[1.1.1.2] Demonslayer WH revamped - 350k dps leech tank (SR 80, Naked crucible, 17s Dummy killtime)

Yes, I’m using the transmuter as can be seen in the attachment below. It’s 12.5K at the moment (making some changes to components and augments now).

That’s normal, here’s mine:

The damage is per blade not for the full number of blades thrown with each cast, nor adjusted for cast speed. The DPS counter in the first panel on the character panel is your DPS per blade x cast speed, just multiply that value by total number of blades for the full DPS.

That makes sense, thank you! Mine is 30k (PB DPS). Feels strong, just need to optimize the defence now. Still getting close calls on reflect mobs @ 45% reflect resist. I wonder if it’s capped at 80% like all other resistances or can go higher?

So Mr. Spanks, considering both the %conversion nerf to the good old Riftwarped Grasp and the nicely rolled pair of Korvan Pauldrons I happened to find, should I now swap my relic for Serenity? :see_no_evil:

Anyone try out PB after the recent patch. Thinking about making either a PB why or reaper, have the changes affected it much?

Here’s my Demonslayer Reaper at 1.1.4.0 [1.1.4.0] The Undead Shinobi of Cairn - PB Reaper, Gladiator in ~ 6 minutes

Thank you! I will check it out and start leveling. Hopefully GT is working this weekend!

Im just wondering how you acquired anough spirit to equip the offhand. Not seeing where it all comes from on your grimtools. I hit lvl 94 and i am only in the 600’s spirit wise. Does the rest of it come from the reaper pants? I am currently using a death effigy because i cannot equip the m grasp of the dead.

You might have to take a few points out of physique & put them into spirit to equip your off-hand, depending on what kind of pants you use.

This is because they are the biggest source of spirit on this build with their ‘of Psyche’ suffix. However:

Since everybody drops different affix combinations on his MIs, you will have to adjust some of your other stuff according to what you can get on your best-fitting version of the pants.

Apart from fixing your resists (as spanks said above), the ideal second stat you want on there is defensive ability (you want, at an absolute minimum, 2750+ DA). The ‘of Psyche’ suffix really just lets spanks dump a ton of additional attribute points into phys to get more DA/life.

Great alternatives to this suffix are e.g. ‘of Protection’ or ‘of Fortitude’ to make up for the points you have to move from phys to spirit; but a great deal of green affix combos can get you awesome resists + some DA, too.

Just remember to always only fulful the minimum spirit requirements of your off-hand (724) and dump all remaining points into physique. Use a Tonic of Reshaping if your gear & stuff changes.

Edit: in case your pants aren’t actually your issue: check if you have a Seal of Annihilation on your amulet & compare your devotion path for possible deviations. Those are usually big sources of spirit, too.

Thanks for the tips. I might have to dump some points into spirit. I have the same devo path and a seal of annihilaltion in ammy, plus i do not have myth belt yet. So ill dump into spirit until i can farm some decent pants and get the belt, also missing shoulders too, but they are not a spirit item.

Could someone pls update to 1.1.5.
Is it still op?

Vitality PB was nerfed few times and in the last patch Blade spirits part of Demonslayer set was toned down. But PB is doing nice spread damage and vitality caster is strong archetype, so build should still be good!

Nah, I’m a failure of a pilot. :smiley: I’m struggling to reach SR50 with builds that others use to farm SR75. Zantai have no mercy when judging builds by the results of top pilots.

Since I’ve already leveled this toon to 70 few moths ago, I suppose I’ll better respec it to smth else that still in trend and yet overnerfed.

Sort of, but you need to be a lot more on your toes as otherwise you will die. And as per usual the best place to position yourself for best dps is right fudging in front of the boss. Which I forgot to do in the Heretic’s Tomb and died 2 times. But otherwise it still carves most things to shreds provided you remember to hit the “oh-shit” button that is Blade Barrier.

