[1.1.4.2-1.1.8.1] Shieldbreaker from A to Z, including end game, budget build+leveling guide

Yeah its easier to have info gathered in one thread I think . You can just link to my post in the first post :slight_smile: like “Ulvars build journal” if you want

I will edit the topic later, with dropdown menus. First will be your DW version and second my original one. But I will probably wait for some extra layers, so that I can copy&paste it all. Stealing is sharing, right? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

yes steal as much as you want! I let you know when I am done (I have 80% of the text in word file so just need to copy pasta and add links)

It was very fun char to make! Note my high phys res and DA

Edit: @Nery I am done!!! steal as much as you want for the first post in thread :slight_smile:

1 Like

I added your guide to the top. When I add end game build will mix both guides with end game gearing section and performance and will delete most of mine.

About end game version, which set you like IK, Justicar or SR? And what about weapons purples vs MI?

Not sure, have not played EoR since basically FG was released. I was thinking about doing some research and try to make some grimtools for fully gear char and then do some testings in game.

I looked a bit at plasmos build that is based in IK set. I did this version in Grim Tools https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2E04AnN and this is a version with SR set https://www.grimtools.com/calc/1NXQmyP2 (not sure about energy regen on this)

So I tried some EoR builds. First I made based on IK set but it was way to squish for me. I came up with this based on SR set https://www.grimtools.com/calc/mN4g7EmZ decent tanky, not that high sustain. Idea was bind bat to BWC so we can heal in case we stop spinning. MI belt help with bat conversion. Tip of scales was added for QoL energy. Maybe one good rolled MI EoR axe is good for also heal from tip of scales (can try later) otherwise Alladrah was better damage. With this version I made 75-76 many times, but still no deathless run - always dies 1 time :sweat_smile:

I am not big fan of EoR in cruci/shards, even with 80% CC res you get stopped by spinning so often which hurts damage and sustain. Not a fun skill for me, it is no near the counterpart skills in Diablo 3 and Path of exile. Heck, even whirlwind skill in diablo 2, a 20y old game, feel smoother for me :smiley: Very fun leveling and campaign build for me though.

Hey, nice Build.

I’ve got a Question about the Devotions. Wouldn’t it be better to take Rhowans Crowm above the Witchblade? The RR from the Pets and the Witchblade shouldnt stack.

They stack, the -Y% debuffs (from different sources) stacks, it is the flat “X reduced” that you can maximum have one of.

I thought it was.
for exampe: Fire% // Elemental% // Resistance% one of Each?

the -Y% debuffs you can have how many of as you like, as long as they come from different sources (like the Guardians auras will not stack with eachother - only one can debuff a monster).

e.g here we have -x% from termite mines, solael witchblade devo proc and the guardians aura. All of this stacks.

We already have one source of flat RR, the tip of the scales proc.

The “X reduced targets elemental resistances” on elemental storm is X fire, X cold and X lightning.

The “X reduced targets resistances” on tip of the scales is X fire, Xcold, Xlightning, Xpierce, X physical, X bleed, Xaether and X chaos.

just read your link, Thanks for clarification!

1 Like

Hi everyone,
I recently started playing Grim Dawn and i love it. I come from a diablo 1,2,3 background and warrior/barb was my cup of tea, with fast attacks or whirlwind, so i naturally stumbled upon this build and it suits me just right. I’m lvl 65 right now and loving the playstyle. I just hope when i hit ultimate at some point with the items shown above i can play normally, w/out any difficulties or too much deaths.
Sticking to the basics now, learning the game, the mechanics and not worrying about late game farming.

Thank you @Nery, @Ulvar1 and all others who pitched in for this awesome build.

P.S. waiting for the end game build as well :wink:

I posted build I made and played for a while here [1.1.4.2-1.1.8.1] Shieldbreaker from A to Z, including end game, budget build+leveling guide

happy you liked build, It was very fun to make (though I am not a fan of the EoR skill in high SR due to you get interrupted with CC and also not having a good computer hurts too :smiley: )

Yup that’s the one i’m following!

I feel you on the need to have a better pc, although i get stutters (quick 1sec fps drops) in the game on any video setting. I don’t know why that is? Played w/out antialiasing, shadows, lighting…etc still the stutters persist. Maybe it needs an upgrade in better compatibility and versatility when it comes to graphics.

Play without Vsync, update graphics drivers. If it doesn’t help , try windowed mode.

1 Like

I tried windowed, i think it solved my issues. Thank you

@Ulvar1 what about the Blademaster’s Talisman? Is it worth it? (btw do we ever get to proc mutilate skill with EoR?)
Also, what about Alazra’s Ruby for an amulet instead?
Thanks

Another one for you: why not get Magi + Ulzuin (5points to get meteor) and use both skills (fissure + meteor)?
So instead of 5 devo skills, you now have 6.
(You remove hawk or wendigo points)
Thank you

@lachdanan you can edit posts, click on the . . . and select the pen.

Blademaster talisman worth it? Nah, it is just a placeholder until we get the “Mythical Korvaak’s brand” medal that allows dual wield weapons. The “mutilate” will not activate from EoR because EoR is not a default attack replacer (this is why we dont use Smite skill from oathkeeper, it can not activate from EoR)

I valued physical resistances, that is why the wendigo node is there. Also I do not like to use lot of other skills when EoR’ing. Feel free to try other devotions and see what you prefer most.

Alazra’s ruby medal is great, can be used for sure.

2 Likes

So I just started playing GD and I’m following this guide. It says to go to FG asap and farm that axe. When exactly should I do that? Like I’m L14 should I go now or wait until a certain level and then go farm after as needed. Also how should I approach it, just run past everything and get that quest or complete everything up until then. Sorry I’m super green and I’m loving this game so far I’m just trying to figure out what’s what. Ty in advance.