[1.1.2.4 - 1.1.4.2] AARMAGEDDON: Spellbinder

I think one of the best feature of the fleshwarped tome is its vitality conversion help you leech better from bat?
Also Interesting that in your setup, the WD mod from conduit will let you leech better than essence of grim dawn.

A side question, have you explored the reap spirit mod from this redesigned clairvoyant? Is it worth the trouble to max?

Flashwarped Tome still converts 23% lighting to aether when the mods zero out. Now that the total conversion on the Tome is only 30% it’s not a big loss to use full Clairvoyaint. And that set is so good.

Bat is so good on AAR, and Fleshwarped makes it real strong. I love it. And you don’t have to push global adcth too high. The only problem is in SR, when binding Widow to Aether Corruption (second best option after AAR), you can’t cast it from afar on far away mobs or ranged bosses. I even considered binding Widow to Devastation for SR.

Reap Spirit, I never tried, but 1) I’m not a big fan of single target nukes, 2) AAR won’t like interruptions so often (it should be about 1.8s cooldown on RS). Cabalist, maybe? Or non-AAR binder?

Any thoughts on that vit-> aether MI belt?

Im obssessed with it because pure Aether twinfangs lol, feel dirty when i still have vit damage in the mix.

Yeah, Chains of Ygraad, not worth it in any configuration I could find. Violent Decay is the binder belt.

First of all, there are no good affixes with acid res. There’s Incorruptible but you really want Tempest for oa or Dread Lord’s for adcth/aether damage. Needed stats don’t mix on the same affixes.

But above all you want fire to aether for Devastation. Better Bat is not worth giving up on that. Besides, what people overlook very often is that a secondary dmg type is not completely useless. Vitality damage is not zero damage. This toon has 1.4-1.5k% global vitality and 25+36=61 rr. It’s definitely not nothing.

Thats a real shame as we finally got some good MI thats not a pant, i wonder if i roll an aetherblaze proc on it would it make up the difference in devastation.

This belt could’ve been used on the ancient Clairvoyant nuker. It used Bone Harvest, and iirc had enough elemental to aether to lose Violent Decay. Or it hasn’t.

Maybe on some Theodin Marcell mace builds with Bone Harvest. Or aether Drain Essence that don’t wanna use full Uroboruuk.

Why use reckless power when the clairvoyant set converts the fiire and lightning of AAR into vitality and aether? wouldnt harbringer of souls be a better exclusive skill?

This is an old spec thats pretty much killed by the nerf on Anasteria helm. The new clairvoyant pure spirit does indeed have habringer instead for the lifesteal.

Here its easy access for devestation as well.

I don’t understand. Why would that make Reckless bad?

It would if you’re looking for more adcth at the cost of dmg.

I updated the build like 3 times since then.

I wouldn’t call Roman’s binder “The New Clairvoyant.” It’s surprisingly fast but lack of Aeon and way to Harbinger paved with points from Mirror make it extremely hard to play on those extreme suicidal setups.

Finally got some time for some grinding and updated with a new 3+1 4:37 run on a suicidal setup

2 Likes

Holy shit good job lad! \m/

EDIT Interesting thing though. How do you wear pants with 662 physique requirement having only 574 physique? :thinking:

I think it’s %physique crafts from Angrim (he can get up to 16% to physique, should be enough)

Congrats on a great run :stuck_out_tongue:

Now that’s really smart :smiley:. I guess this will be a challenge :grinning:

That’s physique crafts. Not sure but I think they might give minimally more offensive power from sprit dump than crit dmg crafts.

Not much time though. I feel AAR is gonna get serious nerfs. Maybe even end up like Deathmarked.

Try this one, really. It’s a little stronger than Ratosh. I played both. The only problem is the FUCKING BILECLAW THE MOST OP ENEMY. He’s like celestial-tier threat. More than any nemesis.

1 Like

Ohh yeah. I feel ya. Dissruption > grava nullify xD.
Edit. Send me this last updated file and i’ll record some runs amd send you the best :wink:

Grava also got a nasty disrupt but - as opposed to Bileclaw you can do nothing about - Grava’s disrupt is on his Blitz so you can just blink in so that he starts his melee instead of blitzing.

_Marvalias2.zip (1.1 MB) It’s a bit different from the gt because I was lazy to change the res on the conduit. Pierce is more economical than acid.

A few tips:
Use Devastation generously unlike your own spec but always follow with a blink into a mob if possible to proc Aeon. On dangerous waves you can do that same with active defense: Mirror->MoT->blink. The classic.
On 152 (top-left) and on Mad Queen wave (top-right) there’s a chance for the arch-nemesis Bileclaw. No real strategy, try to AAR him asap and hope. But he can cast that disrupt in no time, and it’s not telegraphed in any way. It’s not a death threat but gimps the timer af.
Leech is comparatively shit so if you run out of Mirror-MoT and there’s still Fabius+Reaper/Maiden/other heavy hitter then most likely game over.

1 Like

I’ll see what i can pull off out of this :smiley:. For Bileclaw on 152 i found it useful to first kill bottom left spawn fast and immediately tp/charge just lower than the middle section like right under that platform. This way you form a straight line between the top left, top right and middle spawns. If you get lucky fleshweaver/caraxus might come at you fast for ideal positioning. In most cases it worked fine to me, just focusing on killimg hero mobs asap while trash dies from colateral damage. I am surprised tho you didnt used Fallen Kings.

Don’t be so pessimistic :stuck_out_tongue:

Huh. I get it. I just laser some top-right hoping for the best, first. Get the heal-on-death basisks next. And go to Fleshviewer last. I never even notice bottom-left spawn.

But I get it. Not being in Bileclaw’s range right away makes him move and then when you jump him, AI might forget about the disrupt and start doing something else. Also, skeletons are super useful.

Sadly, yeah. Aeon proc chance on Fallen Kings is too hairy. Necessary evil.

Remember Agrivix? It was saved by arcanist overbuffs but before that it was kinda crap for a long time. And Clair is stronger than Agrivix ever was. It gives me a weird sense of CLAIRVOYANCE about what might happen in 1.1.5.0 :wink: