[1.1.4.2] Dark one's ritualist megaTANK - (Naked farmer, C+, Ongoing levelling journal included)

not trying to start a debate here

my two cents however are that crucible in my opinion is the tedious option which is why I dislike it, wave after wave of samey mobs, mutators and boss combinations may differ
very very rewarding but predictable and boring for the most part

SR is a lot more like campaign, which has always been my prefered area of playing
not losing progress to dying is pretty nice, some mutator/boss combinations on the other hand aren’t fun at all
but at least I don’t get that treadmill feeling

yeah, I personally don’t care about speed and by the crucible definition SR is pretty much naked
you can use shrines of course, but they offer far less benefit than crucible buffs and banners

That is not true. In Crucible you get attacked from all sides and if your damage is sub-par you will get debuffed into nothingness and killed eventually. SR allows for much weaker underoptimized builds to squeeze thru just by aggro abusing bosses and being tanky enough to take 1on1 fights.

This discussion has been done over and over and there is a reason why all top builders test their stuff in Crucible first. And it’s not because they like Crucible or anything, it’s just because that’s the best way to test your endgame spec and make it all-around good.

Like I said, I wasn’t trying to start a debate, so let’s not debate it
If Crucible is a good benchmark tool that doesn’t make it less tedious or more fun and that was what this was all about
I’m not ruling out the effectiveness of using it for testing, nor am I confirming that it’s something “all top builders” should do

Ah, about that. Yeah, Crucible can be fucking tedious, can’t disagree here. Although personally I don’t find SR design fun at all, but that’s just me. Endgame in arpgs is bound to be tedious at some point, imo

1 Like

Journal entry for levels 45 - 53 has been added. It’s a big one.

Journal entry 46

It’s been a third month of my journey. I am growing up. I’ve heard tales and legends about mythical Conjurer of the Dark Arts, the most powerful caster in all of Cairn. When I grow up I wanna be like him.
But it seems like I am growing into some boomerang throwing half-arkovian half-australian rituals buro enthuasiast. What a fucking shame. Crikey.

3 Likes

#cykablyat

2 Likes

And vodka! :dizzy_face: Strong text

1 Like

whut

This was before lee’s conurer :stuck_out_tongue:

It only performs to a similar level as lee’s with greens for my version

Entry for 53 - 60 up

For next builds just copy that and edit the contents :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yup, that’s how I did my beginners guides. Which reminds me that Sir Spanksalot could of stolen my formatting but no he’s too noble :smile:

1 Like

Hey Spanks, as I said did one SR run. After some thinking decided to upload these 2 videos from my try.

SR 79 boss chunk with Kaisan and Teo.

And this masterpiece, SR 83 with hilarious Grava Thul kiting. I suck so bad at timing and can’t make the difference from his balls and relic proc. So run Forest, run! :smile:

2 Likes

@nery - Firstly, thanks so much for taking all that time for me. <3

Secondly, this is what grava’s animation looks like when he’s casting his ball:

I dunno why you can’t see the projectile here, but it may be because of the lowered graphic settings.

EDIT: basically, it’s relatively safe to facetank grava until he starts raising his arms. That’s when you blink behind obstacles to avoid his ball

1 Like

Thanks!

Actually I played on rock bottom graphics and even Mad Queen don’t have red aura :smile:

But here relic proc looks so similar to Grava’s and I am bad at timing and didn’t want to risk killing me. So video looks awkward. But next wave I died. Grava+Shattered version of Anasteria, Valdaran and Bennie. Just mind blowing combination.

Level 60 - 70 entry up.

I decided to try levelling in SR, and while it wasn’t a challenge (granted, I stopped at shard 15 in normal), it was so incredibly boring.

I have no idea how you guys tolerate SR.

what is the most powerfull set in game right now?

In terms of what?

in the whole game in general what is the best set avaliable in game right now