[1.1.1.2] Physical Retal Stoneguard Warlord - SR 85++

I’ts not unrewarding lol.

I have tons of builds that do well really. Warlord just needs less dmg. And as said above, plenty of ret builds are mediocre, so retal thing is not endemic

Only SR 85?

I’m disappointed. All these years you spent in my boot camp were for naught. :furious:

Well, You need a loot of time on your hands to boast SR 90+

Not to mention people don’t show chunk fights so you can kinda pick your fights.

I’d have to leave my PC open 24 hrs to start one day after work and finish another. If a build can do SR 75 well, it’s safe to assume what it can do farther than that or Crucible.

BtW my Belgo slaughters your crucible in 5:35 seconds. So see you this evening;)

Hey Superfluff,

Amazing looking build, just levelling now and just have one question regarding your devotions: How are you getting over to Obelisk of Menhir?

Can’t work out the order to grab all the devotions you have in the posted build.

Thanks
Thaeyn

Hmmm, where are you having problems? Leave ulzaad and targo at the end and buy back crossroads you don’t need

Thank you Fluff for sharing your build and also big thanks for answering questions. Players like you are why I enjoy playing this game.

Would you change anything about this build for HC?

Thank you.

Depends where you want to take it. In MC I can’t imagine having any issues no matter what. Crucible the Same.

But if you do SR. You could pump more Physique and perhaps invest in Warcry for enemy dmg reduction.

The proc on Dawnshard shoulders becomes redundant but it’s still very good.

If you use Green rings like mine the left one can be of Dranghoul in stead of “Attack”.

Be weary of Aleks meteors with teleport

I’m wondering if part of rebalancing retaliation might be making it so RDatA isn’t immune to reflect. It seems cheap to be outputting that much damage and not having to worry about reflective mobs.

I think in SR mobs do not reflect…yet.

Don’t worry too much about damage as the build will receive a pretty consistent nerf foscused on phys retal specifically.

I will postpone the video until the patch arrives

I’m also just going to leave this one here as well.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/eZPaQPmN

Try to compare the stats.

Let’s start with the advantages of yours.

• Slightly higher raw retal damage
  • Much higher DA(this reduces your dps).
  • Got an aoe ability on your relic(but you didn’t get the one for judgment?)
  • Unreliable shoulder proc for bit reduced damage(one can just use augment for rings if one wants this reliably)

Mine:

• Much greater attack speed(and thus good deal better auto dps) - and could get 5-10% more if i wanted epeen flashy stats rather than just best for play
  • few % better resistance penetration
  • Far better oa(yours is so low it becomes problematic to effectively apply assassin’s mark, and forces you to use dps-reducing judgment skill).
  • Regen, yours has almost zero mine has 1k with just passives and up to 2.8k in combat which is massive on this type of build.
  • Able to block far more attacks(better chance + nearly full uptime 100% reduced recovery) without periods of high risk in lack of block cooldown uptime.

Why are you in every warlord retaliation thread trying to push your build as some ultimate min-maxed retaliation warlord? I’ve tried your build and i wasn’t impressed. Died trying to facetank ravager and naked crucible 150-170 run was over 9mins. Paperstats don’t really mean much

So Retaliation is gonna be made completely worthless again?

Congrats ! It’s amazing :slight_smile:

If there’s an incoming video for the next patch then it’s surely not worthless

Good for you, petling.

I post where there is any chance someone might improve my build or to find out that i was right. And this is not the 100% block build i posted, that was posted before i could playtest it, this is a far more offensive build.

Sadly nearly everyone on these grim dawn forums simply post arguments like this “i am right” - why? “because it serves me good”. Then proceed to get uptight if you don’t agree with their unreasoned argument. They can do this, but only a fool agrees like that. Barely do i even see math here, it’s like people have an aversion towards theorycrafting and just do it from feelings and trial and error. Not only that, but you band together and backpat each other like it’s the right way, as only a small community can. Precise knowledge is a requirement for optimal theorycrafting which you might learn if you take it far enough.

I try every single attempt at retaliation build anyone posts, the only thing i’m missing to test here is if it has a good impact to use the relic main dude is using, and how much i want to overcap aether and chaos. The other stats are directly superior. And even if i adjusted those things, stats would still be better on the other side!

You seem to have your mind made up and very confident in your build, not really looking for feedback but i’ll try nevertheless, just once:)

a couple of corrections to your points:

1. My raw retal is higher using honor. Your GT has Absolution bonus whcih is significant while it lasts. However Honor Blasts nemses really well with 5x33% retal to attack projectiles and also blast AoE. After so much testing on this build I will stick with honor.

