[1.1.4.0] The Whole Trozan – Lightning Skybreach Warlock & Druid

Big thanks for bringing a cool and efficient Warlock build man! :slight_smile:

@pareto: out of curiosity, have you tried TSS in 1.1.4.2?

No, I haven’t played 1.1.4.2, but I don’t seem to recall anything relevant to TSS in the patch notes. Are you asking for any reason in particular?

Firstly, just wanted to say that I’m a huge fan of your TSS builds here. Looks v polished to me.

I’ve just been experimenting with a bi-elemental druid - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YNn696wN, and am surprised to see that my clear time is on par with that of the warlock despite higher %damage values, better utlization of cold damage, AND seal of the skies.

As someone with a lot of experience in TSS, I was wondering if you could give me some feedback/suggestions?

I can always upload the character file here should you wish to have a go at it.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hello Pareto, and thank you for a detailed, well written guide. My druid has reached level 100 and is really struggling in Ult, so here we are in the market for a respec to get her back to her former glory. I am curious about one thing – Why is there so much ADCTH on this build? I don’t see weapon dmg anywhere. Probably i am dumb and overlooked it. There’s a lot for me to learn still.

Weapon damage from Ultos/blizzard depends on which you go for. Then theres chain lightning from componet with 70% weapon damage. Lifesteal from that,

Kinda hard to run around like a headless chicken when i’m stuck casting chain lightning. Surely if the sustain from CL is enough, i’ll just use it and have a viable build, however i was hoping to stick to this build or very close to it, and kite a lot. There’s just something more fun to me about kiting as opposed to facetanking.

Any chance to get rid of the Bat and ADCTH completely?
e.g. https://www.grimtools.com/calc/62aPRWBN

Just wanna build a pure nature caster w/o uncharacteristic forms of damage.

It may be possible, but it essentially could end up as a different build (items, etc) due to changes. More focus will have to be put on regeneration, etc.

I suggest you just post this gt as a “help-me build it” question in general builds.

Is the Druid build still viable in 1.1.5.X?

Should be. Trozan set is still strong for mobile caster play style and damage is there.

1 Like

Interesting guide!

What route should one go while leveling in terms of skills and devotion points? I mean, generally speaking.
My very first character in GD years ago was an arcanist based one and it was … underwhelming. I have stayed away since. Any pointers would be appreciated!

Hey Pareto, curious if this build is still getting traction on last few patches and if you’d make any adjustments with new items? I really love the TSS type skills (and am admittedly disappointed at the lack of Devastation use). I tend to lean more towards Warlock for survivability during solo play and SR, but I’ve only started playing GD in the past few months, and so I wasn’t around for previous patches, and am generally unaware of how builds and nerfs have changed things since last year.

EDIT: doesn’t look like OP has been around for more than 7 months, so I don’t expect a reply, but if anyone else has been watching this, any input is appreciated. Otherwise, the search continues.

Hey im doing this build i started play a month ago and it works for me rn

Have there been changes in TSS dmg from the skill and buffs since this post was started? I count about 570 flat cold and 690 flat lightning, but also 467 cold dot. Even taking only 1/3 of that cold dot gives you a roughly equal split of cold vs lightning.

Is arcane bomb supposed to be pinned to a skill? If not, why would you choose this constellation? Was it for the extra lightning damage, buffs and 3 blue points? Bummer is at least one star is wasted on aether damage which doesn’t help.

Arcane Bomb is necessary for Lightning RR here

If there is no skill attached to it then it’s because of the bug that causes builds generated in Grim Tools to have item skills (Corruption in case of this build I guess) not bind to devotions. To circumvent that one needs to make or remake these bindings just before generating Grim Tools link.