[1.1.4.0] Vanilla Ice: 9s Mad Queen, 7 minute Cruc. Glad. 150-170, no greens Trozan Spellbreaker

Looks pretty awesome and fun!

All right, tested this bad boy in 1.0.7. After couple of failed tests I noticed my Iskandra now has 5% cdr instead of 6% after patch(that was so hard to trade, THANKS, CRATE). Thank god, shitty Iskandra with 4% cdr that was lying on my mule now actually has 6% cdr. Decided to pump 3 points into mirror for smoother gameplay. Overall, it became just a bit harder, but very doable. Gotta be mobile and sometimes kite.

Recorded a video of what was shaping up to be sub 8 minutes run but stupidly died at 170 by catching Alexā€™ meteor with my face in the middle of the map. Canā€™t be arsed to record a clean run, overall, build does a bit more damage for some reason but even with 15/12 Mirror has a little downtime between two mirrors so extra caution is required (and maximum CDR rolls everywhere are more valuable then ever). Updated Grimtools links.

Wait so item stats got randomized? Or is it just for changed items?

Whenever the item gets some changes with the new patch its stats get randomized. I have already lost pretty sickly rolled Ultos Axe in last patch, this patch I did lose 6% Iskandraā€™s Prism (but luckily gained another 6% Iskandraā€™s Prism that used to be shitty 4% and was rotting on my mule). I have already reported it to Crate last time but Zantai said something along the lines ā€œEh, sorry, but deal with itā€

That because mirrors cooldown was increased by 3 seconds

Duh, I read the patch notes and tested my builds :slight_smile:

I donā€™t like the nerf at all. Spellbinders somehow got stronger classes like Sorcerers/Spellbreakers got weaker (and they were already weak to begin with). And increased cooldown is not compensated by new items in any way, because you canā€™t just put shitty off-hand like Ixilor Ragelame on every build.

I gree with you. Iā€™d also love a Rageflame buff. Dunno how to implement it thoughā€¦ it needs a lot. What would be helpful is if all you number crunches figured out a way to hurt spellbinders without hurting other classes more.

The most clunky thing I can think of is tone down sets benefiting spell binders but compensate their nerfs by toning up other +skills/modifiers to non arcanist/necro class skills. Essentially lower Spellbinder damage output as the trade-off for its invincibility, and make it so gear benefits non-binder damage more.

I was saying this during testing, but the nerfs went through anyways. I agree 100%.

I also agree :slight_smile:

It only makes binders stronger compared to others and binders still reign with flying colors.

In general nerfing certain skills due to one class being very strong has never worked out well

The most clunky thing I can think of is tone down sets benefiting spell binders but compensate their nerfs by toning up other +skills/modifiers to non arcanist/necro class skills. Essentially lower Spellbinder damage output as the trade-off for its invincibility, and make it so gear benefits non-binder damage more.

Problemm is - necro skills dont matter, and bonuses to them also dont matter. Strip Clairvoyant/Reaper of the acursed out of necro bonuses and we are back to classic Decree+Aldanars vanity+Outcast secret route with nearly the same clear time and the same clear rate. Hit mirror/MoT one more time and we are goint intro yellow/blue devotion route with Krieg set and armor stacking and wont pick up caster stuff/:undecided:
Just look at Inquisitor nerf. A few percent here and there and now we are back to patch 1.0.4.1 when you`re goint Justicar with DA juice and Angrim bonuses or going to die a lot in crucible.

Thanks for the support, guys, but I am guessing Zantai was bound on nerfing mirror one way or another despite the opinions of Praetorians/testers. Itā€™s his long forgotten war - Old Man Zantai versus Spellbreakers. I mean, meta has changed like 100 times since Spellbreakers were overpowered, but old man is still fighting his war.

I am absolutely agree with you! You have my voice as well!

That is a bit of an exaggeration.

I mean it has to be nerfed or binders will be on an untouchable pedestal when it comes to SR clear depth. Iā€™ve always disliked the mechanic. Tbh I would be happier if mirror were reworked entirely.

Itā€™s not.

They are still untouchable. Just a little bit harder to pilot but not really if you build it right. Mirror + MoT + Time Dilation + Ghoul + sometimes Reaper of the Accursed cheat-death proc, they kill everything before all of those things somehow go on a cooldown at the same (and it never happens).

Just look at the increased clearing times with different spellbinders from different builders. They all went up. Noone is complaining. Crate shouldā€™ve nerfed Aether damage itself or buff monsterā€™s Aether resistance if they wanted to make Spellbinders less op. Instead they almost completely killed Spellbreakers and Sorcerers that were already having bad times.

EDIT: And donā€™t forget that Spellbinders got Maiven + Ravenous Earth damage reduction and can stack up respectable amounts of DA with proper gearing/devotions setups.

I suspect Time Dilation and maybe some %cdr numbers (both items and skills) are a big influence on this.

I suspect these nerf siesta is influenced by ppl that never played Justicar FW tactician, when you simply press RMB+spam some seals here and there and collect loot after 7 minutes with no risk at all . Hey, you can do the same with binder w/o MoT and mirror chaining at all! Wear Krieg, pick Menhir, push DA to 3500 , spam CT at the center of arena , collect loot after 8 minutes.

God forbit Crate ever nerfs soldiers or Forcewave. I agree, Forcewave builds were always cookie cuttuers, even without Justicar. Braindead builds as well. With builds that depend on Time Dilation and chaining mirror you have to be a half-decent pilot and press a lot of buttons for build to be really effective.

I suspect these nerf siesta is influenced by ppl that never played Justicar FW tactician

It is true that Iā€™ve never played this and probably never will. I was surprised that soldier didnā€™t get a nerf, but maybe Soldier is considered the basic starter autopilot build.

So, basically we havenā€™t a clue as to why Crate decided to nerf Inquisitor class ?

Out of the blue they just did then ? If so - quite disappointing :frowning: .