[1.1.1.2-1.1.6.2] Beginner's vitality Ravenous Earth Oppressor with leveling guide

That’s corrected now, thanks for noticing!

What’s your devotion binding configuration you suggest?

Idk what was I thinking :sweat_smile:

wendigo on judgment and bat on guardians?

2 Likes

Or bat on RE and Rattosh on Guardians. I know RE is a good rattosh proccer, but it also is an insane bat proccer aswell.

Guess it depends what one values more

@Nery sorry to bother again :wink: I noticed no component in belt https://www.grimtools.com/calc/D2pB8OyZ perhaps molten skin for fire res overcap?

Just a question from newbie player , why only Vitality ? when most of the main skills does Vitality , Poison and Acid … why can’t we build Posion and acid too along with the Vitality Dmg ?

Ravenous earth has some poison damage, and it is very low damage compared to the vitality damage. And second, in grim dawn you wanna focus on ONE damage type since it will be hard to get both +%damage and resistance reductions for more than one damage type.

1 Like

didn’t know , thanks <3

2 Likes

Hi,

informative and thorough.

is it still viable?

cheers!

1 Like

Sure, leveling Oppressor with Ravenous Earrh should still be good. Guide is little older and Oppressor is little bit more gear dependent than Conjurer.

So for Dark One set I recommend Conjurer(I have more up to date guide) or Ritualist. But if you want Oppressor, this guide should be helpful.

1 Like

Hi, thank you for this guide! I am new to this game and have been following so far until level 80. I just realized that the Devotion points in your Grimtools build level 84 look totally different from mine, although I followed every single step in the guide. For example, Grimtools has points allocated in Tortoise, Lion, Vulture and Eel but no Revenant or Wendigo. Should I juggle things around until my Devotion looks like the one in Grimtools?

I am not sure what’s the problem but if you mean the leveling guide differs from budget build, then the route is the one in devotions section, cause it’s newer/up to date.

Hey, Nery. I cannot understand one thing. There is a lots of different damage types, how do you converts everything to vitality? I can see part of physical, part of fire, part of chaos conversion, but in GT in character stats there is full vitality… feel myself little bit dumb, 'cause i am sure the answer is really obvious…

If you look closely the build all the gear, RR skills and devotions point to vitality damage. On end game builds you usually end up with tons of gear with conversion. On budget builds not always the case, so you focus on the vitality side of things, especially Ravenous Earth and neglecting other damage (acid in this case) Build don’t deal physical or fire, if you mean Judgement it’s purely for DA shred and also can proc stuff.

O, i see. I’ll check endgame builds to see how it works. TY and have a nice Day)

1 Like

Sooooooo hi again, Nery, and once again many thanx for your work for beginners. For the Last 2 weeks tries a lot of different builds, while searching one that fits my style. And this one is awesome. Now i only have question about spells, which i should link to constellation procs. In GT link there is different devotion way, unlike those wich i Can see in guide, so i am a little bit confused.

And also, guys, you always mentioning malawiglenn guides, so is there any opportunity to see this treasure?

1 Like

Devotion procs depend on which level you are and exactly which devotions you have.

But specific bindings are also personal preference. Ravenous Earth is your best procer. Starting with Bat put it on, later you can switch it to Rattosh, usually - resistance reduction devotion takes priority. Bat will be decently triggered by Vire or Judgment at decent level.

Passive devotions like Ghoul or Scales should go on permanent aura like Virtue or Spectral Binding and not on Resilience.

As Glenn, his guides were deleted. Very good of course but even if you find PDF version, it will be outdated. For beginners guides, other than mines check Stupid Dragons’. If you’re into pets - Maya.

1 Like

Is it because RE hits with many charges?

Yes. Each fragment of RE have separate chance to trigger devotions. That’s try for any projectile/fragment based attack. Canister is also good procer for instance. Other skills for nice procing are spread based like Pain and Aether corruption from component.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, man. Nice to see people so friendly here, an also all of this damn cool guides)

1 Like