[1.1.4.0] Xiuhtecuhtli the God of Fire AAR [c+][sr75+] - Sorcerer

The flat OA is increased a bit by inner focus too, and Overload gives aether resist which makes me much more comfortable against aether enemies with RR, and the extra DoTs are sprinkles on top.

Would have to test it out I guess. I don’t always use flashbang constantly on trash mobs but if I lowered my OA I might have to consider using it more, etc. etc. etc. and interupting AAR for flashbang is tedious.

So hard to say, but for now I like the overload.

1 Like

So I finally played this yesterday with a support deceiver and it really does get super-charged. In general it’s fun in multiplayer.

I like that version. What I don’t like is Temper investment and devotion map. I think building around Ulzuin’s Torch + Aeon gives you much better stats and opportunity to make a huge Spirit dump. Or if you don’t like Aeon, I think Phoenix is pretty much mandatory after recent buffs to its stats. Grey Magi boots would look great here as well.

If you want to redo the devotion tree let me know lol. I don’t enjoy fiddling with devotion at all.

I would propose something like this. Craft everything for armor, maybe one item for stun res.

This is interesting. But it’s managed to make me more interested in the lightning version lol. Seems it needs a lot of conversions. Anyone have an example GT link?

Lightning AAR require many conversions too

Yea, that’s what my comment was about. Sorry if that wasn’t clear. I feel I can see half the build in my head but not sure about the rest hah. Seems you would use Aetherbolt Pendant for fire conversion, but I’m not sure what converts the Aether outside of Storm Shepherd.

It is Soooo easy to just search grim tools database for “aether damage converted to lightning” :stuck_out_tongue:

I have several lightning AAR builds in my beginner guide

You need just as many conversions with Fire AAR since AAR has three damage types.

That’s very kind of you, thanks!

I think Reakd’s lightning one might be even crazier/stronger but requires more “impossible” double greens.

I was inspired when Norzan posted a link (seen in the opening post). I figured stoneplate greaves was the obvious way to improve it, then someone suggested conduit, etc. And as I tinkered with It I was like, holy shit. These high-rolled resist overcaps, that phys resist, conduit overcap increase… dayum. Then I just took it into SR and kept making small changes based on what I felt was killing me/optimized my damage a bit.

The goal was definitely to make it “smooth/safe” for SR as opposed to being optimized for crucible (less defense more offense). It can only sometimes tank 4 bosses at once but if you are pulling them 1 or 2 at a time it pretty much never has to kite. (exceptions being nullify etc) Eventually I saw that if you roll each item’s resists really well, they get so high you can almost be certain that bosses can never reduce your resists below their cap except in super extreme cases, which is pleasant.

I wonder if it can still be improved. Little optimizations are likely possible. But the end result was one I felt was really really fun so I let it be. When 1.1.5 comes out with even crazier rare affixes I might take another look at this character.

If you pair this build with a support deceiver character it’s pretty much immortal.

Maybe a nicely rolled Alexander Legguards for the pants ?

I dont know if its intentional but, you seemed to be missing one dev points to complete the Revenant constellation, you can take the pink one out from the crossroads. Also, maybe you can take empty thrones instead of wolverine.

It’s intentional. It wouldn’t stack with elemental storm. And I honestly can’t get the point anywhere else. Though the build did lose the stun resist with the empty throne change so maybe now with the latest update the slow resist in the empty throne is worth giving up for revenant just to get some bodies blocking projectiles and whatnot.

Still, slow resist is nice too even for AAR. Empty throne instead of wolverine might be a hot idea though now.

Maybe aleksander pants but those epic pants are really fucking hard to beat. 6% phys resist high rolled, 4% DA, 800+ health, decent resists and heavy armor.

In 1.1.5 there’s a good chance I’ll pick aleksander pants over it though since rare affixes are getting improved, very significantly in some cases. The 4% DA on wolverine is quite nice though and I didn’t feel like CC was killing me. Hard to say and I’m lazy to tinker further.

Nope. I think people take both just for an extra devotion skill plus it increases the consistency of RR being applied.

I think some of the FG items were so new I hesitated to list them because I felt people hadn’t even really given them a shot. I can’t keep track of everything :smile:

At this point I can add it though.

Can you update pls?

Is there something wrong with it now?

No i meant like are there some things you would change now or do you think it’s fine as it is?

It’s fine. Pair it with a deceiver for ultimate lols.

What do you mean by that should i change class to a deceiver or are your referencing some joke about crossing the beams? Edit: ok nvm forgot about the description talking about deciever friend now i get it

Curse of frailty RR. Physical resist and more OA from blood of dreeg. Word of renewal bonuses and Inquisitor seal. Deceiver is great for all builds but supercharges this one.