[1.1.4.0] Vanilla Ice: 9s Mad Queen, 7 minute Cruc. Glad. 150-170, no greens Trozan Spellbreaker

Hi I haven’t come here for a while and again come across this thread. Then I remembered the latest Spellbreaker from my community…

https://grimdawn.kuaizhan.com/41/43/p5488075386d2ee

No intruding, just friendly sharing. :slight_smile:

You are not intruding at all, that’s a pretty cool concept you’ve shared. I’ve seen Shopping (I think he is Korean) posting cold Infiltrator based on the concept (Soulrend + Crown of the Winter King’s spam spell) - it was pretty good. Only the guide you’ve linked abuses Iskandra’s amulet mirror modifier as far as I can tell, should be pretty strong one. Is there a way to extract grimtools link from that Chinese guide?

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lV7MEkyN

Here had nothing better to do :rolleyes:

So i had a TSS Warlock and switched over to this build on my Spellbreaker with the Warlock’s gear. Works a lot lot better! Even though i don’t have some of the items (jewelry and mythical iceskorns) i survive easy and do tons of damage.

With the Warlock before i always made it through the trial of corruption but never with such an ease, it didn’t activate ghoul once and i easily breezed through the bosses and Gargabol. Only Slathsarr hits like a truck.

Btw. Does anyone farm Slathsarr at all? I killed him like 10 times and never had a legendary item. Ok his MI is quite ok if you got a Panetti’s but i just hate fighting this guy and it makes me feel insecure and i tend to skip him from time to time.

10/10 for the guide, thanks

Jewellery is relatively easy to obtain, one ring is epic and drops frequently or can be traded for cheap. Eternal Haunt ring is craftable, I can craft you one with your mats, free of charge, add me on steam: mad_lee. Amulet is easily tradeable as well.

Slathsarr is an easy target for this build, remember that you can chain mirrors. Ghoul is mostly for Crucible, as an additional circuit breaker, plus with 45% cdr it refreshes pretty quickly - you can have him for 6 seconds every 22 seconds basically.

Thanks for checking out my guide!

I was wondering how a tss warlock would compare to this (as ive come to the conclusion that tss with star post is the only semi logical warlock build right now).

Was it the mobility that made it better or all the dodge too? I guess warlock gets a bit more phys Resist but that’s really it… You don’t have any other spells to use with it other than tss. Certainly nothing as good as the PB.

I dunno, why put so many points into poison damage skills when none of your equipment converts that to cold/frostburn?
Also, so you basically use Amarasta’s Blade Burst and Shadow Strike too? And while Strike is on cooldown you just use regular melee?
Why not invest into Olexra’s Flash Freeze as a crowd control freeze skill? Better than Callidor’s Tempest for such a build, due to damage type.

You referring to mad_lee’s build? Cause I don’t see any poison there.

Edit: you’re referring to the link above. In that case. Lethal assault is for OA, which is setup lacks. Guess you haven’t played ultimate much cause you’re suggesting OFF. CT in there is for time dilation. Most reliable activator that breaker has.

Huge update for this beautiful build. Tested build with Iskandra’s amulet and build’s performance skyrotted. From 11-12 minutes 150-170 4 buffs/no banners clears to 9-10 minutes. Build is now not only more destructive, it’s also more reliable due to higher cooldown reduction (up to 50%) and more consistent. Now you can chain two mirrors without downtime, making you immortal for 6 seconds, after 6 seconds you can always rely on Ghoul and Nullification to get you out of a hairy situation.

Updated a guide and uploaded a videos of build’s performance with Iskandra’s amulet:

10 minutes Crucible Gladiator 150-170 run 4 buffs/no banners (can be faster if you are a good pilot, if only Spanks was here :frowning: )

9 seconds Mad Queen kill

With the latest update it really puts Spellbreaker back on the map with all the top tier builds (I mean all around top tier builds, not just Crucible optimized rune infiltrator robots :))

EDIT: Tried killing Mad Queen in no greens setup, somehow even faster timer: under 9 seconds kill.

How will this build do without the Trozans set? I havne’t done much grinding at end game, keep waiting for a character I enjoy doing that with, and the this looks like it might be it. How will it perform for farming the gear it uses?

If you manage to get at least 42% CDR and patch all resists I reckon it will perform okay-ish in Roguelikes. But I highly recommend getting all the gear through trade on these forums, because all the legendary pieces are quite common ones and quite a few people here will sell you those for mats.

