[1.009 - 1.1.9.8] Lightning God Rises - 4:20m Crucible, SR 75-76, Ravager, Lightning melee Druid [g3][c+][sr]

yeah, but you haven’t tested it against huge sample size either. I can call your experience “bad luck” as in exception to the build’s performance as much as you call my performance “good luck” implying that those grava encounters were exceptions rather than indicators of build’s resilience against Grava.

Well gathering them in upper left corner with Korvaak is an obvious risk. I doubt it’s reasonable to do so when you are farming Crucible. So with safer tactic when you go to lower left corner you have a high chance to isolate Grava fight on 170.

Thats what i did. Previuosly it was enough dmg to kill left lower boss before others surround you, now after lightning and PS nerfs it isnt

What is the purpose of Widow and Revenant in this build, sorry for the noob question.

Widow’s last nod gives us Arcane Mines - proc that decreases monster’s Lightning resist. Relevant resist reduction devotion is mandatory for any build because of how strong it is.

Revenant does the same, but it’s a different type of RR that can only be applied from one source. Revenant also has vital %adtch which build desperately needs. You can search these forums for more information on game basic mechanics.

1 Like

I’ve been reading a lot on the different Primal Strike builds and they all include Savagery, and I can’t figure out why. Since PS has no cooldown I would think you would want to spam it constantly, but with Savagery you have to keep alternating between the two. What is the reasoning behind this? My PS Druid uses Storm Totem instead, but the consensus is that Savagery is better, could you please explain?

Savagery gives you whole pack of stats - OA, DA, physical resistance, slow resistance and thetimes you charge it is compensate with attack speed bonus from Storm Touched. With Ultos Set you even get some critical damage bonus to Primal Strike, while Savagery is stacked.

1 Like

I see, but then should we not use PS without the transmuter? Basically the attack chain would go something like Savagery x7, PS, Wendigo Totem, Wind Devil then a sequence of Savagery x3, PS, Wind Devil (plus the occasional charge to reposition). Or do you end up using PS more often than that?

Thunderous Strike (transmuted version of Primal Strike) is just stronger than cooldown Primal Strike. And Ultos Savagery isn’t strong enough to carry the build - it lacks wps and aoe.

1 Like

Got it. Thank you very much for the quick response. Will change my build and test it out tonight.

1 Like

1.1.6.2 Update 2

Decided to reshuffle augments a bit to squeeze out 100 more OA with practically the same flat (just a tiny bit less). Build became faster and more consistent (due to higher ADTCH). Can farm 75-76 without much problem again it seems.

Decided to record three runs of 75-76 just to be sure

1 Like

Hey sorry, first post and using this build, why do we take viper and ultos together? the RR isn’t supposed to stack from what I’ve read, are we good on resist reduction with full devo? Are they worth taking together with stacking mechanics?

They are not stacking together, you are right. But Viper got that precious OA that Ultos build needs so much because of how inflated it is with Crit damage. Plus it’s better to apply %RR with your first hit and not wait for Ultos proc. Plus it’s simply in the way.

ye makes sense, ty just wanted to make sure I wasn’t skipping over something repeatedly lol. ty again for the build its a blast so far.

1 Like

Hi @mad_lee!

I’m trying this build (without Ultos yet) and loving it so far. I’m curious to know what you think of Rhowan’s Crown and if you have tested it or not? It has better flat resistance reduction than the skeletons of Revenant (32 vs 24), which seems to be the most relevant source of resistance reduction (since it comes last). Besides that, what skill do you tie Revenant to since Primal Strike is already in use?

Thanks

I’m not mad_lee but I’ll give you my thoughts, since I use this build also :slightly_smiling_face:

Revenant is picked for the life steal as well, not just the reduction resist. Revenant proc is bound to the seal of corruption skill. I tried binding it to savagery since you have to weave that skill too when attacking, but it works much better with the corruption, which has several ticks that can proc the skellies.

3 Likes

Thank you for your answer!

Yeah that makes sense for Revenant, 6% is nothing to scoff at. Is Seal of Corruption mostly used with binding to Revenant in mind? Right now I use Haunted Steel for the 8% life steal and the active and couldn’t really understand what was so attractive about Seal of Corruption, but I guess it makes sense as a Revenant proccer.

Aether corruption is a great devotion procer and can also do pretty well at clearing trash mobs. Also the stats on the component itself are pretty good.

I just bought the game. Having some newb questions.
1.Why not adding more points into iskandra’s elemental exchange?
As it adding %element dmg, and mana leach, seems good.

2.I use Primal strike like 100% of the time, and I saw " But it has all the power to fight as a ranged caster when things get hairy."
No offense, but how to fight as ranged caster with primal strike?

3.Since I use Primal strike 100% of the time, why adding points into Savagery?

Updated run for 1191!

GT link in desc.

2 Likes

1.1.9.8 Update

Lightning God is back! Revived this thread and min-maxed the build again due to nostalgic reasons. Build can still be a decent farmer and a fun one to play.

You can find Grimtools in the op. Here are some videos with build’s current performance:

1.1.9.8 Ultos Druid vs. SR 75-76 6:13 run

1.1.9.8 Ultos Druid vs. Ravager 1:31 kill

2 Likes