[1.1.4.1] FOIBOI - Retal FoI Paladin (c+) (sr+)

So 8% CS & 10% RR would actually outweigh what is basically a skill mod with ~806 flat burn over 3 secs & 23 flat fire – not to mention the possible gains from sth. like Elemental Seekers devo? :thinking:

Edit: did the math wrong twice on that DoT. Maybe I should indeed question my theorycrafting skill a little more :stuck_out_tongue:

As I said, I haven’t tried it, so just a theorycraft. It’s something that ought to be tested. But given how shitty those Pyre rings are I think it’s very very possible.

Also, gains from converting devos are for some reason hugely overrated.

Amounting to 59 total fire to FoI (with 32 converted by the rings). Ignaffar gloves alone give 72 (and -8% energy cost and convert some pierce from the Seal).

Mageslayer FoI with Pyre rings is an interesting idea. But what? Mage Hunter? With the almighty O.F.F.? Fire infiltrator? It’s all possible but… 2 problems with Mageslayer FoI: 1) mods are mostly DoT, 2) blocks the conduit.

However… Pyre rings are underestimated and they really kick ass on certain fire builds with Seekers as long as they can cap res and get oa/da high. The latter is especially a problem on inquisitors. But if someone actually tried then we would see. But I wouldn’t hold my breath for FoI.

I was thinking Valaxteria chest + maxed inferno & Lightning Tether or sth. crazy like that :smile:
OFF is probably only worth as 1pointer…

Updated op with the better setup. Could do better but last 10 runs I had either Voidmarked (-20% cast speed), Resistant (+15% ele res) or Hardened (+50% health) mutators or a combination. Since this build I got in a habit of checking mutators before running.

BTW, Crate, if you’re reading this, if you wanna nerf sth nerf the mutators. They can completely dismantle the weaker builds.

Wouldn’t that risk making other builds way too OP, though? It might be more tedious & sometimes even frustrating, but buffing weak builds instead of nerfing the enemies might still be the best way to handle this :confused:

Btw, I think I just found one of Ptiro’s FoI builds you guys talked about earlier & updated it a little. Looks a little rough around the edges still, but I might just test it this weekend.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/bVAqKQDV

The setup actually looks pretty darn synergistic to me. M. Consumption of Agrivix has some awesome skill mods, & Valaxteria’s Robes even give +3 to Infernal Purge…

Edit: needs more %burn dmg, though. Hmm… :thinking:

Mixing up a multi-skill DoT with a channeling skill is not a good idea.

Maybe this: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2mlJJ5N (yellow affixes only). But it has no hopes of surviving. No sustain. With no weapon damage mods to FoI you need about 30% adcth. If not then a bunch of healing procs. And then you need RR unless you pack a top tier skill with a top tier set.

Very naive question: why? :see_no_evil:

I admit I never played any channeling skills outside of the odd AAR build, so I don’t have much experience building around them; but in this case I never really thought of FoI as anything more than a nice additional source of DoT that also happens to give a decent amount of sustain…

I mean, that seems to be what all of these items are telling me to do, isn’t it?

Edit: I acutally forgot for a moment there that I also played a bit of EoR. Heh. Also a channeling skill I guess.

It’s probably apples & oranges, but my Cyclone EoR builds did only become really competitive by adding other sources of dmg, so maybe that’s why I’m trying to go a similar route with FoI so stubbornly.

Maybe with 2x Haunted Steel for 16 seconds of immortality? The MIs should cover resistances here, anyways :sweat_smile:

DEE is the same situation.

I’m guessing that FoI was intended to be both a dot skill and a channel skill. It does have some inherent stuff like fumble, reduced DA and extended dot duration.

There are a lot of reapply skill designs in this game like Lethal Assault, etc. :man_shrugging:

Afaik, channeling spells don’t like interruptions and don’t mix well with DoTs. But put that together and see. It does have pretty high numbers on that flat DoT dmg from the mods (but I can’t really see where that 1260 burn/3s is from, I only count 630 on the gear…)

Well, yes – good channeling spells do indeed not like that :stuck_out_tongue:

But since the flat numbers on FoI are so pitiful, I figured it might just be worth a shot to throw a few nukes in there…

Your version looks pretty interesting, too, though! I’ll definitely have to give flat dmg focused FoI a try as well.

The 1260 burn damage displayed on grimtools seem to be just a weird math hiccup, btw – I think for some weird reason GT took the 630 burn/3secs and scaled them up to 1260 over 6 seconds:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Nice build! @ya1
Sadly FoI does need another buff and pyre rings have juicy conversion, but suck other than that and also do need a buff from my experience with a mageslayer FoI build.

Thx!

Pyre rings might well be BiS on pure fire FoI. But this one has too little global %fire. Half or more of its dmg is from retal. And there’s too little points for the second node of FoI (would have to lower the Seal).

About pyre rings, I would just cut the bleed res in half and add another res, elemental, chaos, acid, anything.

Hey hey did SR 75 on the first try and not even perfect aggro abuse. I haven’t been torturing myself with this brainless game mode for a while… but was the difficulty nerfed? I did one run from 65 to 75 - met all kinds of combos - and didn’t die once. Seriously, Crate, time for agro abuse to go once and for all (imo).

If they remove that, they should definitely add a pre boss room though. Just a tiny room with a gate would do. Multiplayer suffers a lot from loading time disparity and thus nemesis sitting in your face when entering the boss lvl as the one who’s loading more slowly is a way too common scenario.

Right, but I don’t think any changes like that will happen.

If you convert acid to elemental, there is a belt for it. Then use armor of the three except mace. By that I mean acid to ele conversion retal, how about that?

This is an old build from before the Three set buffs, I think. I dunno about it for this build. Probably not. Both hands are needed for the mods to FoI. And the only conversion is partial from the belt and to elemental, not to fire. But anything’s possible,

1 Like

Can you name the most Op build now ? (Ur opinion)

I would say something easy, immortal and fast all at the same time. Retal Witchblade like this, credit to @AlkamosHater for making it.

[1.1.6.2] Sentinel of the Three Witchblade CR 4:30-5:00/ 105sr with Fevered Rage/ Humilated celestials -> Ravager 25 sec + Callagadra 31 sec + Crate ~1 min

1 Like