Is this build hardcore viable ?

Hey, did you considered https://www.grimtools.com/calc/m23QGPEZ this setup? Both Cold and lightning RR from devotions, maxed Shatter Star, capped DA with buffs, but no ghoul?

Ghoul can be included in your setup as well, instead of Giant’s Blood and Jackal, and I would prefer Ghoul to any kind of passive heal since this caster is very in-your-face and Ghoul helps a lot when mirror is on cd.

I will try out your setup and post results here, will choose ghoul over Giant’s Blood though but will try that double RR idea. Although I got only Shadow Strike left to proc Arcane Mines. Will post results later.

Yes, of course, but if you are planning to farm 150-170 Gladiator with it you should know that this build requires some skill and focus and it’s less safe than any kind of sword and board soldier based build or Infiltrator with a fat Seal. If you are planning to farm Campaign or Crucible 100-150 with it, it’s pretty much immortal. But again, requires some time getting used to and certain amount of skill.

All right, here is the setup I used to test your suggestions. Basically, same thing except you half-assed augments so I had to remove seal of annihiliation and tainted heart only to find out I can do your setup with them and put them back again :). Thank god it was GDstashed save folder. Arcane mines were maxed out thru GDstash obviously.

So first impression: damage is more or less the same. Except proccing Arcane Mines with Shadow Strike is awkward af. I have to play more reckless and teleport into deep shit more often to make use of those mines, I end up missing PB and TSS casts and getting into bad spots. And extra damage is just not there, Spellbreaker just doesn’t hit with lightning much except for half of TSS and it accounts for roughly 25% of build’s damage.

Here is the video. I actually end up dying to Mad Queen on wave 162, but it doesn’t really matter, it felt like I was doing stuff slower. And I can’t bind mines to anything else . Maybe result would be slightly better with the ring of eternal haunt + allagast’s, but the problem is that build stops being fluid and smooth with the neccessity to proc extra stuff via Shadow Strike.

P.S. Example of one of the faster runs with my spec. 9:35 with 4 buffs/no banners, which is pretty great for a Spellbreaker imo, given that Trozan set is tailored for Druids initially.

In the leveling section you mention Olexra’s Flash Freeze with Arcanist for leveling. I noticed it isn’t in the final build though. So, what would you suggest my talent points and devotions look like if I am wanting to level a character from scratch specifically for this build/mastery? Sorry i’m kind of new to anything that isn’t Soldier based.

Thanks.

It doesn’t matter how you level really, you can change your devotions and skills and attributes anytime via potions and npcs. If you want fast and smooth leveling, take the most effiecient leveling builds, like OFF + fireball spell from weapon component. That will be pretty efficient for early levels. After level 40 ish you can respec to the leveling build I have recommended god knows how many times on these forums: cold dual-wield Shadow Strike with Star Pact and Night’s Chill and some wps. That can get thru the whole game and then some.

I just leveled this build 1-100 in very little time (by the way, big thanks again, mad_lee), and frankly, it is easy enough to level it up so you should not have to worry much about how to optimise it. I went straight for the build (so no respec). Because I am using Lokarr’s set, I tried to stay away from melee as much as possible, although even when caught in melee with a Lokarr’s set, the build is surprisingly resilient, even at high level (I kept Lokarr’s set up to lvl 94).

In short, if you don’t want to overthink it, just stay ranged and straight to the build. Start with getting your masteries, putting the occasional 1-point, then boost Trozan’s shards. From there, get the points where you feel you should (are you lacking damage? survivability? energy management? etc.). I died only once (and it was very much my fault), and I leveled 1-100 in about 8-9h in total. This build allows you to simply ignore mobs (just throw a Trozan’s shard and keep moving).

Past lvl94, this build very much made me think of the ice shards build in TQ, which was by far my favourite build (like for many other players I suppose). Very interesting build to play, hard to pilot but extremely rewarding. I Highly recommend :slight_smile:

I’d like to friend you on steam but there are several mad_lee profiles. I am the only jreesh on steam if you could friend me. I have a level 60 Elementalist, but would like to try out your Vanilla ice build. I want to start a new character with your build in mind and could use some tips on where to put points and what to look for in gear.

I’m really loving the game and it’s guys like you that make it much better for us newbs starting out.

I am mad_lee with a pic of a guy in shades in yellow t-shirt. You can also ask me questions here in this thread or via pm.