[1.1.4.1] Episode 3. Pyran. 150-170 (3 + 1) 4m 46s

I think pyran got removed +1 summon limit to mortar, or something like that. Is this minor change that doesn’t affect the overall performance of the build?

I’m pretty noob on build making so I’m not sure, but I think -1 mortar is pretty critical?

Pure nerficide! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

@ya1 :joy:

Rgarding the summon limit nerf on mortars nerfs: didn’t Nandi’s old Pyran build (the one you improved on, later) work almost as good without +1Mortar conduit as it did with one?

Or is Pyran just a #DeadBuild, now? :stuck_out_tongue:

L.M.A.O.

So this was that mysterious “adjusted modifiers on the set and replaced them (not nerfed!!!) with other modifiers (which aren’t useless at all!)” from the changelog?

I don’t really remember how many Mortars full Pyran had. I gave up on it after the first round of nerfs. It was hardly playable even before all the nerfs. I tried it once after maybe after the 3rd and before the 4th round of nerfs, died 5 times in 5 runs and said goodbye.

But the nerfs went on… Pure nerficide based on singled out results by a top player (who used all the tricks in the book - greens, top rolls, setting up mortars beforehand, expert speedrun grind, etc. - to get a better time).

Nothing’s dead till it’s dead. Is Cronley unkillable? Duh! It steamrolls EKKET’ZUL himself on Elite

EDIT: Yeah, just checked, -1 mortar.

Do you think the added health regen might help? Or is it just a drop in the ocean?

IIRC my Pyran had like 500/1.4k when I made it. Now it has… mindblowing 600/1.6k. You can live with 4 Mortars and get that other conduit, max Vindictive and it’s 1.3k/2.8k, but why? Still glass with even smaller a cannon…

True nerf was Stormfire here. From 60% wpn dmg to 40% means if you had 16% adcth now you need 25% for the same sustain. But with maxed Vindictive, Ulzuin Wrath should be good for heals. On this setup I’d drop BwC completely (since it already has Elemental Storm) and max Vindictive line.

Yeah… I still like your suggestion of adding better regen/AdctH to Vindictive Flame for that btw!

Maybe if we just whine about it loud enough they might do sth about this? :stuck_out_tongue:

Did this build still can do around 5 min crucible and SR 75 ? after the nerfs ?

Update 1.1.4.2 GT Bis: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/eVLnYePN

GT Option without greens: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/dVbnAzYV

150-170 (3+1) 4m 45s:

Yes, video from above

WoW, so Pyran is still pretty much the fastest build in the game?

It’s still with pharma, Nery.

I wonder what’s the real performance of the build without pharma and not impossible greens.

I see all this pharma but wonder how much it affects the time? Plus I don’t know how quick pilot is Alex. So that’s I am wondering if Pyran is the quickest build.

Why the Elemental Storm?

John Smith is a faster pilot than me. Also, I do not have a very powerful computer. I think John will be able to show a similar result without greens and pharms)

1 Like

Max dmg and the cocktail has cd and limited area. At that moment, when mortars, firing at any area of the arena, automatically reduce the RR

yeah but without it you can get hawk and magi like this https://www.grimtools.com/calc/0V03vdo2. pretty sure fissure is more dmg than storm, and gains from hawk are always huge. also, i’d take one point from torch and take fiend for rat (but i guess theres nthing to proc it).

also, mini thing, id consider using one osyr’s wisdom and get a proper glove component. as well as relic completion bonus hey!!! i know you gdstash!!! :wink:

pharma is mostly for survival here. build is max dmg zero sustain.

anyway, pharma or not, crazy result and super good run! :+1: builds like that are not viable anymore without greens and pharma (i just can’t stomach that setting up mortars beforehand!!!:wink:)

The build is pretty sturdy, its tankiness is in its damage because bosses&nemesis can’t even hit you.
Also we have a plenty of save abilities - Blast Shield, Prismatic Rage, Giant’s Blood and Ascencion.
As for the greens, without them build shows very similar results and easily beats Cruci too.
This build’s playstyle is rather actual cuz now you get debuffed from almost everywhere in Cruci and it’s vital to kill enemies fast.
Other plus is that Mortars hit enemies even when you kite.

As for devo setup, will listen to interesting suggestions.

Check this out. Updated mine, too. Honestly, I disagree. Pyran is super squishy. Need to kite and pray. Not a very pleasant build.

Anyway, it’s funny how Crate nerfs the shit out of builds, and then the builders find new ways to maintain the results. Or even beat them. I actually slightly beat my old record from before all the Pyran nerfs.

Or…another way to see this is that Crate’s tweaks promote a better optimizer-builder and/or a better player. :astonished: Got to use every turbo button that you can find…

1 Like