[1.0.7.1] The Scream Queen - Full Venomblade Acid/Poison ABB Witch Hunter

I will try to help you after I got back home… :wink:

Interesting suggestions. I didn’t consider it at all because I was focusing on making ABB more damaging. I will try to mess around with this build again because you guys has given me so much ideas. The build can evolve even further I think

Damn mercy. You are a god amongst man. I didn’t expect at all that you’ve taken interest in this build and quickly test it. there hasn’t been 24 hours from me posting this build.

Also, damn. Sick run. Really thanks for posting the vid. I learnt a lot again from how you play. The banner seems to give the build more survivability where the build can kill even faster.

Also, interesting that you use blade spirit. I didn’t even consider it at all but I see that it works so well. Could you share the GT link of the optimization you made for my build? Also how do you feel about blade spirit performance in this patch? Lastly, are they immortal like wind devil?

I am looking to explore this build again tomorrow with all the ideas I get from you guys.

BTW, roger that on the no green setup. I linked a build with no green in my reply to Madlee, obviously haven’t tested it though. Zantarin’s shoulderguard is just too tempting I cannot resist it… :stuck_out_tongue:

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I uh, didn’t really optimize anything. Literally just your OG build with a few points taken from wasting and put into blade spirit and NJE. The grimtools i use for all runs in that particular vid will always be available in the description (as much for you as for me archiving the runs and builds i used at the time :)) Hereit is.
Regarding blade spirit, i put a single point into it attached tainted eruption to it because they’ve done well with me in past poison/acid builds. And also cause i just wanted to try em out, see how they are now that they are permanent (yes they are immortal).

And yeah, banner runs are usually much safer than non bannered runs since you are killing nemesis faster than without, which translates into safer runs overall. That’s why you usually see some people don’t like testing builds with banner cause they consider banner too much of an advantage when gauging a build’s performance. I find that most builds do fine even without banner, just takes a bit longer and you need to be a bit more careful (don’t attempt facetanking too much, obviously varies from build to build).

Unbannered runs are much testier now. I never did banners but now I find I have to on some builds or I die every time.

Now, if you can’t drop Reaper’s last 1/2 health in 3-4 seconds you’re dead. Sides, if he happens to roll his killer wps you’re dead in 2-3 seconds regardless so you just gotta kill him fast and hope he doesn’t get to proc that op shit (425da/40res shred omg). And the ghosts… every second Reaper’s alive is another turn in Russian roulette.

I was testing some builds and I was getting killed by the Reaper again and again so I was pushing defense further and further - to no avail. You’re just dead if you don’t kill him fast.

EDIT: BTW nice build, op.

Really nice to know that even with one Pointer, blade spirit already haves 2 summon limit. Looks like nightblade finally got a really good procs machine now.

Thanks Ya!
We really need to take a break from demo rants and appreciate the good things the devs brought to us in 1.0.7.1 :wink:

PS: Malakor doesn’t count though. That mace has become broken as hell.

The only thing that’s broken are the skulls of the aetherials slain by the almighty Malakor.

Damn this new kid on the block. Freshly buffed and already taken Cairn by the storm.

Build updated with guardian’s gaze (thanks ptiro!) and blade spirit (thank mercy!)
Now the build is a lot safer because it can kill significantly faster. Check this video out for 151-170 Cruci in 4 buff without banner (also in the first post):

7:25 clear times!!

PS: You guys cannot talk shit about ABB and venomblade again… :stuck_out_tongue:

7:25 times with no banner? Dang that’s fast. Should be able to do 6:30 or close with banner. I’ll try it out later

Seeing that your banner run can cut more than 1.5 minutes from mine, 6 minutes below might be possible.

Also don’t forget about the bindings. Guardian’s gaze bound to bloody pox is really insane in crucible. I wrongly bound it to blade spirit before and my run got 1 minute slower.

The build is basically revamped only in devotions and 1 pointer blade spirit. No changes in other areas.

