[1.1.1.2] Physical Retal Stoneguard Warlord - SR 85++

I said just once depending on what the attitude I see actually is. If you wanna exchange advice that’s cool. If not then i’m out. That’s all:)

We’ve had lots of …incidents on the forum and people are weary of them

Having read what you wrote i’ll say again that you seem convinced so you can just assume your build is better. this is my version for whomever wishes to try it

Did i just read someone call Ulzaad mediocre? Please tell me i didn’t read that. One of the best devotions for all physical builds and it’s mediocre. And losing it for regen, posslbly the worst sustain in the game.

So it ends predictably as i just said, when you actually have to argue and quantifiy your ideas, you’re out. This is not discussion, it’s just “i am right”.

It’s cool, i can’t force you to do something you don’t want.

Have fun.

Have you looked at what it does for a retaliation build before talking? The two loose points in obelisk are better than the whole thing. It’s so bad, i could probably invest the points better in random resists on devotions and end up with better dps gain from shifting around items. And regen might suck on glass cannon builds like most meta builds but it’s quite strong for this build. I didn’t even aim for it, it just happened.

Did you actually tested that build ingame? You are comparing stats and nothing else. Actually test the build ingame and then come back with results.

And yes, Ulzaad is BiS for all physical builds. I have actually tested this, unlike you. And nope, regen still sucks as sustain and you need to stack an enormous amount to even feel the effect. And that means having to pick Occultist for Blood of Dreeg. 1k regen is absolutely nothing in the end.

I have yes, except some of the super bosses. And i don’t even own crucible i thought it’s a boring game mode.

But, you know ulzaad doesn’t have big mechanic changes to gameplay, and this doesn’t get much benefit from all the +phys of ulzaad. So you can easily calculate what returns best. Assuming it procs every 25 seconds, the only meaningful stats it gives are average 131 flat phys retal, 128 armor and 15 poison acid res.

What it is, and boar too, is remaining mediocre retal devotions picked because all the good ones were taken and no other better idea what to do with devotion points but to add a little bit bonuses. I spent hours trying to look at boar proc for example to see it makes a meaningful difference and it doesn’t it’s around 2/9 of the hammer proc and most of the time it’s wasted firing on some random crap.

As far as the regen goes, it’s pretty sick for a tanky build. Especially in general content. 1k is the base at all times, it can reach on 2.8k during procs. What it really means is that with 12sec cooldown healing rain will proc and heal 1-1.5 times your full health over 8 sec.

I mean, i’m not telling you to play my build, but i just refute nonsense arguments.

If you say twice less phys res does not matter or ulzaad or boar is mediocre and other things i don’t have any more time to mention there is not much more to talk about.

I don’t know what you are trying to prove.

Post your build if you believe it is special. The time and effort you put into contradicting players that know the game( i’m excluding myself here) you could put it to better use. I’d kindly ask you to stop contradicting all the time under the guise of asking feedback on my thread and then victimizing yourself when people don’t agree. Do it on your build thread where you can argue all the live long day

1 Like

“I am right, and if you don’t believe me based on faith then you are lost”.

Consider me lost good sir, coz only a fool would follow that.

Best advice. Post your build and no matter what we say you can always talk back with “That’s the way I like it, fuck you”. But don’t do it in this thread because it’s not you’re build. You’re not the one with the right to do that here. If you still wanna argue then pretty sure lots of people here would take the challenge.

I will leave you guys’ oh so precious thread after this comment. With great pleasure.

But what you are saying is complete nonsense, i leave after this because i don’t want to bother you - you clearly get upset when asked to argue for build choices.

The moment you post a build, is the moment you put it up for public scrutiny. But i didn’t come here saying, wow man your build it sucks look mine wow mine is so good. I came here very simply comparing them. I even provided a build link to see choices that seperated. And i’ve seen this op posting a few posts here and there, he does the same to others and he discusses best choices etc and seems to care about it. So ofc you can discuss that here as well. He even did it in my build thread. And even then, if i wanted i could post a comparison to mine and still tell you later screw you this is how i like my build.

You keep saying crap to defend your emotional responses, but everytime you speak nonsense and try to shoot me down with some cheapshots. Just like you did now. Among your emotional outbursts you’ve denied a lot of true arguments for making your build more effective. But i’ll just leave them behind maybe you will figure it out on your own when you theorycraft a little more.

Great build as always Fluff. I am eager to test it out. Will probably wait until after the ret nerf to see what kind of impact it will have before I give it a whirl. Spellbinder CDW nerf has now made me take this approach. (Not that the nerf wasn’t deserved, I just really enjoyed the build knowing that it would get nerfed and then had to adjust expectations afterwards).

Those two things seem to contradict each other. For the record, I didn’t read you other tread, nor did read your other responses in other threads. But in this case you didn’t relaly seem to “simply compare” the builds. Your initial post seemed innocent, but look at these things.

You don’t point out the negatives of an “advantages” section if you just wanna compare.

It’s best to wait. The Warlord hate train is real and nerfs are inbound so we shall see:D

I think the saltiness people are responding with is very understandable. I can’t recall a time when a dual mastery combination stood out this much as the warlord does.

EDIT: I wonder if crate can find the statistics on the proportion of players who are ‘main’ a warlord. Surely that’s a reasonable indicator of things?

I really like your builds and your patience to explain it (even if someone is as rude as Khaop here). :slight_smile:

Sent you a PM; perhaps when you have time you might give me some hints. :wink:

But… but… there’s no bleed on this Warlord. What happened to you?

Hmmm, I did some things differently on my retal warlord, but I dont get nearly as high of a tooltip dps as you do, its nearly 200k less, is that RF or something else showing the dps?
I did manage to beat callagadra after kiting when cooldowns are running in a bit under 10 minutes, but if I could somehow get more dps out of my character before they nerf the shit out of it, I would appreciate the help!

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/62aKJODZ

This is my current setup, shoulders are purely for resists since I dont have any good retal options available.

wonder if there is any leveling/devotion progression for this build

devotion pattern is straightforward. Leveling. take your pick

1. You want FG experience then Phys RF+shield WPS, Presence of virtue +guardians Debuff, Mandate and a bit of crushing Verdict debuff
  2. Classc way. Cadence+ Blitz or Forcewave
  3. Adding to point one you can mix in Vire, it’s pretty good. In fact Vire destroys Veteran difficulty

I asked him about Bleed Warlord but I have no clue about soldier mastery/shield builds. :smiley:

I tried this build exactly as you have it and my goodness it’s ridiculous. It makes anything under SR80 really easy, except grava’thul and aleksander who really tear this char to pieces :smiley:

Still very easy to overcome given how much time you have on the clock before chunk 4. Chunks 1-3 I would just rush in, gather a huge cluster of mobs teleport in the middle, do the rotations and stuff would just melt. I would finish SR 70-80 with 8-10 minutes left on the clock for each. I finished an SR76 with 12 min left on the clock. I couldnt even get 12 min on much lower SRs with some of my other chars.

It really feels OP. Is there a nerf for sure coming on retal or is that speculative? I’d like to see other builds buffed to this level rather than nerf this particular build. It’s fun to be this kickass. I’m struggling for instance to get my purifier to even SR50. Some builds just can’t get very far, and I’m not even talking about the weird combos.

Great job on this build, very well thought out.