[1.1.1.1.] Warborn Warlord EoR Spin to Win style

I’ve tried to make the most typical Eye of Reckoning build for Warlord with Warborn set without using any hard to farm greens.

Grimtools

More OA Grimtools

DW variant by sir spanksalot

PROS:
-Absurdly high OA
-Still very good DA
-Overcapped resists even while Serenity buff is not active
-Not on the squishy side
-Reasonable mobility and ability to handle almost anything
-Shield
-No greens

CONS:
-Potential mana issues(which can be solved either by using ectoplasma in rings and/or switching Empty throne to Owl.)
-Not that big AoE
-Single target might be awkward
-Shield, no dual weapons.

If you forgo some Phys and put it into cunning, as showed in more OA link, you can have more OA and therefore dps.

Leveling: Guardians of Empyrion are suprisingly good and can easily carry you through low levels,but all other skills have good synergy and clear maps easily. You can focus on what you like. I would probably not use Righteous fervor too early, in my experience skills like this need some attack speed and dmg bonuses first to be really effective.

Since this is my first actual build, critique is welcomed and i might tweek it a bit. When i feel like it I might add dual wield version, though i think i’ve seen it somewhere.

I would DW and use beronath reforged.

Use the korvaak medal for more points into soulfire.

Because EoR only uses 50% of your WD, the bulk of your damage should come from the skill-line itself. Not converting the elemental damage is a huge waste.

I would also run it as a sentinel, and use gladiators distinction. That way you can also fully convert both solael + second rite into physical damage, net yourself acid and phys res with BoD, + more phys RR with vulnerability

Those are good points, thank you. I’ll try them out later during weekend or next week.
Any other glaring mistakes or errors?

I’d use oppressor. Occultist just eats your mana like it’s lunch. Necro is a bit better at that department.

Not really, but understanding the reason why sentinel is better might be relevant.

Skills like EoR work because they apply tiny bits of damage extremely rapidly (akin to getting attacked by a swarm of ants).

The problem with physical damage is that you need to contend with armor which again, functions primarily to negate many small instances of damage.

The workaround this is to shred the enemy’s phys res as much as possible.

So I would also take something like manticore in my devotions if I were to build an EoR WB sentinel.

EDIT: Necro works really well too.

Just a side question, EoR do hit with shield too right?

Yes, 100% certain. It’s even in the tooltip of EoR if you have a shield equipped.

So its not the fact that this build uses a shield that is the bottleneck dmg wise, it is the fact that we do not convert the flat lightning and fire damage to physical.

Most non-arcanist spamable casters have mana-issue, and I would use a prismatic diamond / soul shard as their bonuses quite nice and people tend to forget the energy absorbption, some mobs cast spells to you and your energy bar fills up faster than any energy pot. Try Bard’s harp too, its proc is all good for you: mana reg, slow res and DA/OA.

oppressor or using warcry with overcap break morale on warlord… then you can forgo manticore. energy issues more or less require you to use harp if you are going to use beronath.

while keeping with the 1h + shield idea
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/mN4MyeR2
Gains:
-12 more rr
nearly 20% more attack speed
more slow resist
~8.5k weapon damage
11% more block chance
21% better block recovery
300 flat armor better without proc buffs
extra energy regen

Loss:
Give up shield wall (big proc for armor block damage, ~1k blocked loss/400 armor)
2% physical resist
3k HP
220oa (without procs)
150da (without procs)
5% crit damage

Gameplay:
gave up vires/judgement
but have to worry about using cadence to keep up deadly momentum
also took some bysmeil augments on weapons/ some armor slots.

Just a side note… rebuke is bad for any build not using retal. its 100% a 1 pointer if you are not. Safeguard has way better scaling if you are using a shield.

just wanna note i tried warborn eor + retal combos with ~all retal items outside of warborn and all the retal devos. works pretty well :slight_smile:

You guys taking Oleron’s Wrath instead of Divine Mandate when build already has so much OA and Judicators on top of it should be charged with criminal offense or something. Especially when build has 14% slow resist.

Thus spoke the KGB.

So you say there’s OAful lot of this perticular stat? :stuck_out_tongue:

So you say there’s OAful lot of this perticular stat? :stuck_out_tongue:

So i took your advices and done something like this,thoughts?

GT

Yeah. I didn’t know beronath reforged was a shield. :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RZR00zK2

Attack speed is too low. EoR hits faster with AS.

Also, change the medal to korvaak’s something.

You can convert the flat lightning to physical, and it adds +3 to like Soulfire.

Is the Righteous fervor really worth it? Because when you keep increasing/maintaing stack, you are not spinning. That’s why i didn’t put it there.

This is what I would do. https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YNnjjXGN

RF = Savagery. It is always worth it. The armor and DA alone is worth it.

EDIT: About 10% more damage, and 18% more RR + better AS.

I also went ham on cunning

2nd EDIT: Made some changes. I’m actually rather curious to see how this guy will perform now. Might GDstash one tomorrow.