[1.1.4.0] ThermoElectrician - Cyclone + Canister Lightning Conversion Proc Sorc

I suppose Iskandra’s relic is out of the question because of demo focus? Zarthuzellan’s Codex might help with ernergy though, right? Sure, flat fire is much better than burn on untransmuted BWC but with an ‘of the Oracle’ Suffix, it might just fix your mana problems all by itself :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, GT doesn’t work properly on my phone & I might have to work some overtime today so you might actually be back and testing way before me…
But I should totally be back in action in ~7 hours so don’t finish everything until then, or I’ll be mad :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Until the Mines get nerfed in the next Hotfix, you mean…

@Cinder @mad_lee @thejabrixone

I probably won’t post BWC spam sorc cause it’s not 3 buff viable the way I want it to build so I’ll just link it here especially for Cinder who got interested.

The main setups I tested were:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/xZypKm0V - GDstasher setup for damage but I could clear cruci like 1 out of 10 times, so I went more defensive and

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/aZqOnOd2 - went for maximum +1 all skills that I could afford and serenity + diamond for circuit breakers. Pretty consistent if you knew the timings but was slower, and the timings are so important, like you don’t wanna fuck up and overlap Blast shield and mirror on 169 cause it’ll fuck you up on 170 but once you get it it’s good. Can’t manage below 6:30 on 4buffs 1 banner tho.

These are pretty much designed for 4 buffs cause even capped alacrity can’t get me 3 buffs and I didn’t wanna use ectoplasms and such. Maybe a 4 buff player like thejabrixone can improve it and give some insight but I’m moving on to another build for now.

Also before it’s asked, +1 all skills is very huge for this build so no herald of blazing ends.

But you know what would’ve made more consistent and safe? That’s right, Star Pact ))) (could use restless remains in gloves with it)

I am surprised you have energy issues with Arcanist of all classes.

I don’t get the logic there. We also paid for the base game and i certainly didn’t pay for having additional unbalanced classes. GD isn’t a pay2win game :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

and 1.9k fire damage. It’s not just cast speed that Reckless Power gives. You cut off 3 seconds off mirror cooldown and 1 something on BS but you increase your killtime by the same amount on those dangerous bosses you face, even more if you got shit mutators. Remember we don’t have weapon damage here and for some reason Infernal Knight sorc has shit %fire damage ever since the start of GD. There are no more useful BWC mods except blazing ends which make you sacrifice +1 all skills.

And without weapon damage we don’t have energy leech so energy issues. In fact, old Agrivix used to have the same problem too. Those 4 min Agrivix used 4 buffs.

So you lose ~5% of your total damage. But all of your abilities get sped up, not just mirror or Blast Shield. Canister Bomb, Flashbang, Vindictive Flame, Nullification, Arcane Will, Ulzuin’s Torch meteors, Bat, Giant’s Blood.

okay

okay, but then this and null aren’t damage and are out of the question cause they’re in the same boat as Mirror and Blast Shield. Kinda the same as Arcane Will

0.5 seconds, okay that’s passable

0.14 seconds

0.18 seconds

Which doesn’t matter cause at 16% cdr it’s already 100% uptime

0.008 seconds

ARE YOU SERIOUSLY MAKING AN ARGUMENT ABOUT DAMAGE WITH THESE FIGURES? OR DO YOU THINK I’M AN AI WHO DOESN’T HAVE REACTION TIME THAT THE 0.14 SECOND DIFFERENTIAL ON FLASHBANG IS USEFUL?

It all adds up, man. CDR is the most powerful stat in the whole game. Just try running same bwc spam sorc with Star Pact.

If someone could prove me wrong then okay but it’s not gonna be me testing it. I wanna move on to other stuff now.

Well, long story short in current meta there are no Elemental Arcanists that would take Reckless Power over Star Pact or other mastery’s exclusive. As you have experienced yourself BWC spam sorc isn’t really that viable and is definitely far from being the best choice for a sorc.

For your build Reckless Power MIGHT (although it’s ought to be tested) edge 10-15 seconds, but if it’s still just 3 runs in one duration of blessings with a banner then Star Pact should always be the choice for obvious reasons.

