[1.1.4.0] ThermoElectrician - Cyclone + Canister Lightning Conversion Proc Sorc

Look at my damage type.

Generally on non spammy arcanist casters cdr is more important so you pick star pact all the time unless you’re aether build. Pick reckless if you’re aether and of you’re a spammy caster. There’s a bit more decision making when it comes to that but that’s the basics.

Well said…Thanks

True story is that Star Pact is ALWAYS better than Reckless Power for anything but Aether.

Hey I was trying to introduce a bit more variables into him. Reckless power is always better on fire and spam casters when you can live without mirror spamming i.e. prenerf agrivix

What are fire spam casters? Haven’t seen those since vanilla bwc sorc. Let’s be honest here, fire sorcs will always prefer Star Pact, spam or not, it’s silly not to.

Another example, I have been recently testing Fire Iskandra set Templar with TSS and Jugment and Devastation and procs. ~7 minute build, but that’s not the point. I have tested Star Pact versus Divine Mandate (a much better Fire exclusive than Reckless Power ever was or will be) and results were the same. Except guess which one was more consistent.

That’s the practical way. Again. It all comes down to whether you want a lot of mirrors or not. I’m not just talking cruci here but campaign too. In campaign non sr I’d take reckless power 10/10 times.

Again, what kind of build would ever benefit in any way from Reckless over Star Pact except obviously an Aether one? In campaign or wherever.

Any non lightning/cold build that makes use of cast speed. I’d take a 2% increase on damage than cdr which doesn’t benefit me in any way cause I can kill everything in 1 mirror and movement runes don’t get affected by cdr.

Dude, I am asking you what kind of build, like specifically. I have a fire sorc myself and I’ve seen a few top-tier sorcs from @Shoot2033 and they all use Star Pact. It’s both more damage and more consistency. Unless you are going to pinpoint a build that would take Reckless Power over Star Pact and gain damage from it.

You’d have to wait until tomorrow, I guess.

Is this how long it’s going to take for you to visit 2016 and farm Fabius in Cronley’s Hideout with a BWC sorc? :smile:

That’s gonna be tonight. tomorrow is how long you’ll wait for my internet to be stable enough so you can see how easy it is to kill maiden with it :stuck_out_tongue:

Or maybe even Cronley himself?

Cronley? No way, that dude just got buffed!

Maybe Stephen Skinner ist still an option though?

:stuck_out_tongue:

On a more serious note, x1: do you think you could afford to swap Bat for Fiend, defensively speaking? I don’t want to push my build into everybodys face right now, but with Stormheart & Co. that change did wonders for my clear times…
And whilst you have no EoR to proc them, our sparkly new Thermites do seem to be absolutely excellent at proccing devotions as well :slight_smile:

Is there any alternative set if i don’t have the cyclone or if i go fire sorc what wll be the recommended set.Thanks

Jokes aside I tried a first draft last night and damage was real good. The biggest issue was mana regen where even with 4 buffs I run out of mana until I went with arcanum dusts and even then I can’t run 3 buffs with 100+mana regen. I had 22/12/22 on bwc line tho as I was using tome of atonement. It’s still squishy but you could skill it down at the expense of speedrunning times. Also after seeing those posts about venomblades and belgos being killed left and right I’m kinda thinking I should have put more into defense. I still don’t have space for star pact tho. IK sorc can barely reach 2k fire damage :frowning:

I think fiend is just bad now without full conversion. They nerfed the hell out of the weapon damage and when it got a cooldown the weapon damage didn’t return to its old value. It’s got merits if you’re melee but this build isn’t one.

There are many ways to build sorc. This is just one of them. I’ll leave it for you to discover tho. The first step is to search fo other sorc threads via tags or in the compendium. I hope you’re not the kind of guy who screams OUTDATEEEEEEEED if it’s just a version down.

so you did use time machine to recover BWC spam sorc from the past, lmao.

Energy issues on an Arcanist build? That’s a new one for me… I take it there aren’t any options to amass more energy cost reduction via offhand/relic/devos?

If you gave me a GT I’d love to tinker with the build myself after work today – I kinda miss my old IK sorc, too :slight_smile:

I’ll be trying different setups tonight. The energy issue is mostly because you don’t have weapon damage to take advantage of all the leech you have.

I can’t link Gt yet cause I’m at work but the last setup I did was IK set + warpfire + tome of atonement, korvaak relic, beronath ammy, that medal for Ct spam, wyrmbone, double ice and fire rings and green pants/boots. Usual bwc spam skill distribution with maxed canister as supplementary damage, then usual fire devos with bat instead of fiend.

I did purifier with IK set + 2 piece of cyclone.
Damage is insane and should be another of my 6 minutes without banner build. Hard to pilot though because leech is almost none.

Will do some more revamped for it to be consistent. But the concept is strong. Thermite mine finally can be a really good damage dealer now.