[1.1.4.1] The Stingray - Chillheart Bonemonger, Cold DW WPS Infiltrator

25th Aug 2019 Update 1: Thanks to @mad_lee for reminding me about cunning dump. With that and more racial damage, the build cut its clear time by 30sec!

The Build

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2EbeXlV
Screenshot with all permanent buff + Word of Renewal, Pneumatic Burst, Lethal Assault, Deadly Aim, and Sitting on Inquisitor Seal.
DPS shown is Beronath’s Fury

Old setup with Mark of shadow queen, more defensive with more DA:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/eZP7RQPV

Build Feature

Upside:

• Insane cruci clear speed
  • DW Melee gameplay

Cons:Downside:

• Mediocre acid overcap and stun res, definitely need more defensive setup with ADCTH or potion in SR.
Build Overview

Sorry for flooding the build thread with bonemonger build. I just still have so many ideas around it and I think this build deserves its own thread. And I haven’t posted an infiltrator for a long time.

This time we make it as infiltrator with double chillheart, converting all of the elemental damage purely to cold. As always, cold devo proc is always weak except blizzard. With the full conversion, we make full use of elemental seeker and ultos. Combine with big OA for consistently proccing ultos and wake of bones.

Defense is good: Good lifesteal, 21/12 Inquisitor seal, 18/12 censure reduced damage, 38% phys res, 30% dodge, ghoul proc, and decent 2.1k armor with 92% absorb.

Equipment Choices

Craft all for stun res. Get as max pierce>cold conversion as possible, get as max aether>elemental as possible, get 100% fire + lightning conversion to cold.

Core Items:
Bonemonger Set.
Dread Sigils of Alkamos Set. [converting some pierce to cold, good stats overall, and decent proc]
Main / Off Hand: 2x Chillheart. [Cold EoR items, but we make use of it for its full cold conversion]
Gloves: Mythical Chilling Grip of Hagarrad. [Converting up to 30% pierce to cold, relevant skill bonus, and good stats overall]
Belt: Ugdenbog Waistguard. [Freshly buffed at 1.1.4.0 giving aether>elemental conversion and +inquisitor. Tempest prefix is BiS. Use whatever you like though.]

Supporting Items:

Pants: Mythical Chausses of Barbaros. [Still best overall pants for auto-attacker]
Boots: Mythical Final March. [Very good defensive boots with slow res]
Medal: Mythical Undying Oath. [Nightblade’s cold medal providing huge amount of flat cold]
Relic: Nidalla’s Outbreak. [Current best Nightblade relic, especially because we are converting pierce damage. Get completion bonus for lethal assault and shadow step]
Movement Rune: Use whatever you like. I use Rune of Ultos’ Arrival currently.

Devotions

Conversion Devo, specially crafted for this build

Rumor > to Inquisitor Seal
Elemental Storm > to Blade Spirit
Hand of Ultos > to Storm Box of Elgoloth
Elemental Seeker > to Beronath’s Fury
Ghoulish Hunger > to whatever permanent buff

Gameplay

Keybind:
LMB: Beronath’s Fury
RMB: Amarasta’s Blade Burst
Mouse scroll up/down: Ring of Steel
Keyboard 1: Movement Rune
Keyboard 2: Shadow Strike
Keyboard 2: Storm Box of Elgoloth
Keyboard 3: Inquisitor Seal
Keyboard 4: Word of Renewal
Keyboard 5: Pneumatic Burst

Standard procedure:
Always have Word of renewal and Pneumatic Burst active
Shadow Strike / movement rune in
Summon inquisitor seal below you
Cast stormbox to enemy horde, always cast it to different enemy when you have it ready.
Cast ABB to trigger lethal assault
Then hold your beronath’s fury button while still casting stormbox and ABB each 2-3 sec.

Cast ring of steel only if you are surrounded by many enemies and/or when facing dangerous bosses or nemeses.

Due to the nature of wake of bones’ proc, you always want the enemy to be in front of you.

Build Performance Crucible: Update 1. For 170 Crucible, video with 4 buff without banner:

5:55 clear time. As usual, this is a NO BANNER run.

Old video with mark of shadow queen, still without banner (6:25 clear time):
https://youtu.be/WpqbM9_mado

Mark of shadow queen setup is sturdier, the new setup is faster by sacrificing 100 DA.

Shattered Realm:
Haven’t checked yet.

My current fastest bonemonger, enjoy… :wink:

Deathmarked, what’s thattt??? :crazy_face:

Alternate Version

@mad_lee decided to make his own version of the build in 1.1.5.2:

4 Likes

Yes, so much win, cold build with Elemental seekers proc :medal_sports: Very interesting usage of Bonemonger set. Sometimes generic set can initiate some out of the box ideas.

About runes, I used currently in my cold builds too Ultos arrival.

1 Like

Go figure infiltrator would out perform all versions of apostate. Time to nerf nightblade wps :roll_eyes:

Time to put rofl icon after this sort of comments :rofl:

Infiltrator is much better class that Apostate. For starters Necro don’t have elemental RR.

Ofc melee class outperforms caster/pet class on melee. Nothing to do with nightblade wps being in time for nerfs or not.

@thejabrixone Tell me… I get the medal instead of the classic Undying Oath. This oa is hard to miss. But why the belt? Looks like an excuse to sneak in some green affixes lol. :rofl: :wink: +1 to nightblade is always better. And you don’t really have that much aether to throw yourself at that 20% aether to cold. 11 at the medal and the set proc. Not like you go for Atak Seru, Imp and Spear of the Heavens. Or am I missing sth? I was thinking normal Spellbreaker Belt and… BANE. That 4% adcth looks a little testy…

Also, really good top tier build. Chillhearts plus Seekers plus Ultos is a great idea.

1 Like

wow nice <3

1 Like

It’s inquisitor’s seal if anything, the one ability that lets you flat out ignore dots, ground damage, and most minor hits.

@Valinov: of course infiltrator will be better than apostate in this department. Necro is not really a melee class and it doesn’t have elemental RR. Siphon soul is horrible for RR. NB’s WPS got nothing on this. It’s just a nice damage addition…

@ya1: thanks ya!
I never really like undying oath. Its flat is enormous I know, but stats is lacking. Bonemonger build always scale better with high OA, so yeah.

Bane is in my previous iteration. But nidalla relic is better. If you see the video, 4% adcth is enough with bonemonger’s proc. The build cannot die in cruci. I was experimenting this and got surprised myself… :rofl:

Green belt is necessary, big aether>elemental conversion gives a big damage increase to bonemonger’s proc. This build is a bit peculiar as flat damage in weapon damage is decent at best but all the procs deal enormous damage due to that +3200% cold damage!

EDIT: The other thing to test is 2xreign of ice&fire ring. Resists will be hard to patched though…

Since when did chillheart full convert elemental to cold? Neat! I’ve always wanted to make a mono elemental seeker build that isn’t Pyran. Looks like I might steal this one :wink:

1 Like

I don’t remember. Maybe 1.1.3.0.
Blazeheart and storm heart also got interesting conversions. Props to crate! Will surely incite more interesting build in the future.

I’m not sure about that belt… it’s just 11 flat and 88 dmg on the proc, and you convert it to elemental not cold. With BiS green affixes it might be better than Spellbreaker but then again +1 to Nightblade…

Let’s math it. You get 13/5=2.6 global cold. And 88/5=17.6 cold to Bone proc. Is that better than 27 global cold? Can’t argue with all the goodies from green affixes, though.

The build is just not a typical auto-attacker in which spellbreaker will be better. Bonemonger’s proc is a big part of the build and converting it to relevant damage type is crucial for damage and survivability. That’s also what I found in doing all of this bonemonger build.

Also tempest prefix gives a lot of goodies, yeah. :stuck_out_tongue:

Another nice Bonemonger. Although I can’t believe you haven’t used Undying Oath medal. Should be a crime punishable by law. Look how much more flat you get with it.

1 Like

I know you will be suggesting for another undying oath. But then I see your GT and surprised that you can have higher OA than mine with undying oath.

Dumping points in cunning is the one I overlooked! Interesting…
Gonna give it a go and see if it can go to 6 minutes unbannered. :+1:

EDIT: Stun res looks sad though. might need different setup for SR

11\12 Anatomy of Murder + some Cunning dump was a big improvement on a lot of Nightblade builds for me personally. Especially ones that rely on crits (Alkamos proc, Bonemonger proc, Nex and Ortus proc). OA scales insanely well on those setups!

About stun res - I found that it’s less important on melee auto-attackers and more important on kiting casters. But 35-40% is a minimum, yeah.

For SR, will need thunderstruck prefix. Or sacrifice the head component for leathery hide.

Res overcap is still a problem, and need either potions or shrines

I’d switch to Tranquil + Stormtitans. Fixes stun res, acid res and health. Loses lots of da, though.

But imo concern number one when respecting to SR would be adcth…

Anyways I did a two or three dozen runs this week. SR is easy now. Aggro abuse almost never fails. So even if you get stunned by Valdaran or Iron Maiden by their lonesome it’s not the end of the world (as long as you stay on the Seal). I did 75 on those two FoI I posted and the first one had 0% stun res outside Ascension (1 pointed).

1 Like

Updating the build with undying oath, cunning dump, and racial damage.

Clear time goes below 6 minutes unbannered and become my current fastest melee for now:

5:55 clear time.

Deathmarked? What’s that??? :crazy_face:

@ya1: you are right. With current setup, more adcth Will definitely helping. When I straight up tried Madlee’s GT suggestions, the build feels squishier due to 100 less DA. I solve it by adding more racial damage because reaper, moosie, and grava is a bitch.

So, the fastest cold melee set is Bonemonger :face_with_monocle:

Coming up next, fastest acid set is going to be Dreeg, fastest physical Spellscourge and so on…

1 Like

Glad my suggestions work. There is really no way around Undying Oath for cold melee Nightblades. Below 6 minutes unbannered is siiiiiiiick.

EDIT: I would also suggest “cold” melee devotion route - with DG, Ultos and full amatok (as well as Revenant), but it seems like you like yours because it adds more “flavour” to the build. I wonder which map would be faster here.

1 Like