2. If my OA is questionable then your DA shred is questionable too if you wanna put it like that. I chose more DA and DA sherd from judgment in AoE on demand. Seems i just get more DA with same OA really. DA shred works really well in SR btw

3. Regen. You have regen cause you want it. I have Boar and ulzaad kill faster and lifesteal more and more armor. Seems like a good deal

4. Block and recovery. You chose Absolution I didn’t cause I like to shotgun enemies and kill fast. And AoE vs mobs which you kinda lack.

5. You have 1000 Less armor

6. You have 18% less phys resist

No, on the contrary. The nerfs target specific phys retal while trying to improve some otehr types of retal that are a bot lacking. Flat phys retal items shouldn’t be a placeholder for every retal item in the game.

And pyhs retal will take a hit. How hard we’ll see. If it’s too hard we riot :)…or not. Everyone is on a crusade vs retal now but really, I expect some people will give feedback

Seems you just lashed out blindly without reading my post. I tested the build you posted in this thread. Again, It was nothing special like what you keep saying everywhere.

Literally just playing the victim card at this point.

I’ve testing enough builds to realize that theorycrafting, math and using grimtool paperstats can only take you so far before you actually have to test it in game to see actual performance. Many times do i see people arguing over choices in builds instead of just testing them. I do the opposite, i test them rather than discuss theory.

See above, stats aren’t everything. Once you test enough builds you realize that small minuscule changes don’t really affect a build as much as you seem to think.

Grow up.

Apologize superfluff. I won’t press this any further. I just hate people like this dude.

What do you mean just once, i incorporated every single advice that made sense anyone posted including things you posted. I think the only thing i ended up throwing away from advices was judgment. You guys seriously assume so much shit and disrespect me but you fail to pay attention to what actually happens.

My flow of talking with you is like this. I suggest why i think somethin is better, you normally respond with something like i think this is better and sometimes a argument sometimes not. Then when i respond, no i don’t think so because “bla bla” you go… omg you don’t believe me omg i don’t talk anymore youre such a fool. How do you expect to go on in life with this attitude of can’t discuss? And then expect to be taken much serious while at the same time acting disrespectful with posts full of shadeful comments.

This fucking community man.

1. I’ll definitely test honor if i can get my hands on it, sounds interesting if the massive defenses from absolution aren’t needed.

2. My DA is set where i desire it exactly i used to be on over 4k. I can easily swap in more DA and convert cunning to physique should i want. Retaliation build, still a huge chunk of your damage comes from direct retaliation damage and block procs, which are directly reduced according to additional avoidance gained from DA. Also monsters barely get more average damage past 100 PTH. Your OA is questionable though, you won’t have any realiable uptime on assassin’s mark.

3. Yes i have regen because it is very strong for a build like this. You have two mediocre devotions instead of a extremely powerful build feature, the whole of boar is just not very good, ulzuin’s is bad uptime(and btw the main reason for your inflated armor when you click on all buffs). But also, no you don’t lifesteal more.

4. It’s not just absolution, even during overguard i am able to block far more. Block stats have increased returns the closer you come to 100% values.

5. See 3 and 6.

6. Phys isn’t what is threatening to this build - nearly all build features already counter phys and block rather overrules it. You have sacrificed a lot to get shoulders and gloves which are mediocre items with phys resist. And 5% lifeleech also sacrificed.

Speaking of devotions, you don’t take good usage from shield wall and have to proc it using movement ability(taking time), as well as the mediocre optime on ulzaad’s requires you to keep using this dps-lowering ability that is judgment. You say you can use it on demand, but anytime you aren’t using it, you get zero use from it, and anytime you are using it you take what feels somewhere between 0.5-1s cast time every 5 sec resulting in 10-20% autoattack dps loss for oa increase that gives around 1% dps increase, but you need it because your oa is too low to effectively use assassin’s mark without. I still sitting on much greater ias also.

That’s funny seeing as i don’t have the same problems that you claim. Let’s call you on this, show me which one you tested. It can’t have been this one since i didn’t post this anywhere before and you replied right after. So who really can’t read. You might also want to pop consumerables matching ultra boss you are fighting or can take hugely increased damage you know. Specifically for ravager you might want to swap a bit more DA in. That crit damage on him can get nasty if he is allowed some 10%+ crit chance.

Also, you aren’t being a nice dude youre just an agent of the matrix. Look at you, i don’t know you, and you don’t know the first thing about me.

And yet, here you are, attacking me and saying you hate me for posting a neutral comparison between two builds(without even claiming mine is better, just raw neutrally trying to compare and what you probably can’t fathom is i am completely open to learning and that mine should not be the best, in fact i don’t expect to make the “best” build in meta eyes i just want the best for me, most relaxing to play).

Nice one dude. I’m really impressed. This community really impresses me.