[1.1.4.2] 2h Aether Spellbinder - 5:15 Crucible, SR80 [g4][c+][sr+][vid]

It appears that the skill proc has an error in Ashes of Malmouth that gives it 100% uptime (cooldown is shorter than the duration).

The cooldown is correct in the base game.

So expect it to be returned to its original cooldown of 3s (effectively a 1s delay between when the proc is active).

Em, is the proc Ok in FG or there is also an error like in AoM?

What about Ultos set proc? Descriptions look similar. When i tried to make a build with Ultos set with this sword, i compared two procs and decided itā€™s not worth it.

TBH i like 100% uptime on it, and it fits the lore note about being a ā€œconduitā€ yourself :grinning:

Maybe 35% nerf on proc dmg and 100% uptime would be better? Would make the performance more consistent as well.

1 Like

So i was wondering why the weapon is getting nerfed despite looking terrible on Aether EOR. Well, there you go.

Also isnt it weird archblade gets CDR AND attack speed while wrath of tenebris only gets attack speed :pensive:

@sephelutis: Tenebris is also loaded to the gills with skill modifiers, and conversion though. :confused:

It is debateble if their modifiers are good enough. Frankly iā€™d give up 40% lightning conversion for 18% CDR on it anyday.

Soulfire is beyond fucked for Chaos EOR, might as well use it for the damage reduction buff.

Thatā€™s interesting. Out of curiosity, what would you use the CDR for? DB?

More ascension up time, infinite hungering void time, stacking sigil of consumption to trigger various procs. More doombolts to one shot pesky arcane mobs. Also, minor increase in flame torrent proc rate.

Its just to fill its own niche really. Rather than another boring one button build theres abit more going on, and with good sigil management you get the benifit of leeching while stunned. More hungering void up time would buff the build significantly. More ascension means its abit safer.

With 18% CDR it is also possible to go for time dilation + hungering void for basically infinite ascension and hungering void up time. Thatā€™d fill itā€™s own spot amongst other EOR builds.

1 Like

how do you even lvl up this character? when can I switch to 2h?

You donā€™t level with this build. Callidorā€™s Tempest and Bone Harvest have no synergy with each other without the weapon and the conversion. This build is for max level when you have the gear.

@Drakhan:

Hi, and welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

I would level the build by getting kreigā€™s set. @nery did up a pretty neat krieg set binder using callidorā€™s which is noob friendly.

Feel free to ask him for more advice

1 Like

Hi !

How are we supposed to get Kymonā€™s augment as Necro ?

I guess that you can choose them as single class but itā€™s way too late for me :frowning:

edit: replaced it with Flameweave Powder.

@Nery Is it viable to do a Aether PRM Spellbinder with Krieg set?

Builds like this were posted in the past and were moderately good, then medal and other support gear was nerfed. Now Spellgaze was added aether damage, so I think the best strategy is to go 4 pieces Krieg+Spellgaze for extra sustain. It will not be better than Invoker but will be decent build.

Oh right, my dirty GD Stashing self never considers things like that. Yeah, reconfiguring the augments with flameweave powder is the way to go to fix it.

Hey @Plasmodermic, I just wanted to say thanks for the build! I have been punishing myself trying to make a piano build with this weapon and the Bonemonger set for a while now, but I eventually ended up going down a different path than your current idea and my initalā€¦ incredible failure of an idea. My idea largely failed because all of the converters (trying to max elemental and vitality) to aether donā€™t mesh very well with Inquisitor, and thereā€™s a lot of buttons to press to do very little; but I was so strongly opposed to dropping Death Sentence, so I kept trying. Your post has helped me let it go. Iā€™d like to share my build with you that was heavily inspired by yours to make!
The Build.

Iā€™ll concede it requires some hefty MIā€™s and I GD stashed the shit out of this buildā€¦ and Iā€™m still a bit of a build novice, but it finally feels like the character I always wanted to play: A dude from the netherworld and his absurdly big sword and spooky ghost buddies have come back to fuck. shit. up.

So thanks mate!

1 Like

Glad I could be of help! Interesting to see you trying reap spirit, Iā€™ve tried a full divinerā€™s spellbinder in the past with reap spirit, but it just felt worse than clairvoayant aar unforunately. One piece of advice I have is 1 pointing inferno and maybe dropping some points in overload to pick up bone harvest and maxing soul harvest. It will add another button to your piano but it should be stronger. Most of the damage from inferno is burn damage which canā€™t be converted to aether.

Also, I know it takes away from the style of having a massive sword, but using chain lightning or stormfire should be stronger too. It gives you a filler that will be stronger than auto attacks.

Do you mean something along these lines? https://www.grimtools.com/calc/m23qp3BZ
I can see how boneharvest would be a great boon to improving weapon damage and would be nice burst to tie in, and the crit damage on lightning is really cool. Iā€™ll definitely miss Reaping Arcā€™s adcth and cool swishing attacks though. You can tell Iā€™m already trying to talk myself out of it lol. And if Iā€™m not using Reaping Arc then I might as well just use Serenity or something for the CB, but then I lose a point in Reap Spirit which is my fun single target nukeā€¦

Letā€™s just say Iā€™ll consider it! Iā€™ll definitely try the point adjustment and get bone harvest going but Iā€™m gonna stick with the corruption (and itā€™s easy juicy devotion procs) for now.

Thereā€™s no reason you canā€™t still use reaping arc on cooldown. Chain lightning is just supposed to be a filler between all your cooldowns.

I am such a fool, of course! I had a little brain hiccup there and forgot it has a cooldown. Thank you so much for your input. :smiley: