[1.1.1.2] Tenebris' Chaos Spin - Chaos EoR/DB Sentinel (c+) (sr45)

(all permabuffs + ascension, no resilience)

INTRODUCTION

This concept was widely discussed in the theorycrafting thread (most notably by Valinov, here is his very impressive thorycraft) and already posted by Telkine here. However I decided to post it again with a no-green setup. Why? Because this is one hell of a build. One of the hardest builds to pilot I ever tested. Lacking in every aspect - as if Crate never really meant for anyone to actually put it together. Challenging. Demands focus, good command of your skills and a even little bit of strategizing. But when everything is executed perfectly it has a very good dmg potential. Because of that - to me - it’s true definition of fun.

Everyone wants a piece of EoR. So they can go Cyclonefor absolute top-tierness where Devils do most the work and EoR is just a glorified heal. They can revel in neverdying with a warlord (till it lasts). They can go fire paladin that I don’t really know much about. Or they can go for the least supported dmg type with the most limitations to the gameplay and still kick ass! (Aether Solaire helmet EoR should be even worse than this but I don’t think any asses can be kicked with Solaire…)

Also, thx to Sir Spanksalot for some ideas.

BUILD PROFILE and GAMEPLAY

This build is a low-to-mid-tier Crucible farmer and a main game spec. It can do shards in the 30’ and 40’ but due to energy issues even the best pilots would have trouble getting much further. It is possible to get around the energy issues (gt below) but the cost to core stats and general performance is too high.

The gameplay revolves around executing debuffs from afar, choosing the right moment to roll in and blinking out when necessary to repeat the process. The build can be tweaked to accommodate for personal preferences so let’s get to that already.

DEFAULT SETUP (GT here)

4b/vb Crucible 7:38

This setup is achieves the highest dmg without going green. It boasts consistent proccing of 3 very powerful devotions: Fiend, Eye and Korvaak. It relies on Time Dilation to reset cooldowns to Hundering Void, Ascension and Blood of Dreeg.

FERVOR. Because using Fervor can be tricky, it only has it for occasional support. With good rolls attack speed should be almost capped without Consecration thanks to Mogdrogen’s Ardor (I got 198% with my rolls). The risky always-on-edge playstyle prohibits consistent use of Fervor especially when it’s really needed.

TWEAKS.

• Serenity and Mog are interchangeable here. It’s mostly about getting +1 to oathkeeper and something extra. Mog’s got attack speed and more health. Serenity’s got more res, energy and a circuit breaker.
  • Side nodes of Korvaak and points in Jackal can be moved to Ghoul for extra survivabilty at the cost of oa and attack speed. Fervor would have to be used more regularly for capping attack speed (very important for EoR).
  • Enchanted Earth on the boots can be replaced by Spellscourge Plating if rolls on elemental res aren’t generous.
  • I tried to make this work with Sash of the Bloodlord for full fire to chaos conversion but failed. Neither breaking down 3pc Rah’Zin nor letting Severed Faith chestpiece go turned out to be viable.

GDStasher’s SETUP (GT here)

Inspired heavily by Valinov’s theorycraft. This should hit HEAVY but regular use of Fervor is required and it’s even shorter on energy.

Wanna-be Shard Farmer Setup (GT here)

On one hand, this maybe should have been the default setup of this write-up as it’s more versatile due to solved energy problems. One the other hands, this setup tries to do everything and ends up being good at nothing. Gotta face the truth, Tenebris - or imo any EoR build not supported by third party dmg source (I mean Devils) OR BEING A WARLORD - is never gonna go deep in the Shards. Would love to be proved wrong.

BUT If you can’t get over energy issues by more careful piloting then this is the answer.

THX FOR READING. ALL COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS WELCOME.

Nice to see you finally posting it ya slowpoke. BTW, physical EoR is bonkers too

Nice build(s) as always

Q: serenity relic is not used since mogdrogen gives speed right?

Here is a cool song to go with it

//youtu.be/cRE0R_SZACk

imo any EoR build not supported by third party dmg source (I mean Devils) - is never gonna go deep in the Shards. Would love to be proved wrong.

#ChallengeAccepted

Don’t do warlord. That’s the challenge.

warlord is not the best for WB eor anyway

I would say sentinel is the best for WB EoR

eh? damage wise I’d go Oppressor (lower RR but huge flat dmg with gladiator belt. Also decay and MoT for defense), and defense wise you can never go wrong with Warlord.

You can also make use of vit damage from second rite with glad’s belt. Less interruption to cast time + better vit res.

EDIT: I’m just biased towards the occultist. I also think that one of the biggest weaknesses to oppressor’s is the lack of a heal.

what flat vit dmg will be converted from necro with glad belt?
Soulfire already have dmg reduction, but sure one can get a bit more from decay.

You have to cast curse of frailty for rr though

Soul Harvest. And I didn’t know soulfire has dmg reduction :stuck_out_tongue:

Sure, just like how you’d have to cast warcry. NBD. As for the flat dmg? It’s found in soul harvest.

Anyhoo - challenges completed:

//youtu.be/RzUmKDhUdXg&tp

GD bugged out at 68 and crashed, and I’m too lazy to do another run, but you can see how easy it is.

Ah true, but then you have to stop and cast BH.

Hmm I am pretty sure Soulfire has “x% reduced targets damage” I might be wrong

I think the 3 viable dual masteries for WB EoR all have 1 EoR-interrupting spell.

1. CoF
  2. War cry
  3. BH

Thx. Serenity and Mog are interchangeable here. It’s mostly about getting +1 to oathkeeper and something extra. Mog’s got attack speed and more health. Serenity’s got more res, energy and the circuit breaker. I’ll update op with that, Thanks.

Right. Updating op.

Are you challenging me, mortal? CAN YOU NOT READ MY GAMER-TAG?

Such hubris shall not go unpunished.

Please leave the kinky non PG-13 stuff outside. Thank you for your co-operation.
Have a nice day and enjoy the AetherFire.

I’m theorycrafting a sentinel now for this new challenged (named ‘The Whirly Dirly’), and the deeper I’m getting into it, the less certain I am about the warlord not being top tier.

Problems I’m facing:

1. Right off the bat, I gave to give up my cunning dump for DA (that’s about +300% phys damage gone)

2. I need to get manticore (that limits devotion pathing)

3. I have to use gladiator’s belt (no more 26/16 soulfire)

Ergo - I think malawiglenn’s right about warlord being a top pick here.

You don’t. You’ll still have around equal RR with Warlord and Oppressor without Manticore. Don’t worry about that flat RR.

Touche. Regardless though, that last one pointer in soulfire is huge - 33 flat.

Oleron belt also has ~25 flat.

I’m not sure if glad’s distinction is worth it, especially given the fact that this damage is only partially converted to EoR.

EDIT: I also have ~5k hp less