1.1.3.0 Fire AAR: Arcanist +?

Hello everybody

After recent changes to Mark of Ulzuin this medal together with Hexflame (dagger from Coven of Udgdenbo) we can convert 100% of aether and lightning to fire on AAR.
Medal, weapon, gloves (Mythical Aethereach), amulet (Mythical Essence of Grim Dawn or Conduit of Arcane Whispers with mods to AAR) seem to be pretty necessary so there is not much room left for others and no proper sets to support this.

Taking an inspiration from AlexGoldfish22 build on new Pyran’s set (1.1.3.0 Pуran's anger) i came with below:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/Q2zm5K9N

Build is weak and i don’t like it myself, has anybody considered other options on fire AAR?

I’d recommend trying SR set and definitely maxing out AAR and Desintegration. 24% WD to AAR in Conduit and the MI off-hand shard with ADCtH is also a very good option. Those would be the main things you should consider on your build.

Thanks for idea, however i believe it’s worth using only full SR set (in order to get +2 to all skills) and doing so lock the amulet slot - so i am not sure it makes sense in this particular case.

Yeah, and I didn’t say you should get 3/4 of SR set but full, if you can’t get it for some reason, 24% WD conduit. Should’ve specified that to make it clear.

Hexflame creates a strong bias towards Sorcerer and Pyran just happens to mix well into it. I think you could make a Templar version if you want to, since Pyran currently provides a whooping -20% RR to Guardians, which outweights Hexflame’s bonus to Thermites. But given the wave of “WTF -55% fire resistance” complains about that guardian RR I’d either do it quick or don’t bother.

You need either adcth from Essence of Grim Dawn or from MI offhand, and since offhand is Pyran then weapon damage conduit is NOT an option.

Then, since Pyran is a rather glassy set it’s better to go Light of Empyrion instead of Ulzuin’s Torch with such a build. And that basically means you don’t need damage reduction from Censure.

SR set is generally not used on casters, because they typically need these head & ammy slots for skill mods.
Also, you’re either using a full SR set or just don’t.

Read everything before commenting.

I’ve read that part before, thank you.

Fixed, for people who love to take one phrase out of context.

1 Like

User Name 01 and Stupid Dragon, appreciate your input and advices, thank you.
To sum up: you either use full SR set to get +2 to all skills or you don’t use it at all because it locks important slots (helm and amulet).
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/JVlWEp72 - this is what i come up with
weapon, medal - core items to convert all damage on AAR to fire
Amulet and off-hand - i am still not sure if Pyran off-hand is needed, it’s nice on boosting damage, OA, health/energy regen and bonuses to Devastation, though Conduit with weapon damage on AAR would really help with resistances
Chest and shoulders - OA, res, capping Disintegration.
Devotion route - not sure if it is optimal, though i really like to get Solael Witchblade for -35% fire.

All in all, seems like a classic squishy Sorc, OFF for trash clearing and huge -100% fire res, Blackwater coctail for flat RR (so we don’t need Rhowan Crown).

If somebody has lvl 100 sorc and items, it would be nice to check how it performs and what can be improved, as i think aether and lightning AAR are still stronger.

How is energy regen with the SR set btw? I can imagine it will be somewhat of an obstacle for an energy-hungry caster such an AAR build.

@AngmarDT

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YZeoWlv2
Adjusted your GT in accordance with my vision. A bit of a tight fit though, but should be much more durable.

That’s another reason why noone made a successful caster build with SR set yet.

Alladrah’s Phoenix is very nice addition to the build (if only we could convert its aether damage to fire). Comparing to my idea your setup has more health and durability, though less damage on paper - and unfortunately Disintegration is only at 18/12. Anyway it requires testing and many thanks for taking time to assemble this build! Using Pyran set without mortars leads to half of damage being lost.

You can use an Albrecht’s Duality ring for +2 to disintegration (I’d argue that and +100 OA is better than -8% fire res proc on a single RR class though), also I just noticed you didn’t choose a completion bonus for the relic and there’s +1 to Disintegration / Star Pact or +1 to Disintegration / Absolute Zero

Do you mean + 100 OA from Mythical Albrecht Duality is better than -8% fire res proc from Mythical Combustion band?

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/62aEBY32 - if we drop Lotus and Tree of Life we can get Behemoth + Hawk, a bit less health/da but higher armor + 3000 OA.

The opposite - I think -8% fire res and %fire damage is better than +100 OA and +2 to Disintegration.

I wouldn’t drop ToL in this build. ToL helps not only with healing, but with energy regen too. Basically ToL replaced both Behemoth and Harp.

And my general philosophy towards devotion setup design is I have to minimize excess affinity. You’ve got 2 extra red, 2 extra blue and 3 extra green that aren’t doing anything useful.
Given that, the logical follow-up to my setup is actually to get rid of Crane and find 3 yellow elsewhere (I had plans to grab 3 points in Ishtak, but then I would have had to sacrifice something). Only reason I didn’t do it is because I found extra resistances more useful than whatever I could had taken instead.

104.798 energy cost per second here: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/p25oPAmZ
No components, two free item slots, no affixes. I didn’t really bother with devotions and I ended up with 6 spare points which I used for energy regen nodes, but you could easily make such AAR work.

Edit: You can reach 27.882 energy cost if you somehow roll “of the oracle” off-hand and get an additional 2.5 energy regen.

Stupid Dragon, understood, now will have to find time to level this character and see how it actually performs.

Did a test.

In short, you are right, this particular setup is ok with energy cost, although I admit I high-rolled the “of Oracle” and Iskandra a bit. 184/s energy cost and 144/s energy regen.

So I guess I need to admit that energy cost is not an issue for casters in SG set, or at least for arcanist-based ones.

Damage-wise I did 27s ultimate dummy at try one, 27s at try two and 28s at try three.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/wV1EAYPV

EDIT: forgot weapon augments but w/e.

Weapon augments are for noobs! :sunglasses:

OK, I tested it.
With about this setup (Augments not correct):
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/qNYdzkrZ

Compared to the tinkerer lightning aar:

• 20k more damage (!)
  • 10 more crit
  • 600 less OA
  • 200 less armor.

Must say, I´m impressed. Fire is nice cause of the fine eldritch fire RR / much better than arcane bomb.
Have to see if I can tweak the OA. If yes, it´s a REAL Alternative!

are you gonna crit at all with that build and activate deadly aim and use all that crit damage you seem to prioritize to grab?