[1.1.4.0] Amarasta's Meme Burst - How my dreams were crushed by Amarastan Crusher

Couldn’t we have a flat damage modifier to ABB and still have the -50% penalty on the crusher? Just buff the flat damage mod to whatever resulting damage value seems reasonable.

1 Like

Agree with you. 50% damage penalty seems reasonable, but if you have solid flat bonus, you can still make decent build, without Zantai fear that something might be seen as exploit.

1 Like

Well, on the full green setup up there I got 25k on wpn dmg tooltip which is rarely seen on dw (except buffed chaos). Venomblade with this much did 4:42 last patch (JS’s record). Here, still crapski. Not fully modded AAB doesn’t have a lot of %wpn dmg to begin with. Killing single targets like Alex with his acid res or the 163 trio takes forever.

But what’s really great about it is adcth. In a crowd you don’t die.

Wat, why would you compare ABB dmg tooltip to default attack replacer tool tip (which doesn’t show dmg of wps skills, etc.). You’d need to compare ABB’s dmg tooltip to e.g. Forcewave’s, for which a 25k dmg tooltip would be terrible.

I’m not even sure the weapon is worth talking about. In the tuning thread I brought up that the weapon offers crap conversion (The weapon damage part is always going to be about half physical), no options for cold version, adding cast speed to help utilize a casting play-style with other abilities thrown in the build, being way worse than just going full Venomblade, etc and I got eaten alive by other players. It was a disheartening experience considering how fun this idea could be and how vocal some players were about wanting this beforehand.

You right in the heart. But your points are aren’t correct.

ABB animation scales with attack speed not cast speed. Like Primal Strike.

Conversion is there aplenty. There’s 100% cold to acid on VB helmet and Venomlash dagger. Low global phys to another type (with weapons being physical) is a norm. This is why physical weapons got way more base damage. Anyway, as explained by me 3 times in this thread already, even 100% phys to acid would not make much difference. ABB %wpn dmg is too low after the penalty.

What spam ABB would need is a dedicated set to also max another dmg skill. Like Agrivix had fully converted Devastation which made it strong despite CT having small %wpn dmg.

Or, here is a revelation, apply the penalty not to total dmg but to weapon damage which would allow to fully utilize flat dmg mods to ABB.

I didn’t say any of those things.

My points were:
a) The weapon itself offers crap conversion.
b) No options for conversion beyond acid and that the weapon damage is usually going to be about half physical.
c) No options for a more caster-oriented play-style. (I’m aware that ABB scales with attack speed. The cast speed was for branching out with additional skills you’ll need to fill the void of not getting WPS skills inherent to probably being 3-piece Venomblade.)

I agree that the effect warrants it’s own set. I suggested it replace Shadow Strike on Deathguard in the tuning thread.