest as you’re not whacking things with your weapons - this should give you more spike damage.

Also, I swapped around the Devotions to grab Bat since you’re a Vitality build and that gives great sustain and I changed the amulet Augment to Sylvarra’s Essence and swapped in a Restless Remains for the gloves.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/wV16gPDZ

Might give you some more power and drop the Crucible time as well.

I like it. (well…except for my bias against inquis and aura of cheese…er…censure :p)

But seriously, it’s nice for a number of reasons:

1. Good concept
  2. Decree of Malmouth is quite fast to farm. You can get to Drevin Cole in MC in 5? minutes or less from the portal.
  3. Apparently sets in FG will be easier to complete (transmute pieces within a set). So set builds may end up being easier to complete than a mix and match build.

Re: build

Did you consider the Mythical Cord of deception for a little more DA?

I was thinking to suggest trying Signet of the Fallen/Voidheart ring pair, but you probably need the regen from the Justicar pair to counter Dead god (Hung Void), I think, as you might not have too much sustain - I am unsure how much you get from AoC in practice. (Voidheart might be counterproductive, as well)

Reaping Arc is also one of the strongest nukes that this build has and Soul Harvest adds a lot of extra damage to it. I’ve seen Reaping Arc’s damage pop up to about 200k or smth - seems pretty powerfull to me. Furthermore this build really needs every tiny %damage bonus that it can get, since the % damage bonus without procs is only 1500%.

Getting bat is a good idea and I was playing around it, but i like the Lantern a bit more, because of the reduced intrapment duration - really helps against Benn’Jahr and those masty wendigo cultists that like to lock you in place when Alekses meteor is already falling on you :eek:.

Don’t really see the point in Restless Remains in the gloves, I think most of the AdCtH comes from Censure.

Removing points from MoT… Really want to get as much duration as possible, especially after it’s nerf.

Thanks for the feedback, I ll be looking into actually testing some of your suggestions (really want to somehow get both Bat and the Lantern in there) and will change the build if I like them.

Thanks for the positive feedback!

I’ve chosen Beronath belt because of the +2 to the Seal (the main source of sutain for this build) and for the armor bonus, becuase phys damage is actually a pain.

Tried different rings, but Judicator’s are BiS in most Crucible builds, because of the proc. This build has more than 100% vitality rr, so I don’t think it needs those extra from Signet and Voidheart.

Nice build, added to my thread. :wink:

Further more http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74653 Shopping made one too, but its older. :smiley:

Just for reference.