So you’re saying that Reckless Tempest is bad because BWC spam sorc is bad? Or that Star Pact is always best because its most times good? I’m not sure I can follow you completely, sorry :see_no_evil:

Thank you! I’m sorry you got frustrated with the build, but I understand how you got there; and your experience somewhat strenthens my suspicion about the, in general, terrible survivability of IK builds on sorcs. I tried a Hexflame+IK sorc a few weeks ago; back then I figured that it was just too much of a meme build to work reliably (it cleared in ~6:30 though, if I remember correctly – the two out of ten times it survived [edit: I looked it up, it only did 7mins. So its actually pretty atrocious, all things considered]). Maybe it’s just supposed to be a SB set now? I could work with that! :smile:

But yeah, I still have some ideas for this IK sorc left, so I will definitely carry your torch at least a little further!
The testing you’ve already done saves me a lot of time, after all.

Maybe I’ll even try out Star Pact… :stuck_out_tongue:

I am saying that Star Pact is always better, that’s all. And yes, I think Reckless Power is bad, there is no doubt it’s the weakest Exclusive skill right now.

If I am not mistaken, in last patch the burn duration was removed. So Reckless power is strictly aether exclusive skill, since Star pact convert your damage into cold :slight_smile:

I guess all Reckless Power really gives to this build is indeed 165% fire damage… but still, x1’a build does have nigh-zero use for CDR – and really terrible %fire dmg

Either way I am just about to test it with Star Pact; and I am pretty confident that it’s going to help, now that I also worked Pheonix Fire into the mix. And you have my full permission to gloat if it turns out to be great :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

All right, my first round of testing the IK sorc is over!

I started off with x1’s second, safer setup; which felt pretty indestructible, btw, awesome building there with the max +to all skills.

My current setup is a little more squishy, but still pretty solid if you are aware of your defensive CDs:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2dYkGLV (did 1 run – 6:15 – with 3 buffs/1banner. I was pretty tired & sloppy, however, and am pretty sure that >6min runs are very possible. going to bed now… :crazy_face:)

On the gear/skill choices:

• I never even knew that offhand existed before today – but with an “of the Oracle”-suffix, it indeed fixes our mana issue completely. And it is craftable! :scream: “budget status confirmed”
  • Oh, and yes. I does use Star Pact. And yes, it is pretty awesome in combination with Mirror/Phoenix Fire/BS; in fact, it’s probably the only reason I could afford going for so much dmg in other places/getting rid of +to all skills.
  • Still not sure about that amulet. Maybe Peerless+Blazing Ends mace would be better instead?
  • Energy regen augments/component: mostly just eyeballed those. Could probably even lose some of them now though. A potion every now and then was used mostly for good measure.
  • CT for the devotion proc. A little awkward, but hey. Pheonix is worth it.

One more setup I might try tomorrow is a more Thermite Mine-focused one with 2piece Cyclone, like thejabrixone mentioned when talking about his Purifier; because I have a sneaking suspicion that those are pretty OP atm and would fit onto this build like a glove :slight_smile:

How well did you do with my setup?

With phoenix I concede on pact. It’s just too many goodies you want to reduce cooldown on.

I don’t think I wanna recommend peerless eye + herald on this setup. It’s gonna lower your %fire to below 2000. Herald has low %fire cause it’s a mace and beronath doesn’t have any.

I think the best of 3 runs with 4 buffs/1 banner was ~6:20, but I forgot some augments & still needed to get used to local-DoT kind of nature of the build (gotta get a feeling for how many BWCs are enough to kill most mobs so you can move on most quickly). So ~6min runs might be possible with this one, as well.

Oh, wow. Didn’t even see that. That’s pretty terrible…

If the amulet were changed, going for Zarthuzellan’s Codex & Demon Fire could be a little better, however. But it would need an aweful lot of skillpoints to surpass the 66 flat fire of the current offhand/ammy setup…

How much is burn dmg really worth on spammed BWC, do you think? Because I also wonder whether dropping lantern for lotus devo to change 50% all dmg to 100% fire with torch might be worth it :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow, you’re way better than me. Best I got was 6:30ish in like 5 runs.

From past testings with Tome of Atonement I think Demon Fire just makes your build more mana hungry without much improvement especially since the one you’re using has flat fire mod.

Burn on base skill and IK mods is enough. No need to invest more. Dots isn’t as great but can do its job for speedrunning if you can estimate when to leave enemies by themselves to burn.

Yeah, it’s probably way too greedy…

Well, they get “burned” pretty well just by the fire ticks every second already, so this definitely feels like a DoT build (and can be speedran like one). But since only the flat dmg stacks with every additional BWC (that’s how DoT skills work, right?), dropping lantern might actually gain me a second or two on cleartimes :smile:

Here we go :grinning:
5:15 RunLightning Sorcerer

P.S. I don’t improve this sorcerer so much, so it’s still can be improved in some ways.