[1.0.7.1] Sting Like a ROCK - S&B Octavius RoK+FW Tactician, Gladiator farmer (9 minutes)

Well, I tried to make a test run with Artifact Handling instead of Blade Arc.
You’ll be surprised, but seems like empowered Rune of Kalastor deals much better damage than Blade Arc.

8:15, 4 blessings and banner.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/JVlKb4R2

Seems like we have the same thoughts :slight_smile:
Already did it and uploading the video.

You were absolutely right, mates.

EDIT: done.

//youtu.be/V23DKUGxVnA

YAS! That was exactly the build we were looking for, that full potential RoK is pure sweetness, I love it!

Turns out that the buff on RoK wasn’t that bad after all and I think this is the first build after the latest patch where it’s really showing. <3

Artifact handling baby :stuck_out_tongue: I’m not surprised. I thought it ought to shotgun real nice, especially big dudes. You can kill 2x Reaper really fast. Only small humans targets last a bit longer

The build also face tanks 90% of the time. Except stuff like 169 Anasteria & CO.

I also made a more aggressive devotion pattern with Oleron, Mace,Boar. Max DM and 16/16 Cadence also had some nice crits and life steal in between. Seemed to work ok and face tank appropriately. DOTS sat at over ~300K if connected well. I want to try a couple of other things skill wise when I get home that are without cadence. Kalastor +artifact stays no matter what for me though

Watched the video, damn, that’s so fast for IT build. Grava on 170 went down like a regular hero mob. Who could’ve thought that Tacticans of all the classes can be so strong!

Seems like Mercymaker is interested in this build too :slight_smile:
I’m so excited! You know his skill, so imagine how good this build is in proper hands.

Fluff can you please post your findings when you’re able? Thx in advance;) Even tho I really like Veretragna’s devotion setup with 3 tier 3’s I’d like to see what you were planning to do with Oleron’s.

Sure in around 6 hours or so when I get home.

6:40 run!

//youtu.be/u1x9RI5wYyQ

All 3 runs:

Probably one of the fastest if not the fastest physical build i’ve run through crucible so far. What a beast of a build.
EDIT: The major (or rather minor) changes that were made were 2x sanctified bones for the % racial damage

Yay! What a godlike result.
Will add it into OP.

Thanks alot in discovering this build’s potential!

Sounds about right. Although getting mutators like ARmored+Toughened when doing runs never helps:rolleyes:

I had a run with armored on 150-160 and toughened+armored on 160-170. That ended up a 8:14 run. It was without 2x sanctified bone and got a double spawn zantarin on 170 though

Yep that’s exactly what happened to me on the 8:10 or so run yesterday. 150+ Armored/Toughened. When I saw armored again at 160+ I was like:undecided:
Was all I had time for. Just one more thing i’d like to try with my devotion setup. I even tried a 40 cunning version just for fun and it worked. Had 3K OA without any procs

''Could have been perhaps under 6:40 if it weren’t for Armored mutator and Lucius hugging a plant but I did 6 runs and all of them gave me Armored - the Universe ey?. A potentially bit more aggressive version of the newly revamped Octavius set that went for Oleron/Boar devotions. Although Vire versions can do similar kill times.

//youtu.be/ccXqzJc9KZo

GT: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/M2gD1WBV

GT no green ring: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/xZy45bwV

The MI version is just a bit more expensive but worth it for most of your stats. You can move points from cunning to physique if you want a round 12k HP.’’

This one looks promising also, thx for posting fluff!

Thanks for sharing this! Added into OP.
Personally I prefer more safe setup with Obelisk and Empyrion though

Once I found the right setup I’ve never found myself in danger. Espacially since it kills fast enough to be pretty safe after Overguard wares off. The Vire Empyr path is good and balanced but for Crucible, I think you can do it without Menhir, or going so deep into it and get more either more damage/oa/%crit.

Empyr is a nice choice and it is a proc I like visually and I’ve been trying to convince the higher power that the proc needs to have it’s %chance to proc more in line to a T3.

The buff i’d like is either:

1. Increase %chance to be procced by melee. It lies at 20%. It’s low and Restrictive since it is only melee. Even 30% is low compared to on hit like Meteors. You depend so much on your enemy if not mobbed. It aslo doesn’t work vs Ranged foes like Valdaran, Aleks and other casters. If melee proc is to be kept buff it it 30%-40% range on hit by melee attacks.

2. Keep 20% but make it On Hit like Vire does, making it more flexible and reliable.

I love this devotion on melee fire builds especially in FG so i’m 100% for making it for popular.

In melee, If possible i’ll be agressive, like in Crucible. In SR depending on how far you wanna go, I think you will slowly move towards Menhir proc like in your setup. Especially since Octav has a Respectable amount of CDR with or without Pummeler. MArkovian too with the Proc.

Shards, mate :stuck_out_tongue:
I think extra defense layer should be more reliable in shards than now.
I’m trying to predict build’s behavior for future use.
But, this argument is kinda secondary, tbh I still think Oleron needs to be buffed by extra OA or resistances at least.
Just personal preference

sure if Empyr needs that proc buff Oleron could use some OA on nodes. Many purple nodes are a bit bland in stats

But what I can assure you is that Crucible and SR approach is different. For SR, you are on the right track;)

Thanks for all the input into this build by all concerned. Just wanted you to know I’ve used it to finish revamping my 1.06 non-crucible tactician (basically herites’ older FW build) and it’s really worked well–much appreciate the different takes, too. I went with Oleron and Pummeler but I do have a yen to try Empyrion one day–maybe in FG. Thanks again, guys.

Sure!
Enjoy it, now Octavius is real fun to play :wink: