[1.1.4.0] Iskandarian Deserter - Iskandra's Elemental TSS Mage Hunter

ive tinkered with this setup a bit https://www.grimtools.com/calc/Q2zmzelN idk if really is workable or not… hybrid damage

That looks similar to what I have done in the past. Though it’s before the bufd on TSS mod. I cannot see your Devo now because I’m in Mobile.

The storm box damage will still be good but I’m still doubting the capabilities of allagast’s TSS. I hate mix aether+lightning because valdaran exist. The mix doesn’t help at all.

Someone solved the da/oa equation from the official guide and posted some graphs lately. Apparently, base crit multipliers stop increasing after you have slightly over 2k oa more than your enemy’s da. But crit chance doesn’t.

Crit dmg, afaik there’s no threshold, like rr. The more the better.

So the ‘ideal’/still-worth-it buffed/bannered OA would be somewhere between 4&4.5k?! I always thought that going past 3.5k is already overkill…
That would make the newly buffed Arcanist with its crazy high OA values ymuch more interesting :slight_smile:

Where is the formula for crit chance in the game guide?

In here somewhere?

https://www.grimdawn.com/guide/gameplay/combat/#q17

Sorry I should have been more specific, I know it is not in there, so where can I find relation between crit chance and PTH ?

One can find the crit chance for specific PTH values, if one reads the examples carefully

#### PTH Threshold 2: 90 (1.1x Damage)

When your PTH reaches 90 and beyond, you will begin to see critical hits.

*Example: PTH = 97, 1-89 hits, 90-97 critically hits for 1.1x damage, 98-100 misses*

Here we see that when PTH = 97% we have 8% crit chance

Same can be done for the other PTH Thresholds.

But nowhere is there a formula for how crit chance varies with PTH

Here is a graph I made with those points and then using some very crude interpolation

Since the game guide mentioned cap on base crit multiplier at 180% PTH, I just assumed that the crit chance also saturates. I guess that is wrong then @ya1 ?

I thought it should just be PTH - 89 = crit chance but I guess we need some real in game data for that.

Ummmm. That’s for PTH = 97

Unless I fucked up in getting the points that I took from the text in the game guide, they do not all lie on a straight line. I can check again of course.

Yes, it should read 97.

Still, I will check the graph and points again tomorrow and plot PTH - 89 in same graph and see if points coincide.

I tested in game, I had 52% crit chance on normal aether crystal formation so there should be no crit chance cap

Challenge accepted :wink:

1 Like

Trozan girl vs Iskandra guy - Round 1

1 Like

It’s funny 'cause should be vice versa :grinning:

I don’t think this battle will be finished with knockout!

Hmmm, good stuff. :thinking:

Bring it on, girl!

It’s not just a matter of reaching a cap, though, since the effect on clearing times is not necessarily continuous: you may reach a point where it now takes 3 TSS casts rather than 4 to kill a boss most of the time. That’s a meaningful difference if you’re only looking at the best results in a limited number of runs.

In less speculative terms, it seems the banner “only” shaves some 30s from the clearing times of Skybreach Warlock. I wonder if the effect would be more pronounced on Druid, which has some ~300 less OA.

And the prize shall be who gets nerfed first or the hardest, I guess. :P

I am winning this prize almost every patch and believe me, it’s no fun :cry::cry::cry:

Fuck the Nerf!

That’s what you got from running with banner and let @John_Smith run your build, madlee!

Also posting the obvious builds :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

wait what? what happened in this fight. who wins?

No one. Allagast take the cake… :rofl: