[1.1.3.0 - 1.2.0.0] [S&B Hybrid] The Bottlemage - Spellscourge Battlemage [4:45 Crucible] [SR100] [All Celestials]

The Spellscourge shield allows it. It is an unlisted property of the item and allows the concept of the build to work.

Thanks for the great build and grats on its spot on the top 20 list. Haven’t played in a minute but I’m gonna start this one up this weekend.

I’m not sure I’m crazy about taking ghoul when you have turtle + access to crab and toad. I played around in GT a bit and came up with a few alternatives I’d love some input on from anyone really.

Empyrion Route
Oleron + Azrakaa
Block Heavy Maybe?

(Edit: only devos changed, would obviously tweak components/augments as needed)

hi!

I think this is the last variant I doodled in GT Battlemage, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.7) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator, dropped Ghoul in favour of Obelisk here.
(tho LL seems a bit low)

Yeah, there is great appeal in maxing Obelisk. The build is so powerful with just Assassin’s Blade, Turtle and Dire Bear that after that it feels wide open with options. I’m probably a little too fixated on Crab. I just need to stop tinkering with GT and start playing.

Firstly I just want to say I am highly impressed you are still updating this. Huge kudos for that.

I was curious though how you would recommend leveling for this? Preferably not with forcewave I assume the only real options would be Blitz or TSS?

thanks. I try to update builds if needed/possible

I’d recommend to level as Soldier thru either Blitz or BA since there are a plenty of MIs now for that. I think you don’t really need anything but passives from Arcanist until you get the set so you’ll be able to use Devastation.

1 Like

newby here, Decided to try this build because it looked really fun but one thing I can’t seem to understand is how you managed to get 2 points into Iskandra’s Elemental Exchange as every time I try to input points into it it ends up placing 3 points instead of only 2

maybe you have sth that gives +1 to Arcanist?

I took a look at my char and it turns out that it was the Marauder’s Gloves that I was wearing which gives a bonus to Iskandra’s Elemental Exchange not sure how that slipped by me

updated build for 1.1.9.8. added new GT and download link and new videos for SR75-76, SR90 and one completely new for SR110.

1 Like

How u suggest to upgrade it on league? can it do boundess 25+ ?

welcome to the forum!
afaik, you should stack as much hp and phys res as possible but I’d better ask some league players since I’m not really into it.

Thanjs, nice game and lovely community

phys res for sure, got 84 on current setup, 90 with resilense, cant progress more than 25, 35k life, 15% reduced, 3200 DA

will try yours setup with more phys res(soft cap) or pet, pet in this game looks more piana suddenly

added video of sr115 bossroom fight. this appears to be the build’s limit so far since enemies are extremely tough (Gargaban, i.e., has 56 mil hp total) and some of them cannot be facetanked at all.

2 Likes

build updated for 1.2.0.0.
got more HP, damage and phys res but tankiness dipped a bit - partly because of sunder, partly because of some mobs’ buffs and LL nerf.
also added new videos for Ravager/Calla, crucible and SR75-76 and SR100. the latter seems to be the build’s limit now as monsters and nemesis hit pretty fucking hard there.

thanks for keeping this build maintained, i’ve enjoyed playing it. however, the hp recovery on sr bosses sucks. i was thinking dryad and right side scales might be the way to go, but that seems like too many points to fit - swapping ulzaad to scales, and find something to cut for dryad. is there a good solution i’m overlooking? is this a designed shortcoming with this class combo?

with the last update when Life Leech res on bosses was increased, build definitely dropped a bit in tankiness but Devastation+Maul should still keep it alive.
Vampiric Gargabol is kinda crucial here but if you don’t have one, you can either 1) load my save and take it from there and 2) replace Targo hammer with green axe with LL mod to BA. damage will drop a bit and skill points will be even tighter but it should help (I also have some in inventory, you can check if this helps)

thanks for the quick reply, yeah a slicer might be the way forward. damn i wish there were other ways to get leech resist shred. it seems like rattosh is the only source of it

I’d definitely love to see more LL on set itself, since LL on Deva was nerfed and LL res on bosses increased and BA has no such mod whatsoever.
but for now it is what it is, unfortunately

1 Like

i spent some more time thinking about this and why not run a second vampiric gargleballs? sure you lose a little rr from the ring but you pick up a lot of res and might be able to wash out some of the dps loss with a good suffix, and shuffling some augs around

love and hate these games, cant turn off the theory crafting