[1.1.4.2] 2h Aether Spellbinder - 5:15 Crucible, SR80 [g4][c+][sr+][vid]

I’m too tired to test it right now but I think I’ll change to something like this. IEE really doesn’t add that much damage, but hardcapping fabric does seem worth it. I know people don’t like Dread, but I like having the extra range.

Why do people hate dread? It’s easier lifestealing and nuke for 1 point.

Confuse sucks. I think the extra range is definitely worth it though.

How is it a nuke in aether builds?

260% weapon damage on a build with 25k aether average is a nuke.

I don’t think dread does 260% WD…I think it adds a lil’ but of %damage, 2m range, vit decay, and confusion

BH is a nuke. Adding that range = better coverage for the nuke

Right, ok. I understand where you’re coming from now. I thought you were saying that dread itself was a nuke and I was confused :stuck_out_tongue:

Dread does that to people :wink:

1 Like

We had that discussion already. On “proper” binders (with Aeon ofc :wink:) I prefer to just tank and see what’s up, if it’s getting hairy first Mirror for 100% safety, which gives me three seconds to choose the right target for MoT.

Anyways, when depending on the classic Mirror-MoT-TD circulation the main thing is to minimize the holes. So I’m all for capping that Mirror because those 2 seconds make a difference. I was running AAR lately with 2.5 da/no armor/no phys res (to see how low I can go with traditional defense) and it’s all good once you get crafty with the active defense.

I added a pretty lucky 5:11 run with less inferno and more crit damage/aether damage.

@sir_spanksalot I got a 5:20 run with chain lightning and I think it might actually end up being the better version. I’ll give it some more runs and see if I can improve on it. I’ll try stormfire too just to see how they compare.

1 Like

The thing people overlook about stuff like fabric of reality is that the bonus offered on it is global.

So unless you’re trading that for something huge (e.g. totems + imp), you should just leave it be.

Ghoul fixes this. Trust me, 12/12 mirror is only needed if you’re still struggling even with ghoul.

@x1x1x1x2 - it was. Just never got round to it. IT’S ALL ABOUT DAT 2H CASTER LIFE DOE.

Several things made me reluctant to try it:

• Back then, binders went for starpact. So the sheet damage didn’t seem impressive
  • Vit conversion belt here is just huge. I had a hard time fixing res IIRC

Added a 5:00 run. I wanted to get under 5, but couldn’t quite get there. Still, a lot better than I was hoping for.

Jeez. You must pilot really well (I can’t access YouTube now to see for myself). Have you tried AAR yet? Last time I maxed mine I couldn’t go below 5:17, and I really did max it (full spirit dump, imp, no bat, etc.). No way this is faster!

@plasmodermic: Would you mind helping me test my druid? Game crashes when I add in the graphics of imp + totem because my PC can’t handle it :stuck_out_tongue:

Feel free to say no, of course. No pressure whatsoever.

Sure, I’d be happy to. No guarantees tonight because I’m pretty tired, but I can try it tomorrow

@ya1 I haven’t played any AAR at max level, but I leveled with it for a while. I wanted to make something different and it seemed like every variant of AAR had been done before. I might give it a go at some point to see how it goes. Can you link me the GT?

Great. whenever you get the chance. I’ll PM you the save file later today.

Good job on that run, btw.

:zantai:

This one is probably the fastest setup but you gotta avoid disrupt. [1.1.2.4] AARMAGEDDON: Spellbinder (Crucible 5:21) I maxed dmg further by fitting in Imp and losing Bat (don’t remember how though) and full Spirit dump. There’s also a save file in that thread, it’s an older setup but should have all the gear in the inventory.

EDIT: I remember how. I had to lose Hawk for that Imp. You can also try just switching Bat for Fiend. Also I finished DG in the max dmg setup somehow.

Like this? Rat sucks, but I don’t see another way to do it.

EDIT: Unless you drop ghoul for jackal. Probably not.

Very nice and creative build with surprisingly good results, gj! @Plasmodermic