[1.1.7.1] Har'Zin's 2H Ranged/Doooom Bolt Deceiver - Crucible Farmer with 1.600k Crits (3Buffs;1Banner)

I would start with Word of Pain to delete crowds of mobs, add Pox and Curse of Frailty. Later either nuke skill or procs, cause bosses will be taking some time to be killed. Flames of Ignaffar can deal damage but how you’ll sustain it?

I use 3 or 4 ectoplasm components to sustain Ignaffar, they give you energy and energy regen like mad :slight_smile:

I haven’t tried Word of Pain or Pox yet, I’ll give it a whorl! Since my first post I’ve reached level 37 and I’ve got a good chunk of points in Doom Bolt, Possession, Second Rite, and Flames of Ignaffar. 2 points in Sigil of Consumption for situational leech.

It does big damage, but by C’thon is it frail :frowning: I was sorta hoping it’d level like a ranged Purifier build but the Deceiver doesn’t have a basic attack he can use for ranged weapons so the damage wasn’t good going that route.

For now, I’ll switch from Ignaffar to Word of Pain and Pox, as you suggested.

1 Like

By the way you could totally combine Pain with another skill like Ignaffar.

In terms of attack replacer, you can use Shard of Beronath at level 55 I think. Before that your only option is the skill from ‘‘Troll’’ relic - Mistborn Talisman. But I doubt it will be better than caster route. I intend to level Purifier as ranged - 2H gun fire spec. Also Vindicator can be good with Thunderous Strike and 2H lightning weapon.

1 Like

Ah yeah Shard of Beronath is a melee component though, and this build is wayyyyy too squishy for melee. I was hoping for a ranged basic attack skill, like Fire Strike, that way I can start using those nifty inquisitor ranged passives.

Alas, I shall have to wait until I can equip that Rah Zin crossbow at…

Level 94? … wait, that sucks. I can’t use this build as intended until lvl 94? Oh man, this is gonna hurt for a looooong time. What a drag.

is it?

2 Likes

Thank you! I was misled by the wiki. Also, I totally overlooked the earlier reccomendation of Troll Rage from the Mistborn Talisman, which I am currently using to dual wield bloodsworn repeaters as a level :smiley:

the wiki is very outdated. Use Grim Tools for items and skills description

1 Like

Wrong wiki - you want this one.

https://grimdawn.gamepedia.com/Grim_Dawn_Wiki

The other is very outdated.

2 Likes

Does this build need any updates for 1.1.7.0?

1 Like

Beautifully optimized, I’m going to use your build as I’m starving for some shooting action.

How about Hydra + Eye of the Guardian for even more healing?
Sailor can be taken instead of Panther but then OA is not maintained.
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/62aMlXB2

1 Like

Does Zantai play Rah’Binger? :zantai: :grava_yes:

Salve!

Build-Update 1.1.4.1 - 1.1.7.1

• Components: exchanged Sanctified Bone in Head/Chest for Prismatic Diamond/Living Armor (nerf of racial bonus)
  • Components: exchanged one Bloodied Crystal in Ring for Runebound Topaz (more HP/DA for a bit Armor/Bleed Res)
  • Gear: exchanged prefix “Thunderstruck” in Boots for “Renegade’s” crafted with Stun Res (fits better for Resistances [Stun, Pierce, Aether] and frees some spots for other Arguments)
  • Devotions: skipped Solemn Watcher, Fiend and Spear of Heavens for Hydra, Eye of the Guardian, 7/7 Dying God and Blue Nod Crossroads -> thanks to tqFan (if you wanna go more def -> exchange Eye of the Guardian with Quill and skip Hawk for Ghoul)
  • Skills: skipped Sigil of Consumption/Destruction (2 Points)
  • Skills: reduced Curse of Frailty from 7 to 5 (2 Points)
  • Skills: took Horn of Gandarr (1 Point)
  • Skills: Bursting Round from 6 to 8 (2 Points)
  • Skills: Storm Spread from 7 to 8 (1 Point)

There are some item-changes in the patches since 1.1.4.1 like the Stun-Res mentioned before. Every change in numbers are included in the following results.

Result

• HP 10.520 -> 11.091
  • OA 3.149 -> 3.237
  • DA 3.010 -> 3.131
  • Armor 2.098 -> 1.966
  • Stun-Res 61% -> 77%
  • Physical Res 32% -> 33%
  • Slow Res 68% -> 80%

The build won from 1.1.4.1 to 1.1.7.1 and with the above mentioned changes.

5 Likes

For levelling this build do you recommend bloody pox or word of pain? I’m looking forward to trying this build out since I actually have almost all of the pieces. Will this build do well against Lokarr?

I suggest you use Rune of Kalastor/Rune of Hagarrad (Artifact Handling, Aura of Censure, Vulnerability) for leveling.
Killing Lokarr is no problem. Easy tanking. Overcap fire res by 40 (added video).

1 Like

Hello, Poisonman2. Thank you for the build.
Would you swap Ignaffar’s combustion for Solael’s decimation for a ~220 OA boost or is it rather unnecessary in this case?

P.S. In case you wouldn’t trade aforementioned relics… I’ll ask another question. Would you swap Combustion band for a second Voidheart?

Hello, don’t underestimate rr (resistance reduction). To answer your questions, no i wouldn’t. Why would you swap Combustion Band for a second Voidheart?

+OA, fire→chaos conversion
Attack speed, DA and RR on myth combustion band look useful as well

how does it look in 1.1.9.0?

2 Likes

Also wondering this!

I had a extensive look into the 1.1.9.0 and 1.1.9.1 patch notes because I was interested in doing this build as well, seems this build was more or less unchanged, in fact it was actually buffed in a minor way in 1.1.9.1 (The Harbinger’s Message set added more % weapon damage to doom bolt, up to 100% now. As well as a aoe size adjustment to doom bolt to 3m)
@Dlightfull this also applies to you :smiley:

2 Likes