I gotta be honest, first iteration of the build did not impress me much. I watched the video and it looked like a build that would have 50% success rate in Crucible even with all the unrealstic greens. Second iteration though, damn. That’s some hot stuff. Vileblade IS good.

This is one of those times when I am happy to admit that I was wrong about my preconceived judgment of this set and of the skill. I watched the whole video and build looked like a consistent Crucible farmer. Very well done.

It makes my Witch Hunter DEE caster look like distant relative that calls once in two years to wish you merry christmas, forgets the name of your kids and asks for a “small loan” for his “fantastic new business project” in the end (that later turns out to be a sex change op and next time you meet him is in some random road bar in Pattaya, Thailand, offering you a lap dance). But it’s an era of melee builds (if only jajaja was here to see it), what can I do.

I still think that double Widow’s Sting is such a better option and you can stick in restless remains in gloves if you are worried about casting speed that much (or just put some points into CoF for better quality of life).

pretty close to what I did with it on my wh. I would highly recommend dropping the 2 points in jackal for the 10% crit damage on torch and the first node on eel. Since wh is so starved for CD it is huge, and more melee dodge is always nice :wink:
I also took one survivors ingenuity on a ring for a bit more oa, and one coven black ash to finish capping chaos resist.
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/O2GQqMXZ
Also binding manticore to ABB and behemoth to blade spirit will work out better

Thanks MadLee!!
The current build has close to 100% success rate because high leech sustain from guardian’s gaze and significantly faster killing. The build is definitely top tier. ABB is giving what auto-attack nightblade build desperately need, that is massive AoE.

You are kinda right with restless remain + extra widow sting. It will gives less DA though.

Now we just need to check if ABB can work outside venomblade set. Cold ABB with olexra staff is interesting but lack of acid>cold conversion is concerning.

I was actually torn between crit damage node of torch and total speed node of jackal. Ultimately choose jackal because I tested in dummy and current crit damage is not matter much as poison damage tick only improve a little. It will need more than 10% to improve the poison damage tick. Also more casting speed and attack speed is nice.

Regarding the binding, you definitely don’t want to bind manticore to ABB. ABB has higher CD and it will not proc manticore continuously. Blade spirit is far better for manticore. Binding tainted eruption to ABB is still reliable as ABB has half of manticore CD and it has 50% proc chance.

18 less DA, but more armor, more damage and more sustain! You gotta test it!

Honestly even if it did, it will only be a little improvement. Widow sting proc is kinda spread out and will not shotgunning much.
I need to test my other build also, man! :stuck_out_tongue:

I bound ABB on scorpion as they have the exact same cd… curse of fraility for manitcore

This thread has proved that not only ABB/venomblade are good now, but also Blade spirit. I wonder if some spin2win trickster can also be good now. Hmmm.

I compared 26/16 ABB from 1.0.7.1 to 1.0.6.1. They actually just buff it mildly: +20% WD, +32 cold damage, +30 frostburn damage over 2 seconds. Target area is the same.

It might be that ABB is already good before or the newly redesigned venomblade has elevate the skill to such values. +2 meters target area and +80 %WD is just massive and perform exceptionally well in crucible.

It was venomblade. Previously all the mods for ABB ypu can find are conversion mods and a cooldown mod on a 2h rifle, but the damage sucks especially since it’s ranged and can’t use NB WPS. The addition of abb support on venomblade does more than just the cdr/damage/area. It allows you to use the WPS which is huge since you can still sneak in 2-3 basic attacks before the next ABB. Also phys res on dual blades.

The set itself was buffed too not just the abb part. Doubled the amount of -rr on the 4 piece proc and increased the damage from the weapon procs too.

So I was experimenting another setup using 2x Madqueen’s claw and blade spirit conduit, giving +3 blade spirit summon limit:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/1NXpDdXN

The build clear 170 crucible in almost 10 minutes. Easy due to amount of sustain the build has. But What I want to say is, Blade spirit’s damage is still bad. It is decent for devo proccing. I think this is because its attack frequency is so low. It is reflected if you bound guardian’s gaze on them, only few eye pop up, even in the dense crucible environment.