Current experience with patch 1.1.6.2:

FG content - you will die if you don’t use your brain in Tomb of the Heretic, mainly the optional chest room (kill Scions asap, then other heroes, retreat from pools), and facing Korvaak or Kaisen otherwise you delete everything. With Kaisen you want to draw them away from their summoned crystals and pop some resistance pots. However with Morgoneth you can delete them by getting in their face and spam knives at them and is relatively straightforward.

AoM content - Mostly delete everything bar Kra’vell easily, while Gargabol requires avoiding the fissures and flame jets. Nemesi will fall to you mostly straightforward as long as you avoid their most dangerous attacks, especially Alex’s meteor since with 13K health you aren’t tanky.

Main Game - steeeeeeeeeamroll - you are pretty much unstoppable, everything falls at your feet, flayed by your knives, flensed by the blade spirits or have the very life eaten from them via bloody pox. Nemesi can be handled without resistance pots, Rouge-like superbosses just require resistance pots and the only boss you need worry about is the Mad Queen on her red phase.

As for the celestial’s:

Mog - killed, takes ages, you will die easily if you do what I did and not swap out some stuff to make you more resistant to lightening.

Lokarr - once you get used to his attacks, you can kill him, need +health pot, energy regen and load up on resistance pots. Can spawn with weapons that make him near impossible, but usually he can be killed as my stuff-to-the-brim stash once attested to.

Ravager - haven’t tried yet, his high vitality resist makes him hard to kill with without needing other gear to reduce his resistances more. Probably easier with the Reaper version of this build due to it’s better survivability and innate hit-me-and-be-debuffed skill.

Callagadra - 136% vitality resist and hits harder than Ravager. nope.gif

Crate Entertainment - Possibly, spam like nature of PB + blade spirits makes it hard to not kill the fluffing crates and not end up drowned in them.

Does Solaels Witchfire apply to PB? Or is it just the %-increase to vitality dmg & decay that matters?

Do you guys have any tipps for energy regeneration/handling? I’m very afraid of putting any points in PB, but still have problems keeping up (i guess the eel (devotion) helps alot?)

Hi and welcome to the forum!

• Solael %vitality damage is added to all of your skills and procs, not just PB.

• Energy regeneration leveling: You’re better investing more points NOT in PB but to it’s secondary nodes. Also look for gear with “of insight” suffix. Energy components like Ectoplasm and Mark of Illusions might help you.

• End game you can select devotions that boost energy regeneration, augments like Arcanum Dust and more points in Spirit.

Hope this is helpful. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The PB Witch Hunter is still strong, I am playing with a 127% RR build setup and it wrecks the crucible and with some tweakings (extra physical resistance from components / devotions) performs nicely in SR too.

This is the gear / skill / devotion setup I am running atm, updated to the current patch. Necrosis relic is super strong on tough targets. Undying oath and hallowed ground on chest are used because I like to mantain positive health regen while DG is active, Dark One’s gloves for the nice DR on pox. Imbued Silver on the gun for faster Grava. Consecrated + Of Kings should be the BIS combo on boots, but after thousands of crafts I still have to see that one. Last thing, I love playing with 10/10 CoF for the huge radius and duration. It’s a big QoL in all content, and too good to pass for me.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lV7lj7OZ

1 Like

Update on Morgoneth in 1.1.6.2 - died twice to him, since on the skills he has either nerfed my damage output or gave him damage absorption. So if that happens while facing him, withdrawl via teleport etc and pop Blade Barrier if need be, then attack the shade he summons until it dies at your hands and proceed back to face tanking him. He should then die easily, but if he summons tentacles, kill them asap.

I just suck down energy pots when need be, usually the drop rate for them’s such that you end up with more than enough energy pots. But in Shattered Realm, you’re best to carry 3-4 stacks of them where as Crucible, I think 2 stacks usually does a 10 round interval nicely. Also you can save some energy via getting enemies to go in a line/group so your PB’s going through many of them.