[1.1.4.2] 2H Callidor's Tempest Druid (C+) - Guide is WIP

Now? Did the formula change? I’ll have to check it.

No. Formula didn’t change. Debuffs from mobs changed.

And they are so frequent that softcapping null isn’t going to be enough.

I don’t know all the abilities that well yet. Who has OA debuff? I remember lots of DA debuffs.

TBH, it’s hard to say because I’m not going to look up all the heroes attacking me. Too many of them.

But if you open up character sheet every once in a while, you’ll see your OA getting chunked.

They also buff each other with DA.

That deep into calculations is twighlight zone, i think it has to be tested live at that point. Definitely crucial for my variant with 138% crit dmg :smile:

It’s been tested. I was very surprised too.

Test subject: @thejabrixone’s iskandra TSS sorc

Initially, jabby had close to 4k OA on his original devotion set up, and was managing ~6min clears.

I thought that OA was overkill, so I suggested a change in devotion pathing with less OA, but more offensive procs.

OA dropped to 3.4k, clear time increased by about 10-15s on average.

EDIT: This is also despite the fact that my devotion pathing net him ~150% more elemental damage too.

Did many things change? I was thinking more about just straight up removing oa from the existing build with huge oa, easier to see the difference

Devotion pathing changed. The links are in his guide

Btw is anyone else feeling spear is not in a good shape for lightning despite access to dots? Ultos is obvious and with 10 green i find Korvaak performing better. And its more accesible.

Sorry for offtopic, didnt want to make a separate thread. The nodes are nothing special and the proc dps falls short for a single target skill.

Spear is great with aether/lightning conversion. The fact that it’s an on hit trigger, increases lightning max res, etc. makes it all the more desirable.

I would only take korvaak if I really needed the OA/DA shred.

this is why I despise you. wtf are you apologizing for :stuck_out_tongue: ! you’re fine mate

I mean i have 100% aether to lightning in my build. Still i prefer korvaak. It ends up doing more dmg to a single target as well because all the projectles run through big bosses several times. Ican only see spear advantage in on enemy hit nature - if you have nothing to bind korvaak to. But how often does that happen on a lightning build anyway?

Pretty often. Like in my build - I’ve got nothing to bind korvaak to.

In my experience 3.3-3.4 oa is the sweet spot for max dmg when you’re close to about 100% crit dmg (global + on skill), and even more gains if you go beyond that (like AAR, PRM, TSS - pretty much everything arcanist has massive crit dmg on skill).

The textbook 3k is a noob trap. Korvaak is shite. It gives 1/2-2/3 of what other T3 devos give: %dmg, oa, crit (EDIT: crit dmg was nerfed on most devos so scratch that). Proc is cool, that oa/da shred is tempting, in the vacuum maybe even better, but Spear is heavens better overall.

@sir_spanksalot why no totems? With cdr you should have solid 3 at all times.

nice one i like it

1 Like

@ya1: What skill points would you give up for it? IEE?

EDIT: I didn’t go totems because %electrocute is kinda low. Do you think it’s worth trading the flat + %damage on IEE?

It’s pretty big. 1 skill point is 4 flat + 11% ele

I’m on mobile for the whole week (hospital) and I can’t really use gt. But Totems are worth it imo. Another fire and forget skill would fit perfectly in this concept.

Probably, yeah, IEE. You don’t really use that flat except 40% on Stormfire and procs.

I also looked at your gt and wondered why no Savagery. You could switch Time-Flux to Storm Witch with the slow res. But I guess skill points aren’t there.

And extremely powerful on lightning with Cinder gloves and Dawnshard chest is Imp. It made huge difference in my Cyclomentalist Shoot broke all-time crucible record with. Don’t know how it can fit in with Kraken, though.

Get better soon. <3

Let us know if we can do anything to help

I don’t like the interruption. Feels very awkward on a ranged caster. If I were going savagery, I’d use seal of corruption

I actually tested imp. But to proc it reliably, I’d have to bind stormfire to imp, CT to widow. And I don’t like the unreliability of that.

@ya1:

EDIT: Might be worth getting imp with totems. I’ll try that,

Nice to see Arcblade getting more of the attention it deserves.

+1 on the sanctified bone and storm totems + imp. Have you tried tainted heart in the medal? Extra crit damage is always nice.

Actually, sanctified bone here is a DPS loss (I tried a couple of runs). The reason being is that because my DA is so shite, I’m constantly getting chunked to the point where prismatic rage activates.

Not only does the damage absorb and flat HP allow me to facetank better (i.e. more DPS), the +20% damage goes a long way.

Yup! Sounds like I know what I’m going to do for my study break tomorrow!

Have you seen my DA? :stuck_out_tongue:

Riiiight, DA. I did kind of overlook that. Could’ve sworn that 2 at the start was a 3. Just one point short of being able to pick up solemn watcher with imp. That’s unfortunate.