[1.1.1.2] Physical Retal Stoneguard Warlord - SR 85++

Ok then I’d also use a 10 point Vire for when you need to soften up some foes.

RF+Smite/shatter is really good but having started in ultimate personally with RF builds, i’d imagine Vire helps in elite too.

You will level really fast. you can start getting intu the whole retal fantasy once you get messenger of War devo. Then you can grow into retal

sweet many thanks man :smiley:

nice been waiting for this since it 1st went up last week and then disappeared :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes it was…Magic

Very nice build !

how would you go about attribute allocation? :slight_smile:

So, I’m waiting till retaliation gets a huge kick into its ass. :slight_smile:

For the mot part, if you are confident in what you are doing and are not HC you can go 1 phys/1 cunning

Later on you decide if you want more cunning than phys or vice versa. I have 40 cunning and stopped there for 3K DA with buffs up

Like I said, that’s easy to do, harder is to balance. Phys retal was almost on track with performance right before all retal was converted. The conversion made things clean but also gave it a huge boost.

It’s all about the weed, I’m telling you. Crate gave some weed to retaliation damage and, poof, everything’s insane. :stuck_out_tongue:

I kinda understand why crate do that, as it will make conversion easier for other skill that had %retal added to atk.

But honestly, the crazy performance of current phys hybrid retal discourages me from making other traditional build that doesn’t involve retal. Clearly something need to be done.

Anyway fluff, How’s the AoE of this build? I am waiting for a gameplay video… :stuck_out_tongue:

Well hellborne sucks for what it;s worth, and it was one of my main contenders for posting:) Sentinel with seintinel set needs work. Dmg sucks and mods seem incomplete. They said they will fix it after public launch. Dreegal, also a build i wanted to post where judgement feels great but it;s a wone trick pony that can’t really kill bosses that well.

So you see It’s a tug of war between phys builds where conversion strongly favored them cause they have have favorable mods and synergy and others like the ones mentioned above that just need to be finished. Both should meet half way

AoE is great. All 3 WPS are AoE and 2 of them have retal mods too. There is CS/ Anvil and Boar.

I also Strongly recommend using Honor. At the moment it’s 5x 33% retal at close rance and 2x or 1x33% vs enemies in a huge cone

So aside from physical what’s the only strong retal build? Perdition? Cause i tried that and while damage is indeed crazy I find aegis very clunky. I wish it could be casted without a target.

Yes Acid Aegis is strong. But i only did it with edit: Feverd Rage sry :smiley: so not much SR. Was getting over 500K crits so up there with Virtue. Lot Dots but things die when they touch you too so that’s fair

Lightning is also strong

I have two acid builds that perform very well. I also have a chaos hybrid retal build that has decent performance.

I suggested some ways to tone down physical retal awhile back without overall nerfing all retal builds…
But who knows.

But Sentinel Vire retal is:cry: I can understand Warlord acid is good but…

Regardless, something needs to be done. Perhaps I’m just speaking for just myself as a fellow theorycrafter, but it’s gotten to a point where it feels (to me at least) rather unrewarding to craft any build which isn’t a warlord, or which doesn’t abuse ret damage.

Though, that could be my inadequacy speaking.

Hey Fluff, awesome build and thanks for explaining about how to level it and how WPS work with it. Really hope that the future tweaks to retal mechanics will keep things balanced, overall. And have other damage types compete with physical retal (including fire retal, i’d really like to see that happening).

I did try sentinel in 75 and i have difficulty clicking accurately for aegis throws. Even when I ditched RF for more fluid gameplay it was still clunky. Got 600k crits really, without fevered rage, tho I’m not sure if it was aegis since i think retal damage can be included in greatest damage dealt.

How good is lightning. Tried to theorycraft a vindicator but it feels too rng cause most lightning retal sources are 1-x . Lower bound is just too low.

VM Templar is very rewarding :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess, but you know what I mean. I think part of the fun is coming up with creative ways to hit a certain (admittedly arbitrarily) defined bench mark.

For crucible, it was 6minutes. For SR, I’d like to say it’s 80+. And not many builds can do that.

P.S: Can one of the vets here who’ve done a ret build have a go at writing out a list of ‘must-have’s’ for my devotion guide? I don’t want to spread misinformation, something I’ve been known to do on occasion.