[1.1.1.2] Duel of Savage Totemists - Ludrigan and Stormreaver vindicators comparison

I was gonna ask if mortars are cheating :p.

I think you can do it with infernal knight +2 sigils ?

Alright, alright… Added to op: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/62a9L8E2 :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t know. It’s less than 300/s. For a horseload of points that aren’t there…

I don’t have monopoly on hybrids, you know :wink: But seriously, I’ve been waiting for a good mortar purifier since Spanks’ shieldbreaker.

I like the polish you put onto Ludrigan build. Thorough guide, great job!

How about full offensive Crucible setup that looks like this?

I just added a setup with ultos and cindertouch a few posts ago. I don’t like the loss of 1.5k health and 250 armor but ok. Hard to argue with Ultos shoulders. Pants, ok, I hate those Bileclaw little crabs and their disrupt, too. But the boots? 15% more stun res at the cost of terrify, no health, no useful res, no useful proc. Stormtitans are BiS on 95% lightning non-Devil builds. I’d rather drop the crystal on the helmet for leathery hide.

Boots are mainly for DA. I think since it’s a full damage spec you can drop them for Stormtitans. Terrify shouldn’t be bad on a ranged build with a lot of totems.

Point of my link is get 3 Skyshards augments for moar damach

Why 2 luggardian instead of daggalon as second gun ? https://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2M5d542

Those 3 guns: Ludrigan, Dagallon and Exonerator are very close. Ludrigan got best attack speed and some cdr. Dagallon in main hand would be best for aa and proc dmg but speed is tragic. Exonerator got balanced speed (cast speed is also important) and a very good stat: chance for massive electrocute, but it’s a physical gun and global phys to lightning is less than 30% here.

As far as I tested these 3 guns can be swapped without much impact on general performance. Ludrigan got me best Crucible performace due to slightly easier uptime of all 5 totems (but you can have 5 all the time with any gun, with Ludrigan it’s just slightly easier).

For max WPS I’d probably do sth like this maybe https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4ZDRo6k2

Stormreaver got additional +Skill on Inquisitor, but in total the lightning damage of storm box and the bonus damage on light defender for storm box got reduced. So is it worth to keep stormbox in the build then? For the rings i would go for the storm witch, even without the storm box

It depends of what you wanna achieve with the build. If you want consistent deep shards then double Storm Seals. If you wanna try your hand at crucible record running then still double Storm Witch or with one Time-Flux/Kephlat and max the Box. If you wanna facetank some Celestials then maybe max the Seal with a combination of Kephlat and Storm Seal.

Honestly, though, the difference is so small than it gets lost in rng and variance.

The +1 to inquisitor on Stormreaver - except the fact that the overall strongest weapon in the game actually got buffed lol - is nothing to get too excited about. Those few extra points don’t break the game but they sure help get some peripheral stats like from Oak Skin.

Box got bitch’ed but so does a million things every patch.

Here’s, if I may say so, a pretty well polished all-rounder do-it-all setup with still very respectable dmg for 1.4.0.0: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/vNQdMLnZ. For maxing crucible lose the Seal and get more Maelstrom or Tether, get double Sanctified Bone, etc. EDIT: Wrong, BiS now are Wyrmscale Footpads. Korvaak medal with Aetherbolt Pendant should also increase DPS over Savagery/Totem focus with Direwolf medal and the conduit.

Currently leveling fresh after a long hiatus and chose to go with this build. Just finished elite AoM, about to start elite FG. So far its been good if not great. DPS is there and I rarely die.

Character currently : https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lNk8rw42

Any suggestions/corrections?

You gotta focus more or resistances. Use armor augments.

At this point you wanna prioritize RR (resistance reduction) over other ways to increase DPS. So first softcap Raging Tempest. Your medal is absolutely useless. An Impervious any medal of anything would be better.

some attack speed might be good to have too, cosecrated wrappings in gloves, perhaps hunting a new weapon that has attack speed suffix like “charged … of alacrity”

One can powershop those weapons from the secret vendor in blood grove. Place rift next to that vendor, go to homestead and visit vigil/kymon vendor and Ishah (how dafuq you spell his name) then go back to blood grove vendor. Repeat. This is faster than actually farming for it.

Hey, Attuned Lodestone is not so bad for lightning if you don’t need the resistances from Tainted Heart (which is never but still… I never used that component in endgame).

I’d get busy farming reputation for Coven, Black Legion and Dreeg. You’ll need that augments soon (chaos/acid from Dreeg and pierce/acid from Legion). Coven lightning gear is best from all the factions (am I right, @malawiglenn?) especially the rings and the chest. Also, where does the Ugdenbog Leather blueprint drop? Random? Anyway, you’ll need it most from all the endgame components. You can already start farming Ugdenblooms in advance.

I think he should be fine with the component blueprints, since he is not completely new to the game?
But I got all component blueprints in 50 hours of game play in the fresh start: rogue-like dungeon chests, treasure troves, aspirant crucible drops a ton of blueprints.

I have a list of faction gear in my Warder guide for beginners, just by doing more or less that build with vidicator will get one very far, especially with a good troll mace.

Fettan mask is nice for the free +1 skills, Coven Storm/sky seal rings, Bysmiel Mark of storms medal, Elite Coven Combatant chestguard, Elite Coven Warder Spaulders, Coven’s Skyshard ring/amulet augment, potent Malmouth heart weapon augment.

Crafting ancestor or vendetta is also a good idea to do or just wait and craft eye of the storm (its level 70 relic so he can wear that now actually.

Any updates for tis build? The stormreaverr.

Yeah, search for “OL’ REAVER” thread.

Thanks!!!

Thanks. /10