[1.1.3.0] Targo Warlord - Blade Arc Spam & Judgement for days

I don´t like it. You shouldn´t have posted it now. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Truth

Just kidding, like it. And now make up a Bleeding Warlord. :yum:

Sounds good :slight_smile:

On and off topic:

A few things about the posting this build , added to my above post for anyone else who feels deprived of their rights by spoiled praets.

1. I ain’t got time for shit these days. I didn’t even know patch was live 2 days ago.
  2. I wasn’t going to post anything really cause of point 1 time issue, cause this new forum though more versatile, has not yet grown on me and I don’t visit it as frequent, cause not having time means the build I want to post won’t live up to my personal standards due to lack of testing.
  3. This a BA spam build with internal trauma devotions. There is not much to figure out here and afaik there is already a BA 2h spammer out there that does pretty well for itself. The main thing of this build is Judgement+Fury which is fun and half the reason I even posted in the first place…the other half was trying to upload a HQ video just to see how long it takes (a long f@cking time). I wasn’t even pleased with the run but I said fuck it, since I went ahead and gone this far I’ll just take a couple of pics and post it.

Spellscourge at least has AoE.
If we talk about Targo blademaster, it’s … pitiful.

I don’t like Targo at all. I tried 3-4 builds with it and all of them didn’t live up to my standards.
Biggest issues I see are ABB and BA with 1H, poor sustain and some meh resists.

1 Like

Cut it out with the childish envy, and enjoy the build
Or don’t…

Good stuff fluff!

Edit: I was of course talking about people whining about praets posting builds shortly after release, not about incomplete builds, I agree with that

1 Like

Unreasonable and unneccessary lunge towards the community, dude. Not cool.
I honestly think Fluff should have at least made a screenshot of every gear and skill distribution he has, so we can see the stuff more clearly.

EDIT - Understood, my apologies for misunderstanding.

2 Likes

Fluff, I really enjoy the builds you post so please don’t stop posting them. Us mere mortals who aren’t that good at theory crafting appreciate the effort and time you put in to it.
Why people complain is beyond me, they don’t have to read, play it or even comment on the build.

4 Likes

Dervish has good AoE but Abb needs a buff there. It has good potential

As for Spellscourge, I still don’t get why it has BA spam, unless you let go of Arcanist and get OK or Occultist for more RR BA damage is very bad with it.

@Autentist. That’s a lot of screenshots :upside_down_face:

That’s was my initial idea.With buff to Soldier side of the set,one can try pure BA as WB or WL.If you use the Occultist you will have enough points to cap DM and charge it.I am not sure there about belt Oleron or Gladiator.

@Superfluff Thanks for sharing, got your build, haha.

if you hard cap BA and Laceration then Gladiator is pretty sweet

GT link finally added. Perhaps in the future I will test some minor tweaks to it but it’s nothing too impactful

1 Like

I have also been playing with this set a lot and this is the setup I came out with:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/dVblRwYN

Full Targo set, pants, belt, medal, gloves, Black Matriach -these slots are obvious choices and I see we arrived at the same result.

Boots - a lot of alternatives actually so this slot down to preference I think. I don’t have any decent stoneplate boots but I guess good green boots with right specs is better(for my setup I think more DA would be nice).

The other ring - I never thought of Coven Storm Seal, it looks decent. I tried Menhirian instead, proc sees good, this ring trades DA for Amour though so I’m not really sure if this is optimal.

Amulet - did not have Spellscourge amulet so I just used a +1 soldier conduit. Spellscourge might be a better choice. One thing I realized is that spamming Blade Arc and Judgement is energy hungry, so +energy on conduit could help here. So for devotion the only difference is Wraith+Eagle vs. Scythe, my choice is for more energy. With this setup Judgement is more spammable and I use it almost as main skill…

So how does everyone think?

hope people dont start crying for more nerfs, if theres a strong spec then let it be. not everyone wants to play OP specs, besides this doesnt look THAT op. sheet dps is pretty insane though.

Well, I was remembering when I saw this that the Chains belt originally also had +1 OK on it. :roll_eyes: And there was some outcry that came with this needed change…imagine if that was still there. Tweaks can be good for the balance.

Ofc, this set came out after that change, so the point is that evolving is good for the game.

Edit: Nice build, btw.

It a was sarcastic jab related to the obnoxious trend of if a build is strong or if it uses item combo outside of the dedicated set TM - it gets neutered (many occasions more than once) thus impacting the “casual” players in terms of severely undermining their time investment in obtaining said items +components.

In truth the build doesnt look OP, just strong and i might try it If it doesnt get nerfed in the next 2-3 patches.

Don’t get too attached to things :slight_smile:
I was like this in vanilla. I still get triggered sometimes but I go ahead and write about why it shouldn’t be nerfed. I’ve done that quite a few times.

So far I haven’t seen any major nerfs this patch, but I usually notice if it’s a build i’m interested in that gets nerfed :smiley: it’s how it works

Hahaha, sorry. Neither this build, nor Targo are near levels of OP or even excellent damage numbers in this game. Both BA and especially ABB suck balls with 1H.
Fluff did a tremendous job with it, and he still had to use green boots and some major tweaks to make it work.

yeah ive been playing around with this, it can do some nice dot ticks but its fairly squishy with low health pool. Not really OP at all but its a pretty cool build. People will still cry for nerfs though.

Ideed it’s not OP.

Given what the set theme is, I’d add 5% phys res to it and some HP

Damage wise ABB needs a serious buff. Both Judgement and BA could use just a slight buff, nothing too much.

I also kinda dislike that I have to let go of Grey Knight Judgement mod for Octavius but the latter is just better for the build overall

1 Like