[1.1.2.5] DW cold Infiltrator for beginners-build diary

Nery, this format is outstanding for new players like myself. I had just read a thread this morning (which you made an appearance in) that shared my feelings on the lack of early character detail a majority of the build guides lack - which are the details you have here. The gear progression, including examples of stat priorities and MI affixes, as well as class skill priorities and weights, are information that is often neglected.

4 Likes

Thanks,I appreciate your comment! If you have any questions,ask.

1 Like

have been really enjoying this build a lot. much appreciate the guide.
is the cadence build you have linked by veretragna still relevant and what to aim for for end game at this stage?

The cadence build is Blademaster, in the same thread you have the infiltrator version.

sorry, dont know all the skills yet. i mean more, is that build thread that is linked still the high end build to go for ultimately from the budget version?

You can find more infiltrators here Build Compendium X (Forgotten Gods) and this [1.1.2.5] Chillstrifes Infiltrator on medium budget-mostly blues is kinda like your “first goal” build

yes i am aware, also not what i was asking.

I didn’t know that, some are not aware of the build compendium :slight_smile: and you can see it this way, if a build is posted there its still “viable”.

I am not aware of any new item or change to veres 1.1.1.2 infiltrator.

Let me be more specific. Is the deathmarked inquis linked here still the end game goal for this?
Not is it viable, but is it still the main thing to aim for as i’m already running the budget version and looking to aim towards the high end version, just want to know if thats the one Nery recommends to go for still as the “final goal”

But i see now youve also been editing your comments with more info after my replies, so i take it thats a yes. Thank you

Perhaps someone is working on an updated version or not. Meanwhile, just the deathmarked infiltrator by vere as your “goal build”. Remember that the build was made with the limitation/restriction: “no green items” so perhaps one could make it a bit more powerful with some dope greens like Kuba pants for +3 Lethal assault, and some dope green boots for slow res. The reason why those two purple legs and boots were used is because they provide slow and stun res without the builder having to rely on fancy green affixes.

Thanks for the additional info, will keep that in mind!

you will get plenty of Kuba pants when you run Crucible, and you can craft tons of Stoneplate greaves

If you want to play cold Infiltrator,Deathmarked is way to go!

But note that pierce with Belgothian set is also viable alternative,so depends what items you’ll find.

Can you please explain why you chose kymon? Is there a bounty specific reward or something? I’m failing to see why kymon is chosen based from what they sell.

The best weapon for this build is Chillstrife.But in leveling or even game is usable Malkadar blade.

This sword is easy available,you need to kill Malkadar in a quest line for Kymon chosen.If you choose Death Vigil,he’s not possible enemy.Further if you already selected Inquisitor class,it’s natural to select Kymon :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info, i figured it was something like that. Much appreciated

Hi, i have recently started to play grim dawn, and cause i have had played diablo 2 , and path of exile a LOT, i knew that choosing the “wrong” build / champ at first = you wont have fun with the game, completly. (i also played d3, but d3 sux and does not count…)

I just wanted to give you the feedback, that i think this guide is very good and it helped me a lot to get into the game. And cause it is my absolute first champ (i dont know if i “fucked up” devotion, cause i did not understand it right at first, but time will tell. and i went to “ghoul” as first complete devotion (and only if you have all points in a specific devotion, you can use them or ? and can i unlearn devotion completly as all other lvl points ? sry for noob questions…), cause it felt “right” , plus it gives much more durability (i think “seal” would give enough durability ,too. but cause in risky situations i set it too late “ghoul” is automatic rescue…)

i dont know , why you get so less feedback, but i think a lot of players just “use” the guides, for example i made my account really in order to write you this comment…

So, thx a lot, without your guide the game wont be as good as it is right now. And cause i only can guess how much time and energy doing such a guide costs, thumps up. Really good work^^

(and i tried playing path of exile without any guide read before, so i can compete )

Greetings from Germany.

1 Like

yes you can, just visit the spirit guide :slight_smile:
also there is a potion that you can use to refund all deovotion points

ah, ok , ty ^^