[1.1.4.2] Fire AAR Sorcerer: Haze

Playing AAR correct strategy is to keep mobs straight in line in front of you cause that’s how you do your damage. Also I prefer to play with banner and set camp in bottom left area. After I kill things in bottom left corner quickly and turn my back to the spawn zone, all enemies can be easily killed. And AAR damage allows for that play style. Also Displacement is God sent for casters, since you can move yourself out of trouble. Definitely useful against Kuba’s blood pools and ground damage as well as attacking mechanics of Nemesis. I use it on glassier specs to avoid Alex meteors or Grava’s attack.

in my video i tanked a couple of alex meteors. but i did half by accident port away from them one time it would have been my death so yeah definitely not playable without displacement.

I agreed with you on topic of that ring. Dont blame me for nothing.

Okay, sorry. It’s not possible to read someone’s tone/body language over the internet, so I must’ve misunderstood you.

Here sth for the mind: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/M2g9koWZ

More everything except phys res (more armor though) and energy regen (which is not needed with 160% energy absorb)

Not polished, though, ofc

1 Like

No dawnshard shoulders?

very cool indeed yes i have swapped that setting but not the devotions that compensate

what?

:smile:

It’s the devotions that were (imo) a bit off…You go out of your way to get more da from devos and Temper when it’s all on Justice chest, and not take the flagship fire devos with amazing stats or invest in key arcanist stuff like Mirror or Null.

1 Like

Yes thanks for doing the devotions ill make that build, but fuck phys res or what?

Learn to rely on the defensive strengths of the class you’re playing.

In this case, it’s mirror/blastshield combo, with ghoul as a back-up

It’s all about timing. The only thing you really need, is to not get one shotted, because your sustain with that offhand should be off the charts.

Stacking phys res here at the expense of other things detracts away from the key strengths of the sorcerer.

While the mechanics of each defensive stat is a constant, the methodology behind building defence for each character isn’t.

I’m not sure if that makes sense.

EDIT: This is also true for offence

2nd EDIT: If you look at my sorc, my main form of defence isn’t DA, armor or phys res. It’s damage absorption from:

• Seal of ancestry
  • Crab
  • phoenix
  • Maiven’s
  • Wyrmscale

All this stacks with things like blastshield. In other words, “the whole is greater than the sum of the parts”

Though tbh, my build is too glassy. I just wanted to see how far I could push the DPS.

1 Like

The strength of AAR is oa. AAR got 70+% built in crit dmg on top of arcanist’s 25% and other sources. Oa scales incredibly well on AAR. This is why after the nerf to Fleshwarped Tome I eventually gave up on breaking up Clairvoyant set despite the vitality conversion - because the profits from oa (from Clair completion) make up for less flat (and much less of a loss now since the nerfs). So, here, I would try to find ways to boost that oa.

As for phys res. imo the op setup gives too much for it. But it’s a matter of preferences.

1 Like

Exactly this. So if we were to look at all the possible offensive stats you get to pick from, things like…

• Casting speed
  • OA

Would outweigh the often coveted “flat damage.”

Similarly, defence often adds to a builds offence.

Maxing out CC-res for example minimizes interruptions to AAR casting.

Basically, it’s about finding that right balance.

Flat to AAR is also monstrous. Which is why my bad I didn’t use Dawnshard shouldies here at first. Dawnshard shoulders all the way.

I still miss my first AAR binder that stacked so much flat it was SPILLING… :sob:

I’m talking about flat WD. Sorry. Should’ve been more specific

i cant make the living armor anymore what if i put a sanctified bone in the chest

I think chain of oleron is better.

2950 OA is still a little low for AAR.

General rule of thumb - the higher your crit value, the more OA you want.

EDIT: But that leads to another problem - loss of armor absorption. Which is why I also think fateweaver’s is BiS here. But that results in you losing DA.

etc. etc.

So at one point or another, you’ve got to make a sacrifice.

Also, augments should definitely be irrah’s soulfire where possible.

1 Like

I dunno… Grava got shitload of fire res so the Bone would help. But in general Chains should be better. Trap res is also good. In SR, Benn+need to kite=can’t kite=die.

1 Like

well thanks a lot for the feedback. I just need to grind iron bits and im golden.

1 Like

True. And oh wait, I forgot about 2 piece justice armor absorption bonus.

Yeah, sanctified bone or chain of oleron. I would personally go for the latter. Trap res is hugely important to me

one thing i noticed is that IEE gives 8% elemental and regen while reckless power gives only 8% of fire per point, isnt it better to invest in IEE main skill? (except for 1 % casting speed every couple levels of reckless power)

edit: also with the devotions i have a problem there is nothing to trigger raise the dead, i could throw a point into devastation and link it up that way

k devastation definitely doesn’t work to proc that dev. i dont know stun jacks (would be